Universal Menus!!!

We've been to both, Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock, We had lots more fun @ Hard Rock because we did not have to wait a hour and a half (standing up) for a table :guilty: . The food is a better at Planet Hollywood but it's also more $$. If i had to go pick I would pick Hard Rock just to avoid the long wait. You can also try RainForest Cafe for the kids. I bet they would love it :cool1: :banana: !!!!

Hi, all

How does a Priority seating differ from a reservation?

Our trip is scheduled for 9/11-17/05. When should I be looking at making reservations for places?

Thanks!

KMB (complete Newbie)

"Sweetie, go get Mommy's bazooka." Harley, BB-RofJ

I placed our breakfast reservations for the character breakfast at Confisco Grill about a month before we actually left.Hope that helps. Have a great trip!!!

next available seating after your time,at Disney this sometimes means a very long wait but I've never had that problem at Universal.Arrive a little early just to be safe.I've never been seated anywhere at exactly the reservation time so there is little practical difference.I usually PS a liitle before or after peak dining times and am usually seated right away.

.......also if you are staying on-site your hotel key gives you priority seating at any time or at least it used too.

The Resturants at the Hard Rock Hotel are The Palm, The Kitchen, and The Sunset Grill.

Does anybody know if Mythos let you share entree? I'm normally share the food in places like Pizzeria Uno, Chillis, etc. because I couldn't eat everything! :guilty:

Thx!

Yes you can share entree's at Mytho's as well as any fine dining locations on Universal Orlando Property.

Regarding the issue of "how early can you book:"

I called Universal dining yesterday and spoke to a very helpful rep. For those looking to book reservations:

- Officially, seatings can be booked up to 60 days in advance, however.....

- the ressie system Universal uses often doesn't have complete seating windows open until just a few weeks before a given date.

As example, I wanted to book a dinner at Mythos for late August (about 32 days out from the day I was calling). The rep told me for the day I was looking at, the latest dinner seating his system was showing was 3pm. "3pm!??!"

He then explained that no, Mythos wasn't completely booked that night, but rather that the manager of Mythos (and every other sit-down restaurant at Universal) literally has to go into the system to "load" dining seating times for reservations, and has to do that separately for each day. He said that as a result, Managers often don't put the seating info into the system until a few weeks out for a given date.

Bottom line:

The real window for booking most Universal restaurants is something between 2-3 weeks in advance of your date. :rolleyes2

I don't know how late the parks are open when you are going, but Mythos often only takes reservations as late as 3:00 when the parks are not open late.

I'll be going to Universal in March and have 2 questions at this point (sure I'll have some more as I read these threads and it gets closer to the date), but for now: is Mythos only open till 3pm or do you mean that they wont take ressies later than that at certain times? and , as we are staying on site, does that mean that I wont have to make any PS ressies because I'll just have ti show the room key? Thanks in advance, Im a big Disney fan, going back there in Oct. 06, so I'm wondering if I'll become a Universal lover as are many of the people on this board.

March is spring break. Check Universal website for park hours. They may be open later. If so, Mythos will be open later. You can always call them to see. Your room key will get you "next available seating". If a lot of hotel guests are there before you, you could still have a wait. It never hurts to make a PS. Then you can also show your key when you get there. For Mythos, we usally stop in during the day and make a ressie for the time we want. If you want to eat at Emeril's in City Walk or Tchoup Chop, you need reservations in advance. You can make them on line at open table.

Thanks very much gschmerl. We are going March 11 - 15, do you think we will be there during Spring break??

YUM! Thanks for all the great menu sites. Looks like I'll be stopping by Margaritaville for my bday dinner! Can't wait! :banana:

Cebhfhionn said:
I HIGHLY recommend Mythos, we've eaten there the past couple of times that we've been there and its been wonderful!

Does anyone know of anywhere that you can get the recipes for their AuGratin Mushrooms, they're DELICIOUS!!!

Polly....do you have a rat terrier? I've been in dog rescue for eleven years, and do rat terrier rescue. Your dog looks like a calico rat. Or, is it a jrt?
Either way, gotta love the terriers..they keep you on your toes, huh. :thumbsup2
---Melissa

www.ratbonerescues.com

Do you have to have reservations for the restaurants - particularly the sit down ones? Are the waits insanely long or bearable?

We are kinda wanting to eat fly by the seat of our pants type deal. :teeth:

It's our first trip to Universal, so we were hoping to just decided on the spot.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter