Sorry if this is off topic, but does anyone have any tips for using an Amex gift card that only has a balance of $11.17 for online purchases? It seems like none of my go to online shops allow split tender at checkout and I normally don't buy anything < $11 because I try and hit the free shipping minimums 😔

Sorry if this is off topic, but does anyone have any tips for using an Amex gift card that only has a balance of $11.17 for online purchases? It seems like none of my go to online shops allow split tender at checkout and I normally don't buy anything < $11 because I try and hit the free shipping minimums 😔

When I get ones like that I use it to load my amazon.

I load it to my Amazon balance also

Last year, I remember trying to load my Amazon acct with small balance Amex GCs and Amazon kept putting a pending test charge on them and then declining the actual charge because the charge plus the test charge was more than my balance. Maybe this policy has changed, but it was a pain to deal with. I ended up using them, after the pending charges dropped off, in person at a store.

I typed and erased many things that made me giggle but in the end I chose to be a responsible adult and leave it be with your concise explanation. Ha ha ha!
See, I'm pretty sure those things were my initial reaction every time I see DP on here, and I'm like 100% sure thats not what it means on disboards lmao.

Last year, I remember trying to load my Amazon acct with small balance Amex GCs and Amazon kept putting a pending test charge on them and then declining the actual charge because the charge plus the test charge was more than my balance. Maybe this policy has changed, but it was a pain to deal with. I ended up using them, after the pending charges dropped off, in person at a store.

I've never had that issue. I go to the gc page, put in how much is left on the card and then add the card. Then once it's done I delete the card.

I know Sams has had some changes online recently so I am not sure if this is still true, but I always use a split payment at Sams. They used to allow 2 different credit cards and gift cards to be combined.

Added Offers ~ 10/22/20

Disney Gift Card Deals
Weis Markets: Earn 4x Points When Buying $100+ Of All 3rd Party Gift Cards
  • Excludes Weis gift cards, financial gift cards, prepaid reloadables, phone cards
  • Expires 11/4/20. Link
Discount District
Albertsons/Safeway: Earn 10x Reward Points When Buying Select $50+ Gaming Gift Cards
  • Includes: GameStop, Nintendo eShop, Xbox, Roblox & PlayStation Store.
  • Limit 1 per transaction. Unlimited use.
  • Direct link to digital coupon.
  • Expires 10/27/20. Link
H-E-B: Buy $50 Nintendo eShop Or PlayStation Store Gift Card & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free
Expires 10/27/20. Link

Food City: Buy $50 Or $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Or $5 Off
  • Includes: Olive Garden, Domino’s, Panera Bread, Buffalo Wild Wings, Arby’s, Dairy Queen & Cracker Barrel.
  • Maximum discount $15. Limit one promotion, per customer, per day. Expires 11/04/20. Link
Giant Eagle:
  • Earn 2.5x Fuelperks+ for every $50 spent on Primanti Bros. Gift Cards
  • Save 15% wyb $19.99 or more on DAZN Gift Cards
    • Physical.
  • Limit 3. Direct link to offer to both offers.
  • Expires 10/28/20
Kroger: Earn 4x Fuel Points On Digital Content & Digital Subscription Gift Cards
  • Includes: iTunes/Apple, Google Play, Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Roblox, Fortnite, Other digital content/subscription gift cards.
  • Direct link to digital coupon.
  • Expires 11/3/20. Link
Kroger Online: Buy $50 Applebee’s eGift Card For $42.50
Limit 2. Direct link to offer. Expires 11/3/20. Link

PetSmart: Buy $25 PetSmart Gift Card & Get $5 Bonus Card Free
Save Mart/Lucky: Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Save Mart/Lucky Gift Card Free
  • Includes: Netflix, GameStop, Starbucks, Domino’s, Panera Bread, Buffalo Wild Wings & Fandango.
  • Limit $300 in gift card purchases.
  • Free gift card cannot be used to purchase gift card.
  • Expires 11/03/20. Link
Schnucks: Save $10 on $50 + Select Gift Cards
  • Includes: Lowe's, Kohl's, Gap, H&M, DSW and Michael's
  • Limit 1 per account. Limit of ONE per redemption per coupon. Expires 10/28/20. Direct link
Staples: Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee In-store only.
Offer Valid October 25 thru October 31, 2020.
Link

Warehouses
Sam’s Club Black Friday Gift Card Deals:
  • Save 10% On Gift Of Membership Gift Cards
    • Limit 5. Offer Valid Nov 7-15. Link
  • 30%+ Off Extreme Value Gift Cards Online & in-store
    • Includes: Outback Steakhouse, Saltgrass Steakhouse (Landry’s), O’Charley’s, Golden Corral & Bob Evans
    • Offer Valid Nov 7-15. Link
Amazon & Credit Card Offers - under Citi DP
Citi Double Cash Converting To World Elite Link

If you are a DVC owner you can apply it towards your dues.

What about brick & mortar pick up?

I have never tried it personally, but I see in my paypal account they have an option to do a split payment.

Also, you can use the fluz app and buy an exact value gift card. Although some gift cards have a minimum of $15, but there are many that have a minimum of $10 or even $5.

Added Offers ~ 10/23/20

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop: Earn 10x Points On Select Gift Cards
Includes: Happy, Chipotle & Domino’s Gift Cards​
Expires 10/29/20. Link

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Amazon/Kohl's DP:
  • Returns At Kohl’s Now Available At All Locations
    • Check your receipts, Kohl’s is offering $5 Kohl’s cash on receipts when making Amazon returns. Link
New Zealand: 18 COVID-19 cases directly linked to one flight.

Spirit Airlines:
Spirit has announced a new frequent flyer loyalty program called ‘Free Spirit‘. The new program will officially launch on January 21, 2021 but you can join now and start earning points and status.

WestJet: Promises Refunds On All Cancelled Flights After Air Canada Calls Their Statement Misleading. Thanks Shirley, I mean Karen ;)

How to Get a Free or Cheap Flu Shot in 2020 :thumbsup2Hip2Save

Hip2Save: 2020 Black Friday Price Comparison Cheat Sheet is Here! :thumbsup2

Apologies if this has already been reported, but Sam’s Club is up to 4% cash back on Rakuten, with no exclusions. I bought several transactions of gift cards a few weeks ago when it was at 3%, and the cash back posted on all of them without problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter