(UPDATE, photos and mini trip report!) I'm home, and I missed you!!!!!

It's sounds like you had such a wonderful, relaxing time! I envy you!!!

The pics you posted are fabulous! How great to be able to fly in that plane. I'll bet that was a once in a lifetime thing to do!! Happy to hare you had such a great time. Thanks for sharing!

OMG! Reading that mini-trip report makes me want to go on a cruise myself!!! Kathy, you look absolutely FAB!! And TigH is right - you are absolutely beaming in that plane picture!!! It sounds like you had some fun adventures on that cruise! Flying in an open plane! Swimming with stingrays!! Shopping!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time! A great trip for a great person! :)

Welcome back! Looks like a wonderful trip & the food sounds scrumptious!!!!

The pictures are nice. You look very pretty all sparkly like that!!;)

WOW!!! This is what I have been waiting for! I almost sent you a PM about a trip report. It looks like you had just an amazing time!!! and you look absolutely FABULOUS!!! I love the dresses you wore for the formal nights. and the smile you are wearing after the flight in the plane is wonderful. You can tell how much you enjoyed the flight. Thanks for sharing these photos, I think they are wonderful. I have to say my favorite is the one where you are up in the airplan in key west looking at your ship. That was a view very few people get, how absolutely amazing! Glad you had a great time.

Everyone's said it- you look absolutely GLOWING/RADIANT!!! That dress is PERFECT on you and makes you look like you don't have an ounce to lose!!! And I am just THRILLED that you only gained 2 pounds!!! That gives me such encouragement for our vacation- to think I could eat two lava fudge cakes and only gain 2 pounds- I'd be all over that!
I'm gonna try and view your other pictures- I want to see that swimsuit!! :) My secret dream has always been to learn how to fly- my father flew small planes (Cessna/Piper's) when I was little and I can still remember what a JOY it was to be up there so close to heaven. What an amazing vacation you had- and you're really talking me into a cruise- I'm so claustrophobic and need my space but your balcony looks very roomy- would you recommend cruising with/without kids? Have you done the Disney cruise?

Welcome back sweetie!
Tara

Thanks for all the sweet compliments- I'm blushing!!!

Um, Tara- you're not going to see any swimsuit pictures. Not in this lifetime!!:p You're exactly right about the thrill and joy of the small planes. I would love to learn to fly, too.

There are so very many different cruise lines and ships out there, and they each have a distinct personality and feel. There was nothing claustrophobic about this trip at all. Take a good look at stateroom photos and layout diagrams before you book anything, just to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Some cruise lines/ships are very family-friendly, some are not. This ship was- good kids' program and lots of activity. Disney does the family thing really well (of course!), and I hear that Royal Caribbean does too. We've done Disney with the kiddo, and loved it. Done Princess without the kiddo- enjoyed it. There were kids on this cruise, and they seemed to be well-behaved and well entertained.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!!

:cool:

You are so beautiful, Kathy. You look like you must be very close to goal. You look so full of joy.

I'm so glad you are back with us, though.

Oh - I was drooling.....my DH doesn't have the desire to cruise anymore - I am making him look at those pix! You (and DH) looked like you were having the perfect time! Hooray for relaxation - it sure brings out the very best in you!

No need to ask for my forgiveness - I knew all along that WATP tape would never surface :p I seem to remember that I voted "no" on taking it (Oh excuse me here, I forgot that OhMom is my only DD and I was taking on the DM lecturing voice, now wasn't I) he he.... anyway - you deserved a break and only to gain 2 pounds with all that great sounding food (did you have key lime pie?) adult beverages, etc. - good job!

And, the pix that has the WACO plane symbol, do you know anything about that? I am thinking that it might have been built in Troy, OH. There is a WACO factory and just recently they are putting together a museum. (Will try to take some pix for you) I will check it out when I have some time (I grew up in Troy, my mom still lives there and only about 20 minutes from my present home)

So glad you are back with us and you do look fab - u- lous!!

And, the pix that has the WACO plane symbol, do you know anything about that? I am thinking that it might have been built in Troy, OH. There is a WACO factory and just recently they are putting together a museum. (Will try to take some pix for you) I will check it out when I have some time (I grew up in Troy, my mom still lives there and only about 20 minutes from my present home)

Bev, that is indeed the same WACO! It was the Weaver Aircraft Company, and they built airplanes from the 1920s until just after WWII in Lorain and then Troy, Ohio. After that, they just manufactured parts and engines. How cool that you're from that place! These little planes are quite well-known and very popular among biplane enthusiasts. Which is pretty amazing since they haven't been built in about 60 years.:cool:

Thanks for not ribbing me TOO bad about the exercise. You're welcome to "mother" and lecture all you want (even though I'm not *nearly* young enough to be your daughter:p !)

Welcome Back Home!! The trip sounds awesome and the pictures were great !!

Welcome Back Kathy! :) You were missed!

I just spent some time looking at your photo's, you ARE beautiful! :)

kathy - i didn't get to read your mini-trip report yet, but glanced through your pics. You look fantastic!! And sooo happy! You should feel superific about yourself, you look beautiful and had such a fab vacation!

If I can go on my vacation in Dec and come back ONLY 2 lbs heavier, that will be a definate success! Way to go enjoying yourself and indulging in things that aren't there everyday and not feeling guilty, just enjoying that moment and then getting back to reality afterwards. Not that is living to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter