Vancouver help

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
I posted this on the community board, but someone suggested that I come over to the Canadian board as there are many BCer's over here. So I hope someone can help this Canucks fan stuck in Boston.

I'm thinking about going to Vancouver for a few nights this October or November. The main purpose of this trip will be to catch a couple of Vancouver Canucks hockey games so I can see my beloved Trevor Linden (my namesake) play hockey. I hear that Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and I'm sure there is a lot more to see than my beloved Canucks and Trevor Linden. Any recommendations of what I shouldn't miss?

Also, does any one know if there are any bad areas of town that I should avoid staying in? I'm thinking about staying at the Hampton Inn on Robson St. because it's close to the GM Place.

How difficult is it to get around Vancouver? Can I get away without a car?

Has anyone ever taken a train to Whistler for a day trip? I was reading about it in a tour guide, and it sounds pretty cool. I thought it would be fun to go there and do some snowshoeing if the weather is right.

Thanks for your help.

Karen

ohmigosh i LOVE trevor linden!!! have you ever been to... medicine hat? i spent 12 months there (but not to hang out with linden...haha) and yay! another canucks fan! you should definitely buy a ticket as soon as they go on sale, we had like 41 sellouts this year (including playoffs)

anyway vancouver is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in the world. you will definitely love it. october can be excellent, but it may also be the start of our... rainy season. be prepared :) our transit system is quite good, so you will be fine without a car, especially if you are staying downtown. you should check out www.biddingfortravel.com with respect to some priceline bids for Vancouver, i have seen some nice hotels come up for a fairly low price.

generally i would avoid staying in the downtown eastside or chinatown. most other areas of downtown are perfectly fine. Robson would be great! it's super easy to get to GM place from most parts of downtown.

i haven't ever taken a train to whistler, but i do know that BC rail isn't running many passenger trains these days, i'm not sure if that one still runs. however you could always take a bus up there and try out some winter sports.

for more information, check out www.tourismvancouver.com - there is a lot of good information on all of our various attractions, etc. PM me for more if you want!

Thanks for the info, lilsonicfan. It's super helpful, and I do appreciate it!

Rather than bore everyone on the boards with a ramble about Trevor Linden and Vancouver, I'm going to send you a PM.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter