Using dining plan and DDE

Lesley

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if its possible to use the DDE card discount for items you are paying cash for while on the dining plan....like drinks and/or kids' meals? If my 11yo DDP "adult" wants a kids' meal I'll probably pay cash for it and save the credits to use elsewhere, and I'm likely to want a glass of wine or specialty drink at a meal or two.

Thanks!

Absolutely. You use the DDP for items on the plan and use the DDE for anything you choose to pay for OOP. You only need to tell the server what you are doing. You will get 2 receipts--one for DDP, one for DDE items.

keep in mind the limits on the DDE card. Beverages where not included on the card when I was there last.. at least not at POP or CS. It was not accepted at a lot of places.

When we were there in Sept for the free dining we were able to use the DDE card for anything not covered under the dining plan (including drinks). The one exception was at San Angel Inn where we were not allowed to use it at all. The waiter (and later manager) insisted that only one discount was allowed/table and the dining plan was considered a discount. I didn't want to waste a TS credit there, so was going to just order the fundido (while my son and D-I-L ordered a regular meal), but was not allowed to do so.

Be aware that the list of restaurants participating in the DDE is different than the DDP, although most TS restaurants are on both lists. Only a few CS places are on the DDE.

We never encountered the "two discount" issue....they just did it on 2 receipts.

We were at Sci Fi and used four credits for the meal and paid cash with my DDE card. The waiter wasn't thrilled, sometimes you need to insist. Overall everyone was helpful with our options.

DDE does include drinks, but not usually on the refillable mugs at the respirt where you can use it at counter services as there is no table service (ie values and POFQ).

We just got back and didn't have any problems using both. Since we shared meals at our TS that weren't buffets we would tell the waiter when we were seated that we planned on sharing / using only __ TS credits and the rest would go on the DDE. One thing I did notice was that all but one restaurant included an 18% tip on the DDE bill. I guess some people will tip on the discounted amount instead of the original amount so they just automatically add the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter