Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Shannone!! What a beauty!

Disney4Dan, Your Dad's a tough one.

Ami, how did you get yours to bed so early?

Dan...your dads a MANIAC!!!!! And I mean that in a good way...what a die hard!!!! Its great that he's finally doing HIS thing for HIM!!!!! And how lucky is he that he's got a great family whos willing to help out....sounds like such a great family project!!!

3gr8kids.....who the hell cares what people think of you having a kid at a concert!!!!If that kid loves him some Jack Johnson, the he should get him a Jack Johnson fix!!!! J Johnson is about as innocent and tame and mellow as todays music can get without being "ol'fogey" music.

Carol...porching it next to a babbling brook.....checkin in with the DIS....man, thats the life, eh?? Lucky Lady, you!!!!

Love log homes too. Have been helping my parents work on their project this past year, and will be out there again this weekend. Here's hoping these photos come through...

What a gorgeous location. I think it's awesome they are living out their dream.

Dont know...genetic, I guess...my mom lost her sense of smell too. Just realized about a year ago....cant smell a damn thing any more!!! I notice as I was spraying on cologne, I thought someone replaced the cologne with water!!!

I've never heard of something like that Rog. Are you upset about it ?? Have you been to the doctor's ?? Smell is such a big part of your life, I can't imagine not being able to anymore :confused3
[

Morning all!! Haven't been by lately. I'm sitting here on the "porch" of my camper in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina with a beautiful stream singing songs next to me. Thought I'd say hi!! No TV, no Cell phone, but at least the WiFi works :cool1: Thinking about going to Biltmore house today.

Your location sounds beautiful. I've always wanted to check out the Biltmore, have fun :)

Those are some SWEET pics! Man, you guys are klling me. Those pics are making my itch scratch bad now.:scared1: We purchased some property in Ky. a little over 2 years ago and have been holding off on building our Log Cabin so ya'all are gonna have to quit postin' pics!

Disney4dan...are you available when you are done with your current project?

View from front of property looking back...SWEET!

83927619_jnLd5-L.jpg

This is view from another piece of property looking at the back of our property. They say there is a cave under that rock cliff. One of these days when gravity treats me better I will take the hike.

83927634_QaK8s-L.jpg

I've never heard of something like that Rog. Are you upset about it ?? Have you been to the doctor's ?? Smell is such a big part of your life, I can't imagine not being able to anymore :confused3
[

Well......Yeah, Im a little upset about it!!! I mean.....it really sucks not being able to smell ANYTHING!!!!! I used to "lay one out" and and enjoy the manly aroma before it hit the kids' nose and know how bad the reaction was going to be...now, I just have to wing it and hope for the worst!!!! On the positive side...I NEVER have B.O. now though...well...at least not to ME!!!!;) People with bad breath dont really piss me off anymore.

Seriously though....no, I havent seen a doctor specificly about it, though Ive mentioned it to him on a couple of occasions, but he didnt seem very interested in it. If I HAVE to lose one of my five senses....I guess Id rather it be smell over sight or sound. I can still taste fairly well, but my taste has indeed changed since this happened. Whats scary is not knowing if somethings burning or not. And just incase anyone has ever wondered...YEP, your eyes STILL burn even when ya cant smell an onion being sliced!!! AND....smelling salts and amonia still burn the inside of your nose when inhaled........aint that weird?!?!

Do you guys find it interesting that we all seem to have so much in common? Camping, love of the outdoors, log cabins, etc. It just seems like more than a coincidence to me?!?!?

Maybe it is just me... just ignore me, it seems to work for my wife.

Wives are funny like that, aint they!! I think camping and cabins and outdoors are all so closely related that they just kinda go hand in hand, along with beer and fishing....I dont really know how golf carts fit into this scenario, though!!!

Wives are funny like that, aint they!! I think camping and cabins and outdoors are all so closely related that they just kinda go hand in hand, along with beer and fishing....I dont really know how golf carts fit into this scenario, though!!!

We want to sell our 4 seater club car and buy a 6 seater. I've seen them around campgrounds, but I can't seem to find anyplace here in MI that sells them. If we are able to buy a new one....I want to do a nice paint job with maybe some graphics of some kind.

Those are some SWEET pics! Man, you guys are klling me. Those pics are making my itch scratch bad now.:scared1: We purchased some property in Ky. a little over 2 years ago and have been holding off on building our Log Cabin so ya'all are gonna have to quit postin' pics!

That's a heck of a view Steve. What is the approach like ?? Is it RV friendly ?? LOL :rotfl:

How much you want? We have a dealer near here that sells 6 seaters. New and used.

Hi all ~

This is nothing camping related, but because we're such a large and diverse group, I just wanted to throw it out there to see what people's opinions are.

Here's the thing. How do you feel about kids at concerts? Specifically, young kids. Is there an age that's too young? The reason I'm asking is because Jack Johnson is coming to a venue near us, and my 3 (almost 4) year old son absolutely LOVES him. I guess he would be classified as "adult contemporary"? but he also did the soundtrack to one of DS's favorite movies ~ Curious George. DS knows just about every word of every song on the soundtrack, and we only listen to it and Jack's other cd's perhaps 15 times a day. The concert is in an open air venue, with a large grassy area where you can take blankets and lay out under the stars and listen. I'm thinking it would be a nice family night out, but I would hate to be the mother that everyone is looking at wondering why I would bring such a young child to a night time concert. I guess it shouldn't bother me, because I know how much my son would enjoy it, but still...................
So, what do you all think? :confused3

I'd say go for it! Especially with it being outside! Sounds like a blast!

How much you want? We have a dealer near here that sells 6 seaters. New and used.

Really ?? Used would probably be best from a financial point of view. Can you send me a link to the dealer ?? I've done an online search for Mi dealers and haven't come up with any that have pictures or any in stock. Depending on the location and price, might be worth a bit of driving.

Do you guys find it interesting that we all seem to have so much in common? Camping, love of the outdoors, log cabins, etc. It just seems like more than a coincidence to me?!?!?

Maybe it is just me... just ignore me, it seems to work for my wife.

It think it is definitely more than a co-inki-dink! We are all from different parts of the country, different professions, etc, etc. The love of the outdoors is so much more deeply rooted! All that other stuff is surface and can easily be wiped away! What we all share kinda gets to the heart of it all!

Hey! Wives are funny about what exactly????:laughing:

Anyone else miss a certain poster and their snarky comments ?? :rolleyes1 When did he say he'd be back ??

Well i had to go back and make sure too! thats why i posted! I had to know cause ours will hit while we're in WDW next week! yay! more disney spending money, lol.

I'm jealous...be sure and post back and tell us all about it. Some of us:rolleyes1 live through the experiences of others at FW!:laughing:

Ami, how did you get yours to bed so early?

I'm really not sure! They all piled in the closet in our den....yeah! Don't call child protection...I didn't lock em in :laughing: It is a large closet and they decided that that was where they wanted to sleep :confused3 They got cozy and slept like babies. I, on the otherhand, slept on the chair....not so well I might add!:laughing:

Really ?? Used would probably be best from a financial point of view. Can you send me a link to the dealer ?? I've done an online search for Mi dealers and haven't come up with any that have pictures or any in stock. Depending on the location and price, might be worth a bit of driving.

here it is

link

How much you want for your 4 seater? LOL, I want one, there is only 3 of us.

here it is

link

How much you want for your 4 seater? LOL, I want one, there is only 3 of us.

Probably more than you are willing to drive all the way here for, lol. I think we are going to list it at $3000 and see if we get any nibbles ;) It's a green club car with the back bench and folds down.

I looked at the site you sent, but the link for the inventory list is messed up. I'll check back later with it.

Yeah, it sent me to email when I tried. Call them on monday. LOL thanks for the reply on the cart, your right, a little too much for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter