• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Newbie

pfeifer1990

Mouseketeer
We are planning a 1-night stay at Hardrock in mid-May. We'll be arriving from MCO around 1030 am on a Friday. We have the park to park tickets for arrival and check-out day. I am assuming there is someplace we can stow our luggage on arrival and check-out day. My questions are:
1) When we arrive at check-in do we get our park tickets and express passes at that time? At the check-in desk?
2) Will we get a notification when our room is ready?
3) Is there a Starbucks at HRH? If there is do they have the full Starbucks menu (ie Starbucks cold drinks not just coffee)? And how early do they usually open?
Thank you in advance! Can't wait to have a butterbeer and get a wand!

...I am assuming there is someplace we can stow our luggage on arrival and check-out day.
Yes. There are luggage services that you can store your bags at before your room is ready and after you checkout.

1) When we arrive at check-in do we get our park tickets and express passes at that time? At the check-in desk?
How are you purchasing your park tickets? For your Express Passes they are your room keys and you will get those at the check-in desk. They also have a separate tickets desk to pick up park tickets, but it will depend on how you bought them. Like if you bought from a 3rd part (like Undercover tourist), those you would print yourself at home (and could exchange them for the smaller, card sized tickets at the ticket desk). Or if you bought them through the universal site, you should be able to pick them up at the ticket desk

Yes they will text you when your room is ready

3) Is there a Starbucks at HRH? If there is do they have the full Starbucks menu (ie Starbucks cold drinks not just coffee)? And how early do they usually open?
They serve Starbucks at the Marketplace shop at HRH (It's like a grab and go type convenience store). It's not a full Starbucks. You can see what they have (and their hours) here: http://stayinguniversal.com/menus/starbucks-at-hrh-marketplace/

HR does have luggage service and they will hold it for you until your room is ready
They will delivery it to you if you request it

Also use the service on check out day and hit the parks until time for you to leave the park

if you purchased tickets, pick them up once you have checked in to the hotel

...I am assuming there is someplace we can stow our luggage on arrival and check-out day.
Yes. There are luggage services that you can store your bags at before your room is ready and after you checkout.

How are you purchasing your park tickets? For your Express Passes they are your room keys and you will get those at the check-in desk. They also have a separate tickets desk to pick up park tickets, but it will depend on how you bought them. Like if you bought from a 3rd part (like Undercover tourist), those you would print yourself at home (and could exchange them for the smaller, card sized tickets at the ticket desk). Or if you bought them through the universal site, you should be able to pick them up at the ticket desk

Yes they will text you when your room is ready

They serve Starbucks at the Marketplace shop at HRH (It's like a grab and go type convenience store). It's not a full Starbucks. You can see what they have (and their hours) here: http://stayinguniversal.com/menus/starbucks-at-hrh-marketplace/
We have a package for room and tickets through a travel agent so I assume we will pick them up at the ticket desk. Thank you for all the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter