Vacation Magic: Summer on the Savanna

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
We received the newest edition of Vacation Magic in the mail this evening.

DVC announced their Summer member gathering event called "Summer on the Savanna". It sounds like a great idea coinciding with the construction of AKV. The only aspect that confused me was the weekly event is going to be held just outside of EPCOT and not AK or AKV.

This is a great DVC perk! Just another reason to love your DVC membership! :love:

Could you give me the days when the member gathering will be held? We are going in August and so far I have reserved the pirates and princess party. Hopefully we can make it to this one.

Thanks!!

Here is the information for the gatherings!

Dates are July 12th - Aug 23rd.
Takes place every Thursday Afternoon from 3 - 5
EPCOT at the courtyard just outside of the International gateway

It also says "Attending members and their guests will mingle with their Disney neighbors while enjoying a sensory journey through the African plains, complete with music, interactive entertainment and light refreshments.

We will be attending on July 26th. Hope to see you there neighbors.

From the Vaction Magic:
The Member event will take place on Thursday afternoons in the courtyard just outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot July 12-Aug.23 from 3-5pm. Attending members and their guests can mingle with their Disney neighbors while enjoying a sensory journey through the African plains,complete with music,interactive entertainment and light refreshments.

This is a great DVC perk! Just another reason to love your DVC membership! :love:

Except for the facts that:

1. Our dues pay for them (see "Member Activities" in the budget")

2. Since they started these regular events about 3 years ago, they have been limiting the time frames to 4-6 weeks in the summer and winter. If DVC resorts are designed to be at 100% occupancy year-round, why the tunnel vision? Let people who vacation other times of the year enjoy them, too.

3. DVC tries to throw a little too much sales into the event, IMO.

We're not going to be able to attend one this year, but I have enjoyed the Members Meetings that I have been to in the past. I've met some very nice Dis'ers and DVC members who don't Dis at them.

I did enjoy reading this edition of VM, and it's made me even more excited about our AKV stay in September, and I didn't think that was possible!!!!

Bobbi:banana:

:sad2: I'm a little bummed. This sounds much more like a sales presentation than the block party. We really enjoyed the party - especially the free PI admission and carnival games last year. The kids rated it as one of their favorite things about the vacation. I can't see them getting as excited about a preview of AKV outside of EPCOT. :confused3

1. Our dues pay for them (see "Member Activities" in the budget")

2. Since they started these regular events about 3 years ago, they have been limiting the time frames to 4-6 weeks in the summer and winter. If DVC resorts are designed to be at 100% occupancy year-round, why the tunnel vision? Let people who vacation other times of the year enjoy them, too.

3. DVC tries to throw a little too much sales into the event, IMO.

Let's face it. If DVC didn't have these events we would never notice it and Disney would just pocket the money and report it as net revenue towards their quarterly earnings.

I'll be going on 8/23. This is the first event that has been scheduled for a time we will actually be there (with the exception of Welcome Home Wednesday's -- and I hope Summer on the Savanna is much better!).

Whew! We'll just make it. We'll be there on the 12th for the first one! :thumbsup2 We've always missed the summer events in the past because apparently the beginning of July isn't summer in Florida. :confused3

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been to the Welcome Home Wednesdays? I will be there in a couple of weeks and kind of curious if it is worth taking the time to go to? :confused3

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been to the Welcome Home Wednesdays? I will be there in a couple of weeks and kind of curious if it is worth taking the time to go to? :confused3

Only if you are willing to waste two hours of your life for a DVC ballcap. ;)

Here is the information for the gatherings!

Dates are July 12th - Aug 23rd.
Takes place every Thursday Afternoon from 3 - 5
EPCOT at the courtyard just outside of the International gateway

It also says "Attending members and their guests will mingle with their Disney neighbors while enjoying a sensory journey through the African plains, complete with music, interactive entertainment and light refreshments.

We will be attending on July 26th. Hope to see you there neighbors.
We will be there on July 26th too.. we are the family in the DVC hats..

What about the member thing in may a few years ago or the DVC member cruise in September.. I always felt that those were for the members that didn't have school age children , these are for those stuck to a school schedule.

They had one when they started to sell SSR at the Broadwalk a few years back. Existing members are good candidates for add-ons.. so it pays DVC to hold these events.

:sad2: I'm a little bummed. This sounds much more like a sales presentation than the block party. We really enjoyed the party - especially the free PI admission and carnival games last year. The kids rated it as one of their favorite things about the vacation. I can't see them getting as excited about a preview of AKV outside of EPCOT. :confused3
The block party last year was very special. We had a great time and I even won the trasure chest.:thumbsup2

We will be there on July 26th too.. we are the family in the DVC hats..

Geffric

See you there! Check out DD7s and my picture in my public profile and look for us. EPCOT has EMH that night! :thumbsup2 We will probably head over to the International Gateway courtyard from BCV where we will be staying, attend the gathering, and then head into EPCOT for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter