• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe the addition of Mack spinning coaster
will more than a mid thrill coaster. Seeing its in classic monsters land they could theme it to be very scary and go for a very intense spinner something like the ride to happiness that Mack opened last summer at Plopsland in Belgium that ride has 6 inversions and from all the critics reviews I seen a top 10 in world coaster.

Maybe the success of that ride and fact they all ready getting another Mack ride and can get a good multi deal is reason for change. An extreme spinning coaster mainly in dark with haunting music and monster anomontrics hasn't been done before and would do justice to classic monsters, more than a family spinner as with taller height requirement they haven't got to tone down theming worrying about upsetting smaller children.
I’ve always loved Alicia’s reporting!

I think there is a lot of stuff that could be cool for all ages, especially with the highly speculated and proposed HTTYD land

Do we have any info on the possible 2 new hotels across the road from Epic Universe?

I know that we have the main hotel, the name of which escapes me, which will I assume be Premium, but the 2 others may well be economy.

Other than project numbers is their any further info on the hotels generally?

I was so happy to see a coaster! I just hope that the rumored dark ride for the Universal classic monsters is that: a dark ride. No 3D, no wearing glasses or virtual reality (yours truly has something called blepheritis- its when those crusty things that get in your eyes cause chaos. So when i eventually ride the mario kart ride i will not be getting the full experience unfortunately)

I was so happy to see a coaster! I just hope that the rumored dark ride for the Universal classic monsters is that: a dark ride. No 3D, no wearing glasses or virtual reality (yours truly has something called blepheritis- its when those crusty things that get in your eyes cause chaos. So when i eventually ride the mario kart ride i will not be getting the full experience unfortunately)
I’m replying to myself so I can clear up something: I can wear the 3D glasses if possible but I usually tend to ask for new or unused ones even if I see they were freshly cleaned. They also don’t go on my head as fully as the virtual reality pieces do. I can’t ride whatever replaced Corkscrew Hill in Busch Garden Williamsburg because of how the goggles or glasses whatever you call them fit to my head and around my eyes. 3D glasses I can at least sit at the bridge of my nose, ask for clean pairs or even put them over my sunglasses (tho that leads to a very very dark 3D experience)

I just hope it opens on time, because we are planning a trip down there Christmas 2025. These things never open on schedule.

So I do have one concern that has (rightfully) been bought up: will they change the seating arrangements for the Mario kart ride for epic universe.

While I am plus size, I usually don’t have an issue but I could not ride it in USH. And I know some fellow women who are really upset because their hips will betray them with fitting into the seats.

I agree with one take that it’s a dark ride, and while it’s been discussed before that it’s for safety it’s almost like they didn’t think to reconfigure something.

I will say this though: as a whole USH Super Nintendo looks amazing and makes me excited for Epic Universe and how they can do more in Florida than in California!

Also I hope the donkey meet and greet finds a new home at Epic universe or at least the Texas park! Seeing video of him saying goodbye the other night was so sad!

Last edited:
Reactions: AJA
So I do have one concern that has (rightfully) been bought up: will they change the seating arrangements for the Mario kart ride for epic universe.

While I am plus size, I usually don’t have an issue but I could not ride it in USH. And I know some fellow women who are really upset because their hips will betray them with fitting into the seats.

I agree with one take that it’s a dark ride, and while it’s been discussed before that it’s for safety it’s almost like they didn’t think to reconfigure something.

I will say this though: as a whole USH Super Nintendo looks amazing and makes me excited for Epic Universe and how they can do more in Florida than in California!

Also I hope the donkey meet and greet finds a new home at Epic universe or at least the Texas park! Seeing video of him saying goodbye the other night was so sad!
From the videos now coming out of Universal Hollywood, the Maio Kart ride has the same looking vehicals as Men in Black in Orlando - 2 at front and 2 higher at back.

From the videos now coming out of Universal Hollywood, the Maio Kart ride has the same looking vehicals as Men in Black in Orlando - 2 at front and 2 higher at back.
MIB is also bigger due to the 3 seats. And I believe the seats are taller I may be wrong. MIB my short self is usually dangling my legs, Mario kart I don’t think I would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter