universal stuidios/worth going?

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to orlando for our very 1st time ever. We are thinking of doing WDW 4 parks, then spend a day at Universal and a day at Sea world. We have 3 kids. 7, 10 & 11 in group. The 11 year old LOVES the movies and enjoys slime-time. Would we be crazy NOT to make it to these two parks? or just stay at WDW. ANy help would be great. :pinkbounc

Defenitely go to Universal. The park is fun!!

If this is going to be your only trip --- definately go. IF you are goind to return WDW can certainly fill your time. You could then include a water park in your trip.

Renee

Thanks for the input on this. This is my very first time at everything. First time on Dis-discussion too. Not sure if we will ever get back to Florida, so would like to get as much stuff done that we can. Guess Universal here we come. Oh and Shamu too. My daughter would hate not being able to see the animals. Thanks again.

sea world - i wouldnt go there - doesnt sound fun
Universal is cool
The best ride there is Twister and other great rides such as MIB , king kong, earthquake, back to teh future , jaws and the alfred hitchcock ride.

Seaworld is terrific if you have time. Much more relaxing and slower paced than the other parks!

I would definetly do Universal. It's a great park. I think that your kids would love it. I've heard that Sea World is wonderful. I would do that too. Have Fun!:D

Skip Universal Studios, I went there for my first time back in October of 2000. By the time 3 in the afternoon rolled around I was almost bored to tears. I had done all the rides (with the exception of MIB, it was broken that day), seen all the shows, and seen the sights. The shows are mediocre at best, the rides while "advanced" are showing their age from years ago. I pretty much felt like I was cheated out of 50 dollars by wasting it on the Studios half of Universal.

Thanks for all replies. I am jealous of everyone that has been many times--me this is going to be my first and maybe my last. The kids watch Nickelodeon all the time and that is where slime time live is at Universal. My only thougth was---if they did do a taping while we were there, we are doing what 4 hours at the taping, and probably wouldn't see everything at universal then. Anyone done this in one day??? Chances of them taping are slim but would like to have advance planning, and what is it like at parks in February--busy??? and nobody can use the express lane unless getting two-day pass?? is that right?? Thanks again. Happy easter to all!!!!

Thanks for reply Dopey 0878, I see that you have been to All star music twice. That is where we are staying in February. I hope it's nice, we reserved "Preferred" rooms, any suggestion as to which building to ask for when time gets closer? or we can't specify which builiding. We want to be close to pool, bus stop, food court as possible. Thanks.

Mogs30: Preferred views cost more/ I think it is $10 more a night. You can call the hotel or 1 407 W DISNEY and ask for CRO (Central Reservations Office) and then ask for which buildings in Music are the preferred buildings.

Your kids would like Universal and Seaworld. I have a seven year old who is fearless. The 10 and 11 year old will like MIB, Back to the Future, and Terminator 2. IOA is packed to the gills with things for kids that age as well.

Re:All Star ... go for close to the Lobby, 2nd or 3rd Level to escape ground noise especially if you are poolside. Try to view the resort map and request near the front (Close to food court and more importantly, the buses)

Re: Universal/IOA ... I would not call it a trip without visiting US/IOA. I have twin nieces (7yo) who loved BOTH! MiB was a hot with the twins but we loved the other rides. Also do the Nick tour, the girls loved it and they got to take part in the games at the end! Great stuff.

At IOA, the twins loved Cat in the Hat and the flying Unicorn but werent tall enough to ride the coasters. Spiderman freaked them out at first but by our third ride, they were seasoned pros. Please heed the warning about Popeye and Dudleys ... YOU WILL GET WET! Please take neccessary precautions (Ponchos with no socks and shoes!). Also your children will love the photo op with the X-Men, Spidey and some of the baddies (Green Goblin etc) as well as Grinch, Cat, Thing 1 and Thing 2 etc.

Re:Seaworld - Coaster fans will love Kraken and Journey to Atlantis should not be missed on a hot day. Your party should really love animals to justify a trip here. The Twins loved the shows (and I personally laughed my backside off watching one of the pre-show Mimes!). It is a different animal experience than Animal Kingdom at WDW but like I said, gauge the animal interest before planning this.

Summary: US/IOA Definite yes! Although there isnt enough toddler rides (5yo and under) there is enough attractions to keep everyone occupied! Seaworld is a matter of taste. We have visited it in Orlando (twice), San Diego (twice) and Brisbance, Australia. We will probably miss during our next trip to Orlando in September (but I maybe tempted by Kraken ....). Either way, you are in the right place and amongst the right people to get all the information you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter