*Unofficial* 2022 DIScon Fan Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I’m arriving on the 28th. I’m thinking about doing universal studios HHN either the 28th or 29th. Id like some company as I’ve never attended this event before.
Hi Steve. I may be interested in doing this on the 29th. I arrive on the 29th at MCO at 1:00pm. This may be doable for me. I have never been to HHN.

Hey y'all, I'm bumping up this thread since we're approaching 60day mark for the DIScon. I think it'll be easier to set up events that are completely free-form that allow full flexibility for folx to come or not. (Except for the hosts, we do need hosts to be relied upon.)

I've had three different travel plans upended this summer as folks had to cancel last minute due to illness. I kinda feel that we may be in a similar spot in the fall, so having flexible arrangements would be good. (So no one pays for a large group event, but only a few actually show up.) That said, if a host is comfortable with making ADR's - go for it!

I said previously I would host on the 29th and I think Dahlia Lounge will be the place. I'll be there around 8:00 or so. I want to see Harmonious and MK Fireworks from up there. I do expect to be walking somewhat by then but may still have my scooter with me.

Hey DISers, I've finally updated the first post from discussion/info upthread. We also have the official con schedule out now. (It's buried in the "Celebrity Section" of the DIScon website.)

I haven't heard of any SUNDAY plans yet. I think planning a full sit-down brunch might get a little unwieldy, but having something where folks could come and go as they desired would be nice. I don't know the Coronado area, as what would make the most sense on property. We could do a Skyliner Sunday Snack crawl, or a BoardWALK 'n Snack. I think both of those places are very ECV friendly.
Other ideas?
We're just a month away from getting to see each other! Yay!

Hey DISers, I've finally updated the first post from discussion/info upthread. We also have the official con schedule out now. (It's buried in the "Celebrity Section" of the DIScon website.)

I haven't heard of any SUNDAY plans yet. I think planning a full sit-down brunch might get a little unwieldy, but having something where folks could come and go as they desired would be nice. I don't know the Coronado area, as what would make the most sense on property. We could do a Skyliner Sunday Snack crawl, or a BoardWALK 'n Snack. I think both of those places are very ECV friendly.
Other ideas?
We're just a month away from getting to see each other! Yay!
As for Coronado Springs, there are quite a few dining options between the main building and Gran Destino. Something outside would be nice. It should be a bit cooler earlier in the day by October.

I went up to EPCOT last weekend on Saturday and parked at Boardwalk. It was dead on the Boardwalk around 10 am. Yeah, the new Deli wasn't open yet, but it still was very barren.

I like the Skyliner Crawl idea, but all we have there are Caribbean Beach and Riviera unless we want to include Yacht & Beach. Bus to Hollywood Studios, hop on the Skyliner next stop is CB. Easier for those staying along the Skyliner route too.

Howdy everyone! DIScon is coming up September 30-October 1, 2022. Often, fans in the DIScommunity enjoy an informal meet-up or two while we're gathered in town. This thread is a space for us in the community to plans ideas for getting together.

DISers offering share park time/ social visit / make new friends during DIScon weekend:
  • Ravens girl
  • Pensprincess
  • emchantedx
  • PamNC
  • LuvEeyore
  • Steve8002 (also looking for DISers to join HHN, Thurs Sept 29)
  • Tiggerette
Unofficial Planned Meetups
  • Pre-con Social at Coronado:Thursday Sept 29 (Coronado Dahlia Lounge / 8pm thru Fireworks) Co-Hosts: Danielle C, Tigger-ette
    • Attending: BoardwalkLover64
  • Mickey's Halloween Party: Friday Sept 30 (Need Meet-up Location) Need Co-Hosts
    • Attending: Puritysan, Michele&Jessica, SteveW8002
DISers Sharing Resort Location
All Star Movies: drummrsanonymous
Coronado: Tigger-ette, Danielle C, LuvEeyore + Mom, BoardwalkLover64
Old Key West: wiihoo888
Saratoga Springs: EE_Mom

IDEAS for unofficial gatherings
- Hoop de doo revue
- Universal Halloween Horror Night
- Sunday Breakfast or Brunch
- YeeHaa Bob at POR
- Boardwalk & snack

DISers Sharing Resort Location
All Star Movies:
drummrsanonymous
Coronado: Tigger-ette, Danielle C,
Old Key West: wiihoo888
Saratoga Springs: EE_Mom

Prior Post:
For those new to the DIS community: our meet-ups are fan initiated, and are sometimes as simple as: "I'm going to X (park/restaurant/ticketed event), would folks like to join me?" Or something organized like, "We're going to have a craft night. Come make something with us." Often, we'll wait to schedule any unofficial fan events until the official convention schedule is set. We also tend to have lots of ideas initially, and then eventually settle on a few that has a number of folx planning to attend.

When you offer an idea, please share if it's an event that you could host. You can always offer an idea without a host! Eventually we'll need a contact/host to help be a person that will welcome DISers who arrive and help with pre-event logistics. For now, I think it'll be good to just have some ideas to see where the energy is for what to do---- if anything. It's perfectly OK if folx are like, "Naah- I'm good." or "Yaaas! Unofficial meet-ups are fully awesome!" It's all good.
Hosting is not as big a deal as people tend to think. It's basically saying "I'm headed to MK on Friday morning. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be in front of City Hall on the steps eating popcorn (Well, for those of us whose MK ritual is eating popcorn when we first get in the park) at 9 am and I'll wait for fifteen minutes." That's it.

If people come, you go through the park togetherish. Maybe you all make a mad dash to Gaston's Tavern for a cinnamon roll (Well, for those of us whose second MK ritual is eating a cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern after we eat some popcorn on the way into the park). Then some of you go on Seven Dwarf's Mine Train then meet up again in Liberty Square to get a Mickey Pretzel (Well for those of us who, uh, never mind) and then visit The Hall of Presidents.

Don't be afraid of hosting. It's a great way to meet other Dis'ers!

And yes, I do go up to MK for a few hours to just get popcorn, a cinnamon roll and a Mickey Pretzel, then a hot dog at Casey's then head home. I mean, come on, how many times can someone go on Peter Pan's Flight?

Hi,
My wife and I are attending Dis Con after hours party at Epcot on October 1st and will not be staying on property. Can we park in the Epcot lot and if so what will the price be? Will there be any issue getting out of the lot after the party. Thnaks!

Hi,
My wife and I are attending Dis Con after hours party at Epcot on October 1st and will not be staying on property. Can we park in the Epcot lot and if so what will the price be? Will there be any issue getting out of the lot after the party. Thnaks!
Hi there. I saw you posted the question on the DIScon info thread. That is the most appropriate thread for official info. I'll be monitoring the answer from over there. Thanks for supporting GKtW village!

For those who are not attending EPCOT on Sat night, is anyone interested in a Meetup somewhere else on property?

For those who are not attending EPCOT on Sat night, is anyone interested in a Meetup somewhere else on property?
I could be persuaded! I really love the little boat-float parade around magic kingdom... that cheesy, bloopy-bleepy music makes me so happy. I also could be persuaded to other hang out spots for sip n'stroll or sip n'roll. I think someone offered an idea to see YeeHaa Bob. Last DIScon, he had a concert. I don't see it on the schedule so far for DIScon.
Sorry if I'm over-answering your question. I've already had a coffee and 8mile run. *bounce bounce thud* ;) :cutie:

I could be persuaded! I really love the little boat-float parade around magic kingdom... that cheesy, bloopy-bleepy music makes me so happy. I also could be persuaded to other hang out spots for sip n'stroll or sip n'roll. I think someone offered an idea to see YeeHaa Bob. Last DIScon, he had a concert. I don't see it on the schedule so far for DIScon.
Sorry if I'm over-answering your question. I've already had a coffee and 8mile run. *bounce bounce thud* ;) :cutie:

Two bounces, huh? Surprised you did one. after that morning. Where can you watch the boat parade? I bet they did the entertainment they did last year because they were all on a hiatus due to the pandemic. Now that Bob has his regular gig back I don't think he has the time. We can sip at both Port Orleans resorts. I didn't get my ben yays :rotfl: in March.

I've also been trying to get a reservation at Beaches and Cream and no luck.

I'm up for anything. Bus works, and I'll have my car so I can seat 4 others. It seats 5 but I kind of have to drive it.

They really need a canal between Ft Wilderness and Port Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter