Under 3 is free admission - do I need proof?

jphillips_3

Earning My Ears
Our triplets are 2.5 yrs old. They will actually be 3 in January. We are going to WDW this month. Will I need any sort of proof that they are under 3 and do not require passes? If so, what?

Also, I heard that under 3 eat free at disney restaurants... is this true? Like buffets and sit downs?

Thanks!
Julie P.

Julie,
My wife and I took our boys when they were 4 and 2, then again just before my youngest turned 3. At no time did anyone ask for proof of his age. We actually made four trips between his second and third birthday, without once being asked to provide proof of his age. On the subject of meals, however, we had to pay for his meals. But usually one meal was enough for both of our boys to share. Hope this helps and hope you have a great time.
Glenn

We bought our 3 1/2 yo a FAP after a lady at Epcot questioned us while he was sleeping in a stroller. We both said he's two but we didn't ever want him to be in a position to lie.
We have never used it. I just don't bother to take it out. If someone asks, we have it. But no one else has ever asked.

I have never been asked for proof at resturants either.

My youngest DD is going to be 3 2/8/03 ....we are going to WDW 1/25/03 to 2/1/03. I am going to make a copy of her birth certificate (can't hurt) to take with us because she is HUGE (40 pounds)!

As far as restaurants, we went last year & this is how it goes: if you go to a sit down you must pay for what you order no matter what the age. If you go to a buffet or character meal (no matter how the food is served), under 3 is free.... be sure to check your receipt because sometimes the server will put the charge on there without asking the age - they just assume.

Oh man! I wish I'd known that under 3 were free at buffet, we paid for my 2 yo twice!

My kids are big for their ages, and I've never been asked for proof of age. I have it just in case, though. Check your children's health insurance cards. They probably have their birthdates on them.

No proof is needed. They take you on your word. It helps if the child is already in a stroller.

Since you have 3 kids, I would bring proof! Make photo copeis of their birth certificates. I know in my state I can order copies online and they even have little ones to carry in your wallet. It would be very expensive for you if for some reason someone would question it. You don't want to waste time arguing with anyone either.

Not one cast member will ask you for proof. Not one. If your children are NOT of the right age a cast member might strike up a conversation with your child and ask their age. But a CM will NEVER ask you to prove your childs age.
Just so long you have told the CM at your PS check in that the kids are under 3, they take you for your word.
It is one less worry for you while you prepare.
I have been to WDW over 60 times. I have brought my children about 20 times. They are now 6 and 4. I have been through the "their not 3 yet" stage.
I promise NO ONE will ask how old your child is, unless in polite conversation.

We just got back. My son is 2 - he will be 3 in November. When putting through my tickets at Animal Kingdom and going through the gate the lady counted my tickets and asked how old he was. I said 2. She said okay, have a nice day! That was all there was to it. And I never had anything said to me the rest of the trip.

I wouldn't worry about it!

We went in April when DS wasn't quite three yet (he turned three in July). He's big for his age (people think he's five years old!) and no one ever questioned us.

I was there in August, and my daughter was 2.5 years old and my nephew was 4 years old. They never asked ages for either of them...my daughter is almost as big as my nephew, and my sister usually carried him thru the gate. She had a ticket for him, and would put it thru, but many times, they would try to "shoo" her thru before she had his ticket out! We joked later that she didn't even need a ticket for him. So - I don't think you will have a problem. But, I was thinking the same thing. We are going back in December - and my DD will be closer to 3 and is wearing size 4T-5T clothes...maybe I should bring some proof too! :)

I was under the impression that Disney counts your childs age from the day you arrive. My son will be turning 3 while we are there and they told me he wont need to pay to get into the parks since the day we arrive he will be under 3. Did anyone ever have a problem with that. Thanks. Michelle

You won't need proof, Disney will take your word for it.

As for eating free. Children under 3 eat free at buffets and pre plated "one price" places. But any where that you order off a menu, you will have to pay for whatever you may order. However, they can still eat from free by sharing some of your meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter