update 10/01 the Vet & Newbie(Michelle & Chris)Keeley's Portland Maine, 11-30-08

Hey there I am from Old Orchard Beach just down the road a piece. Keeley's is beautiful and the food is really good. Your dress is beautiful and congrats on the killer find on ebay :) If you need any help with anything...we are having our reception at the captains galley in OOB

Hey there I am from Old Orchard Beach just down the road a piece. Keeley's is beautiful and the food is really good. Your dress is beautiful and congrats on the killer find on ebay :) If you need any help with anything...we are having our reception at the captains galley in OOB

HI Mindy - i was reading your siggie - Wow your prince moved to Maine must be true love to put up with our winters!!! The Captains galley is very nice!

Well let's see what i've been up to...

We reordered the invites to add my parents (even after my mom said it was ok she wasn't really listening apparently the day I said something about to her she was upset they were missing from it - so $65 down the tube and $65 more on the way!!)

Chris ring is in so we'll pick that up today and see about getting mine sized - when i can part with it for a few days..

My DD found her dress - it is a party dress from Deb - it's black with aqua.. it's a short dress knee length with a halter tie top and pleats - i'll post a pic when she gets back from her Dad's next week..

things left to do - call the hall and tell them the colors, pick out my flowers, get working on the cake - we decided we want Chocolate Cake with PB mousse filling and a White Buttercream frosting but we need a tasting first because there is nothing worse then a DRY chocolate cake and no amount of frosting will fix that!! Oh and we need to finishing registering :)

HI Mindy - i was reading your siggie - Wow your prince moved to Maine must be true love to put up with our winters!!! The Captains galley is very nice!

Not only the winters but he has to put up with me in the summers...lol..I run 2 campgrounds in OOB so I am never home. I had to plan everything for the wedding last winter...We were engaged in October and November I had my dress...and everything else was ordered/picked out shortly there after :)

I am really excited to find another Maine Disney bride :D :banana:

Welcome!! Your dress is beautiful and your daughters sounds lovely! can't wait to see pics!!

Chocolate with PB mousse....yummy!!! Send a piece my way!! :lmao:

Not only the winters but he has to put up with me in the summers...lol..I run 2 campgrounds in OOB so I am never home. I had to plan everything for the wedding last winter...We were engaged in October and November I had my dress...and everything else was ordered/picked out shortly there after :)

I am really excited to find another Maine Disney bride :D :banana:

OMG Awesome - We love camping!!! I keep telling my DF that I would love to run a campground!!! I am sure it's NOT as relaxing as I imagine it to be but I think it would be soo much fun!!! can you PM me the names of them - or the websites, its never too early to plan a vacation!!

Is there room here for another Maine Disney bride? :) I live about 3 to 5 hours north from all of you, but it's all good!

Michelle - I love everything you've picked out so far! You're going to have a beautiful wedding and I will be reading on!

Is there room here for another Maine Disney bride? :) I live about 3 to 5 hours north from all of you, but it's all good!

Michelle - I love everything you've picked out so far! You're going to have a beautiful wedding and I will be reading on!

Thanks and of course there is room for another Maine Bride!!

Edit 9-16-08 -- WHOO HOO :woohoo: found someone to alter my e-bay dress for under $100 (vs. the $400 the other place), we are meeting with the DJ next Friday, I have secured my photographer - a family friend who has been doing photograpy for 10+ years, I set up a meeting with our florist, I set up a meeting with a cake lady - but am seriously thinking of just going with a Walmart/Hannaford supermarket cake.. Um what else have we been doing.. Oh the favors are all set.. I've gotten some really items for centerpieces..And Chris has been fitted for his tux.
So left to do : Limo ?? i think his parents have this all set - just need to check
Wedding & Reception site - Keeley's
Catering - Keeley's brunch
Music - CJ the DJ
Flowers - Sawyer's
Cake - cake lady/supermarket
Dress - bought / alterations in works
Tux - rented
Centerpieces - bought
favors - bought
invites - sent/ about half responses back
:thumbsup2

10-01-08
Hi Everyone - well let's see what i've been doing .... making CHANGES
Going with a Fairy Tale - Cinderella - Happliy Ever After theme LOL

so still doing everything at Keeley's .. The owners are really nice - they went over everything with us - how the room will be set up, where will enter, how the flow will go. We also talked about the menu, the colors, if we were doina any of our own stuff - flower, centerpeices and things.. It went well i will have one more meeting with them most likely and it will be done..
We met with the DJ - I am a little leary, he seemed very nice and it was all about us but he showed up with LOTS of grime under his fingernails... I do realize he must have a real job but geez hope he cleans under them for the wedding..
I found a friend to make our cake - she is still charging us like $100 but that is ok - it will be a giant marble sheet cake with "And they lived happily ever after" on it in fall colors and she'll make us a small round chocolate w/ pb filling to cut and feed each other..
Changed my entire Centerpeice/favor decor!!! I now have this for the centerpieces
Weddingpumpkincenterpiece.jpg

this is the place card holder
Autumnplacecardholdersfromcurrent.jpg

Camera's for the tables
disposablecinderellacamera.jpg

and I'm hoping to win these favors on ebay
Cinderellaslipperbellfavor.jpg

Still don't know about the Limo??
Things coming up soon --- Meet with the lady making the alterations 10/06 .. Meet with the florist 10/25 .. Call the Tux place and give them final vest color.. Buy candy for favors .. Check with the 5 families of the missing invites (LOL) then I think we're done..

now for real life stuff - I am super busy mom (in looking at my planner for the month I see only 6 days with nothing written on them - Sept only had 4 free days) of 2.. my daughter is turning 15 in about 6 weeks and thinks the world revolves around her and she wants $$ for drivers ed.. :scared1: :scared1: OMG... my son is turning 12 this friday and just wants $$ to spend or save on whatever he feels like.. LOL.. He keeps me super busy this time of the year playing football and on 2 ice hockey teams !!! add to that the DF and his family and his activities plus I signed us up for some ball room dancing lessons so we can waltz aroudn the dance floor at the wedding!!
Take care all my friends till I have more updates.. Michelle

Everything looks so pretty!!!! I love your table card holders :D I am really excited to see pictures of your wedding!!!!!

Hi Everyone - well let's see what i've been doing .... making CHANGES
Going with a Fairy Tale - Cinderella - Happliy Ever After theme LOL

so still doing everything at Keeley's .. The owners are really nice - they went over everything with us - how the room will be set up, where will enter, how the flow will go. We also talked about the menu, the colors, if we were doina any of our own stuff - flower, centerpeices and things.. It went well i will have one more meeting with them most likely and it will be done..
We met with the DJ - I am a little leary, he seemed very nice and it was all about us but he showed up with LOTS of grime under his fingernails... I do realize he must have a real job but geez hope he cleans under them for the wedding..
I found a friend to make our cake - she is still charging us like $100 but that is ok - it will be a giant marble sheet cake with "And they lived happily ever after" on it in fall colors and she'll make us a small round chocolate w/ pb filling to cut and feed each other..
Changed my entire Centerpeice/favor decor!!! I now have this for the centerpieces
Weddingpumpkincenterpiece.jpg

this is the place card holder
Autumnplacecardholdersfromcurrent.jpg

Camera's for the tables
disposablecinderellacamera.jpg

and I'm hoping to win these favors on ebay
Cinderellaslipperbellfavor.jpg

Still don't know about the Limo??
Things coming up soon --- Meet with the lady making the alterations 10/06 .. Meet with the florist 10/25 .. Call the Tux place and give them final vest color.. Buy candy for favors .. Check with the 5 families of the missing invites (LOL) then I think we're done..

now for real life stuff - I am super busy mom (in looking at my planner for the month I see only 6 days with nothing written on them - Sept only had 4 free days) of 2.. my daughter is turning 15 in about 6 weeks and thinks the world revolves around her and she wants $$ for drivers ed.. :scared1: :scared1: OMG... my son is turning 12 this friday and just wants $$ to spend or save on whatever he feels like.. LOL.. He keeps me super busy this time of the year playing football and on 2 ice hockey teams !!! add to that the DF and his family and his activities plus I signed us up for some ball room dancing lessons so we can waltz aroudn the dance floor at the wedding!!
Take care all my friends till I have more updates.. Michelle

Hi Michelle -

You have been busy - the theme looks great!!! I meet with the wedding planner at WDW on 11/3 so then hopefully my stress will lessen. LOL

Have a great time with the kids birthday's!!!! At least you have more free days this month!!

Take care!
Brenda

Well things have changed yet again haaa shocker.. OMG thank goodness there are only 52 days left till we do this...

still keeping the pumpkin centerpieces and the cinderella cameras.. favors will be mini bell place cards and "a spoonful of hugs and kisses from the mr & mrs"
which basicly is a plastic spoon wrapped in tulle with hersey hugs and kisses in it...

we also are 99% sure we are getting a different DJ.. (We met with the DJ - I am a little leary, he seemed very nice and it was all about us but he showed up with LOTS of grime under his fingernails... I do realize he must have a real job but geez hope he cleans under them for the wedding..) the new one is our Dance teacher and his wife - super nice, energetic, funny, clean!! just gotta clear the price with his parents.

well that is all for now.. be back later when the DJ is final.. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter