vaction home rental

jie

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone, i posted a message yesterday about finding a place to stay for a group of 16 people, and thank you for your help.
now i just found out that there are vacation houses for rent too. it looks good for us, is there anyone of you have any expericence about renting a house there , i just heard about the one called Elite florida homes.
any suggestion will be appreciated!!! thank you.

We stayed at a home May 19-26. It was with Alexander Holiday Homes. We really enjoyed it. You can visit their website at http://www.floridasunshine.com for a tour of their homes, etc. They were good to work with. We enjoyed having our own pool, full kitchen, separate bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas. It also had full-size washer and dryer. Just let me know if you have any other questions.

vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner) and floridacontact.com both are nice. You can choose exactly which home you want to stay in with floridacontact.com and they have lock boxes on the houses, so you don't need keys or that extra stop at an office.

I've rented twice from elite homes. No problems, nice houses, one very close to disney. I would rent from them again.

We have a quite large family too (7 of us going) and I found that renting a home is much cheaper than renting a hotel room (which several thousand people have stayed in over the years!).

I found a 4 bedroom, 2 bath with it's own pool in Davenport (10 min to WDW) for $99 per night. The house was just finished in April, so very few people have stayed there.

They have anywhere from 2, 3, 4 and 5 bedrooms for rent. Check out:

www.fvhr.net
www.vrbo.com

:rolleyes:

We will be renting a 5 bedroom/4 bathroom home with private pool located 4.5 miles from DisneyWorld in October. This is a family trip with 7 adults and 2 young children and we think this is the best option for us. We are renting from a private home owner that we located thru vrbo.com. The owners have been very helpful and professional. We are paying $224 per night for 7 nights. This price includes pool heat and taxes.

We chose this option for the extra space, our own kitchen, a private pool and a private garage. We have stayed in condos on family trips before and enjoyed it much more than hotel rooms.

I also enquired about a 3 bedroom 2 bath house through vrbo for august which was $550 a week. The owner was very nice and said tht one was already taken our week, but he has a 4 bedroom also on his site which ususlly goes for $650. He is giving it to us for the $550 price which includes all taxes and a pool in the back. I cant wait. Seems like a great way to go with teenagers.

We also rented a home through vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). It was a great experience. We were in a developement called Rolling Hills. It was about 3 miles west of the WDW main gate, about 10 min in the early am.

We are renting a 4 bedroom home in September for $80.00 a night. It has its own private pool, jacuzzi for 6, two master b/r suites with king size bed, each with private bath, two other bedrooms, full kitchen, 55 inch screen t.v., etc. It is in a new upscale community that has its own movie theater, game room with pool tables, fitness room, jogging trails, tennis courts, volleyball courts, etc. Soo much better than a little hotel room. Haven't been there yet but will post after our trip. Can't wait. Hope you have a great time!

strong vote for VRBO.com (by owners).....don't be afraid to ask for the low season price no matter when you go, as there are many many homes for rent and tourism is down a bit....good luck..............Ted

we rented in april from elite and the house was beautiful!
the pool was great!
no problems at all!
in fact we already have reserved again for next april.

We rented from www.orlandopoolhomes.com this year in March and have found a private home in Davenport for next by surfing the net for $650 and it is fo 7 nights I believe it is 3 bedrooms

We have never stayed onsite but with there being 10 of us going renting a house was the most economical choice. Good luck and if you have any ?'s email me.

We are looking to rent a house for 21 people, we would like to rent one house. The only place I have found so far if vrbo, does anyone know of any other places that can accomodate that large of a group in one home. The one house that vrbo has says up to 20 people but we have several small children and are hoping that one may work. Has anyone rented with vrbo and are they legitimate? Please help.

Thanks

We were a group of 20 and were able to rent two 4br homes side by side and it was great. Both had pools so the teenagers had their own pool and the small children had their own pool. We were there in Sept so negioations to get the two homes was a lot eaiser than if we had been there during high season. It worked well for us with 2 kitchens and washers & dryers and 8 bathrooms. Good luck on whatever you decide the main thing is to have fun.

Has anyone ever had a problem renting from vrbo.com? The house I want to rent is listed one that site and also on blueribbonvillas.com. I have never rented from either place and would some information from anyone ever renting a house. Please help!!!

We rented from vrbo for August. I will post when i get back about the house. I can tell you that the owner, who lives in England, was very prompt and helpful in answering my questions. He gave me the name of the management company that upkeeps his properties and i called them on the phone. They were very nice and it made me feel much better about renting the house.

pats,

The owner of the house we plan to rent from is also from England, did you go directly thru him? Or did you go thru a company? I actually received an email direct from the owner but also had emailed the company that I saw it listed with. I am just a little nervous because they are in England. What are your thoughts on it? Did you feel comfortable with that? Was it easy to do? Please give me some information on it. I would really appreciate it.

thanks

The owner i am renting from didnt have a company listed..instead he had his own website you went to and i dealt directly with him through emails, though he did give his phone number. I was a little leary of renting this way..that is why i asked him about who maintained his properties. He gave me the peoples names and the name of the managment compny whose phone no. i got through information. I called them and at least i know they are a real company. They were very nice. This owner made it real easy to pay him. I just had to send him a check which he forwarded to his bank. Another owner i had inquired of said i would have to get a bank draft and deposit it to his bank myself..that sounded a little more complicated. The pics of the house look real nice..so i hope it is ok. I will post when i get in the beginning of sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter