Valerie and Jeff - 5/7/11 *WP/GF/Italy* TR - WEDDING DAY: DESSERT PARTY!!

ValerieDFTWBride

Mouseketeer
OK so here it goes....I have decided to start my own planning journal! I should have started this months ago, so we have a lot of catch up to do!

Let me start with a little bit of background information.
Jeff and I met in high school in the 10th grade and have been together ever since. We live in Northern Virginia, I graduated from college last spring and he is still working on his degree. Last December on our 7th anniverssary he proposed! Jeff knew that I always wanted to have a DFTW, so in February I scheduled an appointment to have a site visit with Joe.

THE DETAILS:
Date - May 7, 2011 (Eek, that is coming up faster than I thought..I have sooo much to do!)
Ceremony - Wedding Pavilion
Cocktail Hour - Whitehall Patio
Reception - Grand Floridian
Dessert Party - Italy Isola

Here are a few pics from our engagment:
070.jpg

071.jpg

068.jpg

This is where he proposed!
073.jpg

Welcome and congratulations!!!
Your wedding is 2 days after my VR and we will still be in WDW so I may just have to stalk!!!
Happy planning

Thank You!

We had our engagement party in May..so here is a few pictures.

These are the invitations that I made. These are going to be the wedding colors also.

001.jpg

And the cake (also made by me, I am addicted to all of the cake shows on tv...cake boss, ace of cakes..etc).

EngagementParty002.jpg

Me and my flower girl (Jeff's cousin).

EngagementParty008.jpg

Your engagement cake is AMAZING!! You did a beautiful job on it ... I'm very impressed! :goodvibes

The toasting flutes just came in and I absolutely LOVE them! My future mother in law bought them as a gift along with the server set that matches (I didnt get a picture of them).

003.jpg

Up next....dress shopping.... :)

THE DRESS!!!

A few years ago I saw a dress on "Whose Wedding is it Anyways," that I absolutely fell in love with and knew that it would be my wedding dress (without even trying it on or seeing it in person)...but just to be sure I had to try on a couple hundred dresses (ok not really hundreds but probably 50).

And here are a few good ones along the way....

099.jpg

Weird face that I am making....

100.jpg

108.jpg

103.jpg

THE ONE! Unfortunately, I wasnt "allowed" to take pictures in this store...but I snuck one in the dressing room (that is why it is not that great of a picture :sad1:)

THEdress.jpg

Congrats on getting your dress! I think that they all really looked great on you but the one you bought is beautiful. It is a really unique dress, so pretty! :goodvibes

Congrats!! Everything looks great so far! Can't wait to read more of your plans

Love the dress:cutie:

Thank you everyone for your comments!

MORE EXCITING NEWS! We just received our save the dates in the mail!! I was actually very impressed with the save the dates that Disney provided. I had originally thought that it was going to be in the form of an email....so pleasantly surprised!

Tell me which is your favorite!!

Ok, so I found these amazing invitations and I ordered two samples. One is a boxed style (more expensive to mail) and the other is a pocket style invitation. Both of them have swarovski crystals on them and the paper is shimmery. I like both a lot, but I am leaning toward the pocket style since it is going to be less expensive. Let me know what you think. princess:

**Boxed Invitation**
005.jpg

**Pocket Style**

002.jpg

My vote is for the pocket style. Save a little on the invitations and spend the extra money on something else. Invitations are wonderful and they can set the mood for your wedding, but in the end...most invitations end up in the trash. A beautiful simple invitation is a great place to save a little on money.

Now if you have an endless budget...then send the box invitation.

Tell me which is your favorite!!

Ok, so I found these amazing invitations and I ordered two samples. One is a boxed style (more expensive to mail) and the other is a pocket style invitation. Both of them have swarovski crystals on them and the paper is shimmery. I like both a lot, but I am leaning toward the pocket style since it is going to be less expensive. Let me know what you think. princess:

**Boxed Invitation**
005.jpg

**Pocket Style**

002.jpg

Where are these from?? I love swarvoski crystals and love these designs!!

I like the pocket fold invite as well, I'm doing the pocket fold and getting them from cardsandpoackets.com

There is a site that does pocket invites for about $6 per invite and you can get the boxes for $2 a piece (if that helps!) Anyway....THE CAKE IS GREAT! I am so jealous, I wish I could put together a cake like that. I can bake it but decorating is not my thing. I love the dress too! I'm so excited for you!

Where are these from?? I love swarvoski crystals and love these designs!!

I like the pocket fold invite as well, I'm doing the pocket fold and getting them from cardsandpoackets.com

I ordered these from flamboyantdesignscouture.com, all of their invitations are sooo beautiful! I love anything that sparkles!!

I looked into cardsandpockets.com and I actually think that I am going to attempt making my own invitations now. They make it look so easy! And I can always add my own swarovski crystals.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I think I am going to do the pocket invitations...whether I decide to order them or make them.

There is a site that does pocket invites for about $6 per invite and you can get the boxes for $2 a piece (if that helps!) Anyway....THE CAKE IS GREAT! I am so jealous, I wish I could put together a cake like that. I can bake it but decorating is not my thing. I love the dress too! I'm so excited for you!

My mom taught me the basics of cake decorating and I took a class at Michael's once. But I really learn a lot from watching the cake shows on TV. You should try it sometime, it's not that hard but it does take me several hours.

Just my 2 cents, we got an invite to a wedding on Aug 21st and they used a pocket invitation. I love the fact that we can keep all the info in one place, especially since we have to drive several hours to get to the ceremony. Although you already decided, I vote for the pocket invitation! :goodvibes

I ordered these from flamboyantdesignscouture.com, all of their invitations are sooo beautiful! I love anything that sparkles!!

I looked into cardsandpockets.com and I actually think that I am going to attempt making my own invitations now. They make it look so easy! And I can always add my own swarovski crystals.

Yes this is what I plan on doing is adding my own crystals, as I have the heat gun tool for the HOTFIX crystals and it will be a lot cheaper!! I ordered samples of a few invites with the metallic paper and I LOVE THEM!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter