Universal will reopen June 5th!

I’m super skeptical about this allergy being about all hand sanitizers. Easy to be allergic to fragrance, dye, inactivate ingredients though. All formulas will be different so I’d urge her to try them vs writing it off as a blanket allergic to all hand sanitizers. Would be a shame to miss out on things if that particular one used in the parks isn’t a problem.
they just talked with GR and they are making it mandatory for everyone to use the hand sanitizer unless they are allergic, in which case they have to bring their own. And in attractions where you cannot have anything won you, you can leave it in the medical locker they have at each loading platform.
She has tried several and has found one that she can use, so she does have it, she just didn't bring it cause she's used to just washing her hands constantly
As for the mandatory aspect of it, she was able to go on Hagrid's without using it, only on Mummy was she stopped and refused

Here are some pics, also my son's GF got denied entry at Mummy because she can't use hand sanitizer. They are going to be swining by GR at the end to let them know, I think they just didn't think of that possibility
Anyways characters are out, kept at a distance for pics

Just curious about the masks. Did they mention how hot it was wearing them throughout the park?

they just talked with GR and they are making it mandatory for everyone to use the hand sanitizer unless they are allergic, in which case they have to bring their own. And in attractions where you cannot have anything won you, you can leave it in the medical locker they have at each loading platform.
She has tried several and has found one that she can use, so she does have it, she just didn't bring it cause she's used to just washing her hands constantly
As for the mandatory aspect of it, she was able to go on Hagrid's without using it, only on Mummy was she stopped and refused

Those are the things these preview showings ae for.

I like that it is mandatory. If you know people are entering with clean hands there is much less chance of contaminating the rides.

Vacation has been a break for my hands since having clinicals in the hospital for the last two years. I opt for old soap and water whenever possible to save them. Sanitizer that often is going to suck. But... When in Rome and all the jazz.

hot and uncomfortable
I’m concerned about wearing them in Sept. I just got back from having my hair done (1st time in months, so needed, I was a sight!), I had to wear a mask for the entire 2 hours. It was hot & annoying & that was in a AC building. Made me wonder about how it would be at a park. Thanks for telling me.

Thanks for the photo update @yulilin3 I just cancelled our Disney trip this morning and we're going to do Universal instead, so it's nice to see how they're handling things.

I am not a complainer by nature, but I bought three Express Unlimited passes for a Sunday, which put them at over a hundred dollars each. I did this because I know my grandson, age seven, and me, on a controlled asthma regimen, could have some difficulty wearing masks in hot outside queues. I also booked a night at the least expensive on property resort we probably will not stay in, so we would be able to have guaranteed entry, possibly an hour early when it is cooler, but no matter. I am willing to pay extra since we wont be able to return for at least a year, and I want him to have a magical time in spite of our Disney vacay being cancelled. If we have to wait in lots of virtual lines I will feel like I wasted over $300. If this is the case, I am hoping I will know in time to get a refund of the money I spent on these Express passes, and we will begin to look at what rides we consider must do's and eliminated as many others as possible.

If you have Express Pass I don't believe the virtual queue will affect you

Have they said anything about the VQ system yet? I know you said earlier it wasn't up in IoA, but about about the other side?

Vacation has been a break for my hands since having clinicals in the hospital for the last two years. I opt for old soap and water whenever possible to save them. Sanitizer that often is going to suck. But... When in Rome and all the jazz.

My hands are constantly without using sanitizer several times an hour. I’m not thrilled about being required to use it. I wash or sanitize my hands at theme parks before I touch my phone, face, the zipper on my bag, etc and have for years but not before every ride. Universal should give us free lotion too. :p

How many VQ’s can you join? One at a time? Can you select members of your party on the app? We will be going for the first time next week. Thank you for all of the great informatio!

Just some info on Universal previews
M&G they have a specific marker where you can stand and get a pic. The TM will give a person 1 warning if they get close, if the guest gets close again the character has to be taken off stage
The character attendant cannot take a picture for you
TM were stopping guests that were walking and drinking and asked them to step to the side, finish drinking and put their mask back on

How are the lockers going to work? There is no way to social distance in the locker rooms for the HP rides.

Does anyone know when/if Bigfire and Cowfish will be reopening?

A TM on another board gave their account of the day:

Anyways, I'm back (hopefully) unscathed! I went with around 9 other people and honestly we had a great time. (We seemed to be one of the larger groups in the park). A few thoughts and experiences from day one.

-It was dead, dead, DEAD in the parks today. Our group of 10 was able to get on every major attraction without waiting a moment. The only wait was for P. Flyers, and that was only 20 min at most and simply a case of extremely low capacity. It's hard to tell with so few people hete, but we never felt worried about being too close to anyone or having to uphold social distancing. Everyone kept to themselves for the most part. I can see why Uni decided to give an extra guest comp pass for tomorrow. They probably wanted to start small today and judge how well it goes, and now that it was a relative success they want a larger sample to emulate Wednesday and on.

-Simpsons Midway Games were free to play and the Carnie employees were actively scouting for people to play. We ended up doing like 75% of them. No prizes with F2P. Don't know if this was an option before but we certainly didn't know about it.

-Curious George, Feivel Slide, and Bourne not open.

-ET cards are gone. E.T. simply says "Goodbye, Friends" everytime. He did this pre-Corona if he was given no name data to work from, but now it is the norm it seems.

-M&G Characters around both parks are now on stages. I saw Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Spidey, and Cyclops at the far edge of MSHI, Spongebob and Patrick on the Kidzone stage, Popeye on the ramp to the Toon Lagoon ampitheatre, and Hashtag the Panda on the steps of Fallon behind a fence. All characters were wearing some kind of mask except Betty Boop and Beetlejuice, both found on the Horror Make Up show stage.

-Some effects on FJ not working. Dragon did not spit fire, similar fog effects seemed fine for other attractions. All but one of the Dementors were stripped down to the Kuka Arm and all were not operating. No skull water projection. Spiders still spit though!

-No preshows for Gringotts, MiB, Hagrids, E.T.

-Masks still seem to be required on coasters.

-Velocicoaster has made some awesome, very visible progress. The best places to see for me were Doom, P. Flyers, Hippogriff/HP Bridge.

-I doubt P. Flyers is going to allow adults for the record, mostly just a way to get TMs trained for the real deal.

-Food was kind of a mess tbh. You have to order via the app in any restaurant to my knowledge, but it took asking 3 TMs to understand what we need to do to get a meal. Some restaurants only allow one group at a time. No TM Discount upfront, you have to pay in full and come back to the cashier after your meal to get any money reimbursed. Freestyle machines seemed very problematic. I had used one and come back to my table to find that a small black plastic tab from the dispenser had chipped off the machine and into my drink. TMs helped me out, but it took about 10 minutes of waiting for me to actually get my drink with no other group in the building. My entire group agreed that all of the soda seemed metallic in taste, and whether that is from lack of use for months or the employee wiping down every inch of the machine with alcohol wipes after every use, it definitely wasn't very pleasant. Definitely the least safe I felt today by far.

-Employees wipe down ride vehicles and give guests hand sanitizer immediately before every ride.

-Superstar floats and music were around, but different. Only one float/IP would come out at a time. I saw a lone SLoP float drive all the way from Esoteric to New York, and a lone Spongebob float stay around Esoteric for guest to take pictures with the characters from a distance, similar to the stage idea. SLoP bikes were out, but I did not see Spongebob Skaters. Blues Brothers show and car were out. Diagon shows and Beat Builders seem untouched.

-It was very hot today. I didn't have any huge problems with masks, but I can definitely see how the heat and humidity could get to some people. It's definitely different than what people, even locals, are used to. Some people probably won't have a good time at all with these restrictions. Keep your limitations in mind when planning trips at this time.

Any of this could change from now to official reopen, so keep that in mind. We had a great time but it was definitely very strange. Hopefully it'll only get better with TM practice.

Anyone know if neck gaiters covering the mouth and nose allowed instead of a mask with ear straps/ties?

Anyone know if neck gaiters covering the mouth and nose allowed instead of a mask with ear straps/ties?
Good question - in the same vain what about a bandanna which also meets most states requirements for a face covering.

They should have images of what is acceptable on the site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter