UV umbrellas are a game changer

Various types of umbrellas will make it a bit cooler by creating shade but it will still be HOT in the summer @ Disney. The problem is their size and how to manage them in crowded places like Disney. Some people are too self-absorbed to notice those around them and thinking by having an umbrella the waters will magically part to keep others away from you seems a bit unrealistic. For the majority of people, they aren't going to make that much of a difference and would be annoying to have it open when it isn't raining.

Various types of umbrellas will make it a bit cooler by creating shade but it will still be HOT in the summer @ Disney. The problem is their size and how to manage them in crowded places like Disney. Some people are too self-absorbed to notice those around them and thinking by having an umbrella the waters will magically part to keep others away from you seems a bit unrealistic. For the majority of people, they aren't going to make that much of a difference and would be annoying to have it open when it isn't raining.

Have you ever used a UV blocking umbrella at WDW?

No, but they are also popular for use on golf courses in summer weather where I have used them. Still doesn't change the fact it is HOT and you need to plan accordingly.

Just returned from a quick weekend trip, and it was BEYOND hot (way worse than in years past this same weekend.) I cannot emphasize enough how much of a difference a UV umbrella makes when walking through the parks or standing in outdoor lines and am shocked more people aren't using them as I only saw a handful of people with them. I wouldn't have made it without mine, even for an hour as the sun was that brutal and just wipes you out.

Sharing a link to the one I bought after I'd seen it recommended here a few years ago and highly, highly recommend you stuff one in your backpack.

https://a.co/d/8rMKB61

I have that same umbrella in white. I totally agree on how much cooler it is under the umbrella. We are going to Summerfest in Milwaukee on Friday and I think I'll bring mine with me.

Umbrellas are great for sun and I always have one when going to the parks! They were also great for keeping social distance in lines (during Covid). For rain, I always have ponchos which I use with umbrella. :)

Our UV umbrellas were invaluable last week at WDW. Used for both sun and rain. Unfortunately, mine broke on day 3. I hastily ordered a replacement on Amazon that I had delivered to the Beach Club and had in hand less than 24 hours later. Love Prime!

On another related note, my Disney cooling towel worked SO well that my kids (who had Mission brand towels) were jealous and asked for some Disney ones too. We threw away their old towels and I grabbed them 2 of the Disney ones (which again, at $17 are a STEAL). These babies feel COLD against your neck after you wet them and wave around in the air for a few seconds. Works especially well when you enter an air conditioned building. I don't know what magic is weaved into these towels, but they are the BEST cooling fabric I've ever used.

I was at WDW a couple of weeks ago and the UV umbrella was a lifesaver. I used it in both sun and rain. Great for both.

I think because I believed Disney didn't allow umbrellas at all. I think I have that confused with something else, possibly our local stadiums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter