"Unleash the Villains" mayhem - Disney Parks Blog up if you want to comment

I got a call as well and she sent me the code for the free download of all Villains (except Hades) thru the photopass site. Where you write the photopass card code just put: FRDY-13TH-VLLN-PRTY then you can download them to your computer and print or share.

Thanks for the code! I got them downloaded ASAP in case they are going to limit the number of downloads.

Read somewhere (maybe here, maybe another blog) that nearly half the attendees at the WDW Villains event were cast members.

Also that Disneyland blocked cast members from attending, but WDW did not. Disneyland does tend to have more local visitors than WDW.

I can't help but wonder how it would have gone if cast members were blocked from attending. Or if they'd had it on a day when they didn't also have a Halloween party at MK.

A blog did say WDW executives were in attendance, while the Disneyland execs were not.

I'm sure they were. We had talked to a character handler earlier in the week who said he and all his friends were going. We saw the CM who had checked us in earlier that day at BLT with her friends by one of the bars (CPers I believe).

What I found so frustrating is complete lack of organization, no signage, no crowd control, not a manager in sight. No one taking control at all.

It really put a damper on our trip as it was such a disaster and felt like a ruined night for us.

Don't know what made me read the last page of this thread, as I was so mad at Disney over that trainwreck of an event. My daughter and I suffered thru the Villian party until the fireworks when we left and even though I threatened to write Disney, I hadn't got around to it.

Was so glad to read about the photopass addition. Although it will not make up for the hot, miserable time we both spent that day. It will make my scrap-booking a little better. Thanks to all who posted the info.

Having just read through all 15 pages of postings, I have to give my 2 cents about our experience with this event....

My sis and I flew in from MN for the weekend, specifically for this event! We arrived MCO about noon, checked into our off-site hotel and decided to start out at MK. About 4pm decided we better drive over to HS and get car parked. When we arrived lot was almost full. We were driving around hoping to find a spot where a day guest had pulled out. It was like Christmas at the shopping mall! In the park we went on several rides, checked out the Villains in Vogue and they were already lined up. We didn't wait because we weren't that interested in a shirt. We checked out the layout of the meet and greet area and people were already starting lines. Again, didn't join in a line because we didn't want to spend all our time there. The area in front of the stage was jammed, elbow to elbow with people. The cm's were doing their best to keep a walkway open, and that was helpful for getting around.

Lines at every snack cart, the restaurants were jammed (the one by Indie Jones was so full the lines were out the doors). Thankfully we had eaten earlier in the evening so were only interested in water because it was sooooo hot!

We finally decided to join a m&g line (we just picked one) about 730pm. While waiting in line we were able to watch a screen showing the stage show with Hades. It wasn't the best view, but better than nothing. The lines were chaos. Our spot in line was near the Malificent photo spot and once she came out (about 9pm) people were pushing into/thru the line to take photos. We all were talking and determined that our line was never going to move forward because we were cut off from the front of the line by the crowd. At that point my sis and I decided to get out. I really just wanted pictures of the characters and knew I would not be able to be in them because of the crowd. We became part of the crowd going to the front of every character m&g spot and took candid photos of the characters, trying to catch them between guest photos. It worked for most of them. We also roamed the crowd getting photos of Big Bad Wolf, Sheriff from Robin Hood and Cruella.

We found a spot to watch fireworks, the best I have ever seen! After that we were part of a crush of people trying to get to the TSM ride that was closed during the fireworks.

We hung out in front of the stage and listened to music for a little while, then decided to call it a night about midnight.

There was no line for the parking lot tram, and we were out of the park with no traffic backup.

Recap - we missed traffic in and out! We ate early and missed the crowds at the restaurants! We got photos of the villains we wanted! We saw great fireworks! It was crazy crowded and we finally experienced a park at maximum capacity! We had a great time and I would do it again! PLUS - we were at HS the next morning and guess what - the gift shop had shirts in stock and bought one with no wait in line!

I sent WDW an email when I got home. No complaints -- I wanted them to pass on our thanks to their CMs that we appreciated the hard work they put in that night.

PLUS - we were at HS the next morning and guess what - the gift shop had shirts in stock and bought one with no wait in line!

I sent WDW an email when I got home. No complaints -- I wanted them to pass on our thanks to their CMs that we appreciated the hard work they put in that night.

OMG, I wish you hadn't wrote that! We were furious over the tshirt situation and I missed out getting them online too. If I had known I could of just gone to HS the next morning and gotten one.....ARGH!!!!'

Has anyone formally written Disney guest relations to complain about the event? I'd like to know what kind of response you got. PM me or reply.

Has anyone formally written Disney guest relations to complain about the event? I'd like to know what kind of response you got. PM me or reply.

Yes, many of us, myself included wrote to them. I got an apology call and email plus the they sent the code for the photo pass pics to me on Sunday.

If you read thru the posts you will see multiple posting that they have notified WDW regarding their dissatisfaction with how the event was run. If you still want to tell them contact them thru email or the LTM blog.

OMG - I got 666 posts on a page about VILLAINS!

If you read thru the posts you will see multiple posting that they have notified WDW regarding their dissatisfaction with how the event was run. If you still want to tell them contact them thru email or the LTM blog.

OMG - I got 666 posts on a page about VILLAINS!

Thanks, I see the comments. I have written them and would like to know what kinds of resolutions Disney has provided to others.

Thanks, I see the comments. I have written them and would like to know what kinds of resolutions Disney has provided to others.

I believe resolutions are based on what you asked for. Some people received appropriate resolutions based on them being trapped on a bus for hours with no access to facilities, some child were given new clothes to wear after accidents from being trapped on buses, others complained at their hotels for more prompt resolutions.

I only asked for the pictures of the villains and received what I asked for so I am satisfied with their response.

If you were negatively effected by this event and wish to express that to Disney, they will get back with you either through email or a phone call.

My boyfriend wrote and got a call back. We will get 4 family FPs our next trip. Just have to tell them our code at any customer service area when we get there.

Talk to a high level marketing Cast Member today. She said that Disney underestimated the crowd by 10,000 people. She said that of all of the guest, 8000 were Cast Members attending the event as guests (meaning they were off-duty).

Just some interesting info for everyone.

Talk to a high level marketing Cast Member today. She said that Disney underestimated the crowd by 10,000 people. She said that of all of the guest, 8000 were Cast Members attending the event as guests (meaning they were off-duty).

Just some interesting info for everyone.

10K error?! OMG!

DD had wanted to go, but we weren't willing to fly out for one night - and after reading all of this, glad we did not. Sorry for all the PP who had such a rough evening last month.

just wanted to check in about our night we flew in that morning changed dates to add this we went to mk and then back to the room head out to hs at 6:30 waited 30 minutes for the bus when she pulled up she said it was traffic we then waited in traffic for about an hour and a half but our bus driver was great she made her own way and kept us laughing at that point she asked us if we wanted to be dropped off at boardwalk and walk over or wait (we had not moved for 25 minutes) we all chanted yes and off we went. We walked over and had no problem getting in I was amazed I expected to see lines of buses dropping of but no nothing it was crowded but at the center only was it bad. we planned on doing no rides because of crowd just wanted to enjoy it and see fireworks, we went and got food waited average times nothing crazy we ate at Fairfax faire then headed over to star tours 20 min wait so we did that then got a spot for fireworks wasn't a problem found one and watched the band which was great. Then came the fireworks they were GREAT!!!!! loved them we both felt the bus ride was worth it saw some villians walking around and snaped some pics then went and did the drawling class and left for the night. It really was a experience but we enjoyed it that said we were without our kids just dh and I, with them this would have been very different the bus ride would have been tourture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter