How does the Cashapp boost apply, it states something like instantly save but if you're buying $75 in GCs from Target with a 10% boost. Will you "pay" $75 to Target and then see $7.50 deposited back into your Cashapp balance?

And to further that question has anyone had issues buying GCs online and using the boost category and getting the correct amount back?
This was my first time using Cash App the other day to do this. I moved $67.50 over to my Cash App account, went to Target's website, purchased the $75 gift card and put my Cash App debit card in there instead of the Target Red Card. It showed that I paid $75 on Target's website, but I only had $67.50 in my Cash App. Hope that makes sense. Got my Disney cards ($25 and $50) a short while later. I then did the same with Sam's club. Changed my boost to Sam's club 5% and calculated how much the 5% off the total price would be and moved that money from my bank to the Cash App and purchsed through Sam's.

Last edited:
Very nice offer and thanks for posting!

Amazon & Credit Card Offers

Southwest Airlines Chase Offer:
  • Earn 10% back on your Southwest Airlines purchase when you spend $50 or more, with a $40.00 back maximum.
    • Offer valid one time only.
    • Offer only valid on purchases made directly with the merchant.
    • Offer not valid on Southwest Vacations, Southwest Points purchases, inflight purchases or fees.
    • Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later).
    • Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
    • Offer expires 9/03/23. Post #18159 :thumbsup2 @JamieW
I have done this once with gift cards and it did work

This was my first time using Cash App the other day to do this. I moved $67.50 over to my Cash App account, went to Target's website, purchased the $75 gift card and put my Cash App debit card in there instead of the Target Red Card. It showed that I paid $75 on Target's website, but I only had $67.50 in my Cash App. Hope that makes sense. Got my Disney card a short while later. I then did the same with Sam's club. Changed my boost to Sam's club 5% and calculated how much the 5% off the total price would be and moved that money from my bank to the Cash App and purchsed through Sam's.
Oh interesting good to note, I had assumed the amount wouldn't even go through if you didn't have the minimum that the company was looking to charge to you available. But I also assumed that the boost amount was going to be credited back and instead as you said above Target showed $75 being paid but only $67.50 was taken from Cash App showing the instant 10% boost discount applied.

How does the Cashapp boost apply, it states something like instantly save but if you're buying $75 in GCs from Target with a 10% boost. Will you "pay" $75 to Target and then see $7.50 deposited back into your Cashapp balance?

And to further that question has anyone had issues buying GCs online and using the boost category and getting the correct amount back?

I did it 2 days ago. It worked exactly as you described. I add no issues using the boost category. I paid online via Apple Pay and selected my cash app card as form of payment.

This was my first time using Cash App the other day to do this. I moved $67.50 over to my Cash App account, went to Target's website, purchased the $75 gift card and put my Cash App debit card in there instead of the Target Red Card. It showed that I paid $75 on Target's website, but I only had $67.50 in my Cash App. Hope that makes sense. Got my Disney card a short while later. I then did the same with Sam's club. Changed my boost to Sam's club 5% and calculated how much the 5% off the total price would be and moved that money from my bank to the Cash App and purchsed through Sam's.

Oh interesting good to note, I had assumed the amount wouldn't even go through if you didn't have the minimum that the company was looking to charge to you available. But I also assumed that the boost amount was going to be credited back and instead as you said above Target showed $75 being paid but only $67.50 was taken from Cash App showing the instant 10% boost discount applied.
My experience mirrored Bootsie. I do not keep a balance on my CashApp card. I moved $67.50 to the card just before checking out with $25 and $50 eDGCs. I checked out with a total cost of $75.00 and it went through just fine, only charging my card $67.50.

I never move more than needed to cover the final cost (total less Cash App boost) to the card when I use it.

*sigh*

Placed what I thought was my last order to get the Target Circle Bonus (needed an $80 purchase; got $75 worth of DGC's plus a couple of small baking items for a new recipe I want to try). Got the GC's right away added them to my account etc.

Then I get a notification that one of the small baking items is out of stock and they can't ship it, so I had to cancel that item.. which took me below the $80 spend.

*sigh*

Placed what I thought was my last order to get the Target Circle Bonus (needed an $80 purchase; got $75 worth of DGC's plus a couple of small baking items for a new recipe I want to try). Got the GC's right away added them to my account etc.

Then I get a notification that one of the small baking items is out of stock and they can't ship it, so I had to cancel that item.. which took me below the $80 spend.
Been there. I changed to strictly gc after that (although in store purchases would still be ok as you can guarantee the stock).

Been there. I changed to strictly gc after that (although in store purchases would still be ok as you can guarantee the stock).
Yeah.... that would have been the smarter move. Obviously I can always use more GC... just annoying!

Thankfully I have a few more days!

You want to calculate the discount first and put that amount on the cash app card (or an amount more than that but less than the total without the discount) because that way if for whatever reason the discount doesn't apply to the order, it will just decline the charge and the order won't go through.

Anyone know what GCs Kohls should carry? Went in to use my offer and only found Amazon. I know they used to have Apple, Best Buy and I think Home Depot. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just that location that isn’t stocking them. I would drive out to another if they might have a better selection.

Anyone know what GCs Kohls should carry? Went in to use my offer and only found Amazon. I know they used to have Apple, Best Buy and I think Home Depot. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just that location that isn’t stocking them. I would drive out to another if they might have a better selection.

Yes, I posted a link under Kohl's in Discount District.

*sigh*

Chat with them. I had something similar happen (we did a grocery pickup and milk was spoiled and they just refunded which took me under) and they gave me the bonus anyway.

Jealous! I really want to go to Aulani. But it's not happening until 2025 at the earliest
Yea I purchased a contract last December and had points to burn and we were in hawaii anyway....so... I jumped in for a night and let me tell you...not enough. Advice however is to make sure to get on the app I think 30 days out to reserve activities. Then, a week out once the activity schedule is released.

I will say however, I was even sticker shocked at the cafes and gift shops as they were high even for Disney! Even so, I want to go again....for a week lol.

Yea I purchased a contract last December and had points to burn and we were in hawaii anyway....so... I jumped in for a night and let me tell you...not enough. Advice however is to make sure to get on the app I think 30 days out to reserve activities. Then, a week out once the activity schedule is released.

I will say however, I was even sticker shocked at the cafes and gift shops as they were high even for Disney! Even so, I want to go again....for a week lol.

We went there in 2016 with my sister and her two girls, my mom and my family of 5. We stayed in a 2 BR unit and it was perfect. My mom, sister and 2 girls slept in one bedroom (with 2 queen beds) DH, me and one of our kids were in the other BR (with a king bed) and our other two kids slept on sofa beds in the living room. We were there for 5 nights and could have stayed longer! We loved it! We wouldn't be able to do that arrangement now that my kids are all adults, but at the time, my kids were 18, 17 and 13 and my sister's kids were 10 and 6. I want to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter