The company owns the AMEX card and I GET the benefits (AMEX points) because I've signed up for that feature and pay an annual AMEX fee for it.

Is it AmEx or bust, or would the company let you shop this card? If you have any control here, that could be a good way to maximize, as others said. The credit card board on here tends to like Chase as they have cards that are 5x for office supply and URs can be used in a lot of good ways in addition to cashing out.

But I had an ephiphany yesterday while reading this thread that I might be able to be clicking through the airline portal AND another site like RMN or cash back monitor.... but I'm likely wrong about that. :ssst:

Right, so, one clickthrough per transaction. The link you use has a unique code that reports back to the cashback/airline points outlet. You can't simultaneously click twice. There are other cashback methods based on you inputting the credit card number onto their platform (Dosh, rapid rewards dining) where they then get notification of where you are spending and you can earn money/points for spending in certain places. In that case, you can double dip if the retailer you are shopping has rewards on one of those platforms and a good clickthrough. Use the clickthrough to get first point, card usage is reported to the service that's tracking your card, you get awarded by the second service. HOWEVER, I don't know if your company would even want you putting a corporate number onto a site like that, nor do I know how much overlap there may be with the types of retailers those programs give awards for versus the spending you are doing.

Is it AmEx or bust, or would the company let you shop this card? If you have any control here, that could be a good way to maximize, as others said. The credit card board on here tends to like Chase as they have cards that are 5x for office supply and URs can be used in a lot of good ways in addition to cashing out.

Right, so, one clickthrough per transaction. The link you use has a unique code that reports back to the cashback/airline points outlet. You can't simultaneously click twice. There are other cashback methods based on you inputting the credit card number onto their platform (Dosh, rapid rewards dining) where they then get notification of where you are spending and you can earn money/points for spending in certain places. In that case, you can double dip if the retailer you are shopping has rewards on one of those platforms and a good clickthrough. Use the clickthrough to get first point, card usage is reported to the service that's tracking your card, you get awarded by the second service. HOWEVER, I don't know if your company would even want you putting a corporate number onto a site like that, nor do I know how much overlap there may be with the types of retailers those programs give awards for versus the spending you are doing.
No, it's AMEX all of the way with my company. Every single employee has one.
And I could use my personal card, but my company has a really bad habit of paying AMEX late and has another really bad habit of reimbursing employees for employee expenses MONTHS later and I'm not willing to put $10-$20k per month on my personal cards to be waiting months to be reimbursed. Just not doing it.

I frequent the credit card board and am a huge fan of it myself with my Chase cards!!

I guess that one click through per transaction is as good as it gets! Maybe I was being greedy. lol That said though, I do appreciate knowing that sites like RMN and cash back monitor are available to me. Thanks for all of your help and I DO love your username!

So this is weird, I went to Kroger Online and this is what I saw:
SUMMER DEAL DAYS
  • EXCLUSIVE ONLINE EVENT PLUS MORE HOT OFFERS
  • GET UP TO 20% OFF SELECT GIFT CARDS*
  • PLUS, EARN 4X FUEL POINTS on gift cards purchased online 8/19-8/23/22.
Ad has a count down ticker but no information about which gift cards are included in the sale or what the restrictions are. I guess we'll find out on August 19th!
1660742586795.png

Added Offers ~ 8/17/22

Discount District
Albertsons/Safeway:
  • Earn 8x Points On Apple Gift Cards
    • Unlimited Use. Link
    • Expires 8/23/22
  • Earn 5x On Subway Gift Cards
    • Unlimited Use. Link
    • Expires 8/26/22
  • Earn 10x On Domino’s Gift Cards
    • Unlimited Use. Link
    • Expires 8/30/22
  • GCG
H-E-B: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B Gift Card Free
Includes:
Hy-Vee: Earn 30c Off Per Gallon On $50 Select Gift Cards
Includes: Apple, Airbnb, Bass Pro Shops, Bath & Body Works, Buffalo Wild Wings, Domino’s, DoorDash, Gap Options, IHOP, Instacart, Lowe’s, Sephora, Spafinder and Starbucks​
Expires 8/30/22. GCG

Kroger Online: Blackhawk Network
Buy $150+ Visa Or Mastercard Gift Cards & Get $10 Off With Promo Code DEALDAYS2022
Earn 2x Fuel Points​
Expires 8/30/22. GCG

Other Gift Card Offers:
Newegg:

Kroger et al Shoppers:

In regards to the Kroger Online Visa/MC promotion, I recommend holding off until we learn more about the SUMMER DEAL DAYS. If 4x Fuel is being offered then, it will make the deal sweeter. Plus if you purchase Virtual Visa's from gift cards.com you'll really make your money work hard.

GC Galore posted this offer:
(Targeted) Kroger: Earn 200 Bonus Fuel Points On Select Gift Cards (Lowe’s, DoorDash & More)

I will not be adding this to Discount District, there's no way I can confirm these types of targeted offers. I'll also say on Koger's main site, I found this weird promotion using the search coupon feature:
1660745804712.png
Buy TWO (2) $25 Sony Gift Cards & Get a $5 Kroger eGift Card
Offer not valid on online purchases.

There's no mention of how or where to obtain the $5 Kroger eGift Card
Is this a misprint, a new way of purchasing gift cards, IDK though I do find it odd.

Yes I was surprised that there was a fee as well, which I don't believe I have seen anyone else charge
They only charge for purchasing a DGC online, right? I'm hoping that there will be a chasback offer for Staples on one of the sites, but if not I was just going to take the 10% (all of mine are 10) purchasing at the store to avoid the fee. If there's still a fee at the store then I won't be buying

They only charge for purchasing a DGC online, right? I'm hoping that there will be a chasback offer for Staples on one of the sites, but if not I was just going to take the 10% (all of mine are 10) purchasing at the store to avoid the fee. If there's still a fee at the store then I won't be buying
I believe so still have not had a chance to get back to another staples to see if they had Disney in that location. Good luck!!

There was no fee when I purchased in store.

Yesterday I used my Chase 10% at Game Stop for DGC. Also had an educational conversation with their staff about their Pro Members program. My family is/are "Pro Members" because my husband cant pass up a pitch. Pro Members pay $15 a year and get a $5/month credit. Yesterday I learned (and used) that $5 credit can be used on third party gift cards! My husband/kids constantly forget to use the $5 credit so it will be going to DGC now.

No fee in store
For me the fee was worth not driving to Staples.... yeah they charged $1.99 for the one $50 card I could get. Maybe if I had a number of different CC with different offers, going to the store for three or four $50 cards would be worth it. Have three Chase cards and only one had the Staples offer of any amount (20% with $10 Max). Besides RMN offered another 10%, by using online, that easily covered the fee (if it pays out - it is tracking).

I just wish these offers didn't max out.... Anyone try using one of these offers, during different billing cycles?

I went to Staples on Monday and my cashback has already appeared on 3 cards! Interesting
the Officemax has not and I did that the last day available. Hope it is ok!

Added Offers ~ 8/18/22

Discount District
Cumberland Farms:
  • Buy $25+ Hulu Gift Cards & Get $5 off
  • Buy $50+ Select Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Includes: Bed Bath & Beyond, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Macy’s and Ulta Beauty.
    • Expires 9/06/22. GCG
Cumberland Farms DP:
Gift of College Gift Cards code as gas station on Chase Ink Plus for 2x Ultimate Rewards points. Frequent Miler

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Cumberland Farms Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $100 Spend
  • Maximum $10 back. Offer valid one time only.
  • Works on gift cards.
  • Expires 9/30/22. GCG

Yesterday I used my Chase 10% at Game Stop for DGC. Also had an educational conversation with their staff about their Pro Members program. My family is/are "Pro Members" because my husband cant pass up a pitch. Pro Members pay $15 a year and get a $5/month credit. Yesterday I learned (and used) that $5 credit can be used on third party gift cards! My husband/kids constantly forget to use the $5 credit so it will be going to DGC now.
Were you able to use the $5 on the GC, or they just told you you could? Same situation, I found out my family has a pro membership 🙄 but the $5 coupon didn't work on the GC

Does Macy's sell third party GCs? Better yet, DGCs? I think the one near me does not sell DGCs. But anyway, I have a Macy's offer for 20% back, $10 max on Chase. Expires 8/30

Were you able to use the $5 on the GC, or they just told you you could? Same situation, I found out my family has a pro membership 🙄 but the $5 coupon didn't work on the GC
Pro membership $5 will only work on digital currency for video games, so Nintendo eshop, Steam, Xbox. It will not work on DGC or other gift cards. I have a pro membership and get a free $5 Nintendo eshop card each month.

Pro membership $5 will only work on digital currency for video games, so Nintendo eshop, Steam, Xbox. It will not work on DGC or other gift cards. I have a pro membership and get a free $5 Nintendo eshop card each month.
Well, that's a good idea. I should remember to start doing that now that I know we have this. We do like to buy Nintendo games that we can play together (co-op) for the Switch sometimes. Thanks!

I haven't seen GCs there. I used mine on vacation/back to school clothes.
The one near me sells a few GCs. We've gotten Domino's, Panera, Uber Eats, Outback, and Olive Garden GCs there. They're kind of scattered in different stands throughout the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter