Using Appitizers for DD age two meals or....?

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
Has anyone done this? Our DD dosent eat much so between an app. such as soup plus a little off our plates will be plenty for her but I have another question. Would they by chance let us order a childs meal such as mac n' cheese or chicken nuggets in place of an app.? From the menus I have looked at most of the kids meals are cheeper than the apps anyway so it would work in Disney's favor, just like I know they will let you use TS credits for CS (why in Walt's name you would want to do that I don't know!)

I don't believe that they will allow you to order a child's meal on the DDP in place of an adult appetizer. Obviously, they will allow you to order a child's meal and pay OOP for it. What you can order on the DDP is not determined by price, but by the section of the menu in which it falls.

There will be no problem in feeding your 2 year old off your plate IF she likes the food. Bring along her favorite juice, and you won't even have to order a beverage for her.

We always just ordered an appy or spilt some off my plate for our then 2 year at TS places. They never charged us for her drink and she usually got chocolate milk. There was always more then enough food this way.
HTH

We took our DD who turned 2 on the trip last June and rarely paid out of pocket for her at all. We were on dining plan. She ate for free at buffets plus they gave her a drink for free. Counter service we had plenty to share with three entree combos, three desserts, and three drinks. She actually slept through our Ohana meal in her stroller. It was after a long day in the park with no nap so by dinner she was out. We got her a mac n cheese at Pop when we got back. And I think one other time we paid OOP for her.

Actually she hardly ate at all the whole week. First 2-3 days she was way to excite to eat. I had taken snacks for the kids to eat for breakfast etc. I took cheerios, fruit snacks, and rice crispie treats. She really did just pick most of the week. By the way sometimes we think we know our kids but sometimes they surprise us. The meal she loved the most all week and ate the most of was at the Biergarten in Germany. She loved the Chicken Spaetzle soup and pretzel bread. :teeth:

I have shared many a meal with my DD6 and she has gotten plenty to eat. :sunny: In fact, on our trip last Sept. we started out going to the beaches (Anna Marie and Sanibel Islands) first before heading to WDW. I noticed that even those times when I ordered a kid's meal for her, she mostly ended up eating off my plate (She absolutely LOVES the chicken dumplings at the Cracker Barrel :lovestruc ) I decided then and there not to order her her own meal unless she said she was really hungry. Most of the time her meal goes uneaten-she is a small eater and is small for her age. She fills up quickly-about 5 minutes and she's done! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter