Updated Canada/US Border Rules Announced 19 July 2021

I didn’t think you could drive across yet? Or is that just for going into US now?
If you are a Canadian citizen they have to let you enter regardless of your mode of transportation.

ETA: this also applies to covid status. If you are a Canadian citizen they have to let you enter even if your test is positive. You will have to quarantine but you will be allowed to enter.

Has anyone flown out from Vancouver and used the $129 antigen test at the US departures terminal? If so how was it? Did you book ahead of time? Did the results come back within the 15 minutes?

Has anyone flown out from Vancouver and used the $129 antigen test at the US departures terminal? If so how was it? Did you book ahead of time? Did the results come back within the 15 minutes?
I haven't but a friend of mine did last month. He said they booked ahead of time online and that it was very quick and efficient. They had their results in about half an hour.

Edited to add we have 2.5 hour layover at YVR so I'm thinking we may go this route unless they set up a testing site at the Prince George airport. Nothing yet but I've heard rumblings that they might yet.

I haven't but a friend of mine did last month. He said they booked ahead of time online and that it was very quick and efficient. They had their results in about half an hour.

Edited to add we have 2.5 hour layover at YVR so I'm thinking we may go this route unless they set up a testing site at the Prince George airport. Nothing yet but I've heard rumblings that they might yet.

When is your trip? We are September 3rd

August 26th coming home Sept 4th, headed to California
Jumping in on your conversation. We leave Sept. 11th from Saskatoon through Vancouver to LAX. I wanted to add, I spoke to Air Canada about getting our test on the layover portion ( in Vancouver), but they said they would be checking documentation (covid test) at the beginning of the whole "trip". Meaning for us, we need to show in Saskatoon before we even get to Vancouver for the cross border leg of the trip.😞 We are just deciding to get a rapid test the day before now. Driving to Alberta to get the $40 test at Shoppers. Luckily we are only an hour from the provincial border. The lengths we are going to make this trip happen are hillarious, but wouldn't have it any other way. We did WDW twice this past year, but this trip to Disneyland has become far more complicated!
Where are you guys getting your tests done in Anaheim? I think we will rent a car and drive through at Walgreens. We wanted a day at the beach anyways, so we will venture out after the tests since we'll have the car rental for the day.

Jumping in on your conversation. We leave Sept. 11th from Saskatoon through Vancouver to LAX. I wanted to add, I spoke to Air Canada about getting our test on the layover portion ( in Vancouver), but they said they would be checking documentation (covid test) at the beginning of the whole "trip". Meaning for us, we need to show in Saskatoon before we even get to Vancouver for the cross border leg of the trip.😞 We are just deciding to get a rapid test the day before now. Driving to Alberta to get the $40 test at Shoppers. Luckily we are only an hour from the provincial border. The lengths we are going to make this trip happen are hillarious, but wouldn't have it any other way. We did WDW twice this past year, but this trip to Disneyland has become far more complicated!
Where are you guys getting your tests done in Anaheim? I think we will rent a car and drive through at Walgreens. We wanted a day at the beach anyways, so we will venture out after the tests since we'll have the car rental for the day.
Kind of jumping in to your point, just so you are aware Walgreens in California do NOT do the Rapid ID Now NAAT tests (which is what a lot of people have been doing in Florida). They do offer the PCR tests, but they take longer. I have heard people having success at CVS in CA and someone just posted they went to City Hall I think in Anaheim for a test?

Kind of jumping in to your point, just so you are aware Walgreens in California do NOT do the Rapid ID Now NAAT tests (which is what a lot of people have been doing in Florida). They do offer the PCR tests, but they take longer. I have heard people having success at CVS in CA and someone just posted they went to City Hall I think in Anaheim for a test?
Yes, I know. 😔 We will go 72 hours before for the PCR. You can check the current turn around times from the lab they use. 90 percent of tests are back within 24 hours, so we will cross our fingers 72 hours is enough. The City Hall test costs $150 for travel. Yikes. They have a free diagnostic test, but it specifically says travel is not covered. So Walgreens it is. I called CVS and they said for travel you need to pay as well. I didn't do much digging into that, but figured Walgreens would work better anyways. There are like 6 of them within a pretty close drive. FYI, the Walgreens on Katella does not test. I phoned them too. Lol.

Oh really? My friend did it on his layover in Vancouver as well so that’s interesting! I’d better look into that though so I can plan for testing before we fly out of Prince George if we need it. We’re smack dab in the middle of BC so our options here are pretty limited and expensive. The Vancouver testing would save us about $400.
We plan to look into CVS for our testing in Anaheim. There are a couple other options I have as back up plans but CVS is my first choice since it’s close. Walgreen’s says they can’t guarantee results in time for travel on their website but CVS doesn’t. Someone else posted about having testing done at City Hall in Anaheim and there’s another company (curative.com I believe) as well who does free testing.

Oh really? My friend did it on his layover in Vancouver as well so that’s interesting! I’d better look into that though so I can plan for testing before we fly out of Prince George if we need it. We’re smack dab in the middle of BC so our options here are pretty limited and expensive. The Vancouver testing would save us about $400.
We plan to look into CVS for our testing in Anaheim. There are a couple other options I have as back up plans but CVS is my first choice since it’s close. Walgreen’s says they can’t guarantee results in time for travel on their website but CVS doesn’t. Someone else posted about having testing done at City Hall in Anaheim and there’s another company (curative.com I believe) as well who does free testing.
Well if your friend did it, I'd go with that! I feel like sometimes the agents on the phone aren't really up to speed with what's actually happening. We squeezed a WDW trip in right before the testing began to enter the US and every agent we encountered kept asking if we had our test to enter the US. I had to politely explain that policy was not yet in effect. 😂 If you dont mind, let me know where you do end up testing in Anaheim and how it went! We leave after you I believe. Have a great trip!!

Well if your friend did it, I'd go with that! I feel like sometimes the agents on the phone aren't really up to speed with what's actually happening. We squeezed a WDW trip in right before the testing began to enter the US and every agent we encountered kept asking if we had our test to enter the US. I had to politely explain that policy was not yet in effect. 😂 If you dont mind, let me know where you do end up testing in Anaheim and how it went! We leave after you I believe. Have a great trip!!
Well I just messaged him and they actually flew WestJet for the first leg, tested at YVR and then flew AC the rest of the way. That’s how they got around it. I’m so thankful you posted that because it never even crossed my mind that it would be an issue! I’ve messaged WestJet as well to double check but I guess I’ll be looking for testing before our first flight.

Yes, I know. 😔 We will go 72 hours before for the PCR. You can check the current turn around times from the lab they use. 90 percent of tests are back within 24 hours, so we will cross our fingers 72 hours is enough. The City Hall test costs $150 for travel. Yikes. They have a free diagnostic test, but it specifically says travel is not covered. So Walgreens it is. I called CVS and they said for travel you need to pay as well. I didn't do much digging into that, but figured Walgreens would work better anyways. There are like 6 of them within a pretty close drive. FYI, the Walgreens on Katella does not test. I phoned them too. Lol.
Wow, that's really comprehensive! Thanks for this response, crossing my fingers for our November Disneyland trip.

Did CVS say how much they charge by chance? Curative.com says their testing is free but the nearest one is about 25 minutes away. Walgreens concerns me only because their website specifically says they cannot guarantee results before travel. I wish they had the Rapid ID Now tests in Anaheim!!

Well I just messaged him and they actually flew WestJet for the first leg, tested at YVR and then flew AC the rest of the way. That’s how they got around it. I’m so thankful you posted that because it never even crossed my mind that it would be an issue! I’ve messaged WestJet as well to double check but I guess I’ll be looking for testing before our first flight.
I was caught off guard by it too. The other day I thought I'd better just check to make sure we could test on the layover. Low and behold that would have just been too easy apparently 🤣. Can't wait until I can actually get excited to plan things that matter, like where we are going to eat, and how many times we are going to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday. All of this other planning to just get there is exhausting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter