use year

lionqueen

Mouseketeer
I am a new member and have a question about my use year. I think i know the answer but thought i'd confirm with you all. i have a december use year and have 89 points from 2000. A family member was looking to go down in december (2-7) and i was going to sell my points but then realized they may have expired. Do these points have to be used before december 1? Or if i reserve now that counts and they can be used? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Points have to be used by Nov 30. When you make a reservation for a future date, they will only use points valid in the applicable use year. You could rent out the 89 points before then and rent them points from your 2001 use year. You are also within your 50% banking window. If they are year 2000 points (not banked from 1999 nor borrowed from 2001) you can bank up to 50% of your total points by Aug 31st. Then they could use them in Dec.

As noted if they are 2000 points they must be used for a trip that ends by Nov 30, 2001 unless banked. The key is whether you can bank them. You have until Aug 31 to bank up to 50% of your total allotment of points. Thus, if your total annual allotment is 178 points or more, you can bank all 89 of the 200 points as long as you have not already banked others. Those points as banked could be used for a Dec 2001 trip.

I would see if you can bank them. then they will ba available for your Dec trip.

thanks for the info. I bought a resale that had 106 banked points from 1999 and 230 points from 2000. I've booked a trip for myself and i've banked 150 points from 2000 and i still have 89 left over! I guess i will try to rent them out! thanks again.

all these #'s are hurting my brain............;)

sorry for what i'm sure is a repeated queation, but if i have an aug use year, when must i bank all my 2001 points by?
thanks!
laurie s

The banking deadlines for an August Use Year are:

end of January 100%

end of April 50%

end of May 25%

You are past all the banking deadlines for year 2000 points. (LSChrow, I just reread your question...to bank all of your August 2001 points you must do it by 1/31/02.)

In Lion Queen's example, she has already banked more than 50% of her points so she can't bank any additional amount. She does have to use the 89 points by the end of November. December Use Year deadlines are May/Aug/Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter