Universal Express in July?

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
Hi...we are thinking of spending a week at the new Royal Pacific in July. Do you think with the crowds that the Universal Express will really work? We haven't done Disney in the summer for a few years because of the crowds.

This Express sounds to good to be true, but with the kids' school schedules, we have to go in summer. We have never been to Universal or Sea World. Anyone been there in the summer and used the Express system? Thanks!:cool:

I used the express back on Memorial Day and it was a breeze. I'm sure with the new hotel opening that there will be more people using the "magic keys" but it beats the traditional way by a looooong shot.

IMHO, it's the only way to go, especially during busy times.

Nothing beats seeing a 90 minute wait for Spiderman and actually riding in less than 15 minutes. :D

I agree with Robin, it works and is worth it.

In July, it will be invaluable for the water rides too. :cool:

Thanks for your replies. What are the chances that Universal Express would be eliminated in the near future? I am planning this trip for the summer only because of this feature. It would be disappointing if it was cancelled for some reason. I guess I just need assurance. Thanks!

Yikes! Don't even THINK that!!

As with all great perks, we just can only pray that it will be in effect as long as possible. This has been tossed about before, I know it will be back again.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Gosh I wouldn't do it any other way especially in July!! I asked if they were going to still have express for on site guests when I booked RP, she told me yes but ya never know!

I usually never go in the summer either. I think Iv'e gone maybe twice.This year we are going in July. I did notice at IOA they have some kinda water things that you can go under if your hot. Bring lots of sunscreen and you will have a great time!:)

We were there over July 4. Express worked great. We were able to do the parks and be at the pool by 1:00 or 2:00. Then we went back to the parks in the evening. The good thing is the parks are open late and you can enjoy while it's dark outside. The July 4 fireworks were spectacular!!

This is another reason we want to go in the summer. I saw where the parks are open until 10pm. We are late sleepers, so if we get to the parks at noon or 1, we have till 10 at night to enjoy.

Thank you for all the great feedback! I'm getting so excited! We have never done Universal or Sea World. We are addicted to Disney and have been afraid to try other things, but after reading this board, my family is anxiously awaiting the summer! The hotels sound fantastic too!:D

Goofy'sFriend,
If you like roller coasters, make sure you ride Kraken at SeaWorld. Since you won't have express access at SeaWorld, get there early and go straight back to Kraken. It's GREAT!!

You know, if express is just too long for you, there is always the VIP tour.

more info at 407-363-8295

I did notice at IOA they have some kinda water things that you can go under if your hot.

The heck with that, Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges will leave you as wet as if you had jumped into a pool! :D It doesn't say you "may" get wet.....it says you WILL get SOAKED!

Be sure to look up and wave at me on Me Ship the Olive, I'm the one squirting you!;)

Dudley Dooright's is downright refreshing as well! ;)

And in the Studios, make your way to Curious George's play area...kids of all ages can get soaked to the bone!!!

Have fun!
Karen

Originally posted by MsDisney

The heck with that, Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges will leave you as wet as if you had jumped into a pool! :D It doesn't say you "may" get wet.....it says you WILL get SOAKED!

Be sure to look up and wave at me on Me Ship the Olive, I'm the one squirting you!;)

Dudley Dooright's is downright refreshing as well! ;)

And in the Studios, make your way to Curious George's play area...kids of all ages can get soaked to the bone!!!

Have fun!
Karen

look for MsDiz, she is the one in the white tank top that is all wet.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter