Update on my mom - doing GREAT!

Allison Joy

DIS Veteran
So about 3 months ago, I posted asking for recommendations for a wheelchair for my mom, who had fractured her pelvis after an encounter with some friends' overly friendly dog. Since I posted on here, I thought I should do an update.

As you can see from the title, she is doing GREAT! She's not using any assistive devices, and hasn't been for about a month now. She's been going to the local rec center and walking, and even walking some around the neighborhood again. The only thing she isn't doing is walking 3 to 5 miles a day like she used to. But still/already walking more than I do most days. She has a couple more weeks of outpatient therapy, but that's mostly to work on balance and strength. She hasn't fallen or even tripped or anything similar since she came home. I'm honestly just amazed. She's 81 after a significant medical event and doing more than I do at half her age. *blushes*

I want to be just like your Mom when I grow up (a lil' bit more... 🙃 )

Seriously, I am so happy for you and your Mom both; she is genuinely amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter