vee & jay's pj *~*i'm baaack*~*

oooh yes the dress is lovely - will you have that colour blue sash? the neckline is nice and it looks very elegant - whilst at the same time- the dress is princessy, and love the lacy detail underneath! we all know what dresses we want from when we was little - and its a great feeling when you try it on and you know its the dress- its a feeling of happiness and just pure joy!

Do you have an idea when you will try it on?! when you try a dress on, you know when its he dress because you just feel amazing in it, and you dont want to take it off! (i couldnt stop smiling and i couldnt stop looking at myself in the morror - i kept the dress on for like half an hour and the dress lady didnt seem that happy about it!!! haha)

The colour scheme is great - unique, i bet it will look great! good thinking!

i will let ya know about the houses - i will post photos on my pj to ask ya all whatyou think!! woohoo i am off to the airport in like, 12 hours and soooooon ill be in Orlando!!!!

Thanks, Stacey! and, OMG ~ have a safe fun trip!!! and keep us posted!! takes lots of pics!! YAY!
I'm trying on dresses this weekend, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that "you just know feeling" hahaha hopefully it happens!

OK...so, colors are being revamped and reconsidered -- not entirely because that's my decision, but because of Jay's mom...

oh my goodness gracious -- now, jay's family is from Korea, and my family is from the Philippines (we're hoping to have some cute little munchkins of the Jon & Kate plus 8 kind, except for the fact that he and i are both missing an integral caucasian gene in out bodies hahahaha) And, i love his kind, sweet, little asian woman of a mama, but... why oh why do i have to follow Korean tradition and wear THIS, a Korean hanbok:
hanbok.jpg
(courtesy of DisneyMike's blog)
It's not figure flattering, and, heck, i can hide all of jon & kate's 8 babies underneath it!!
So, i'm in desperate need of some advice -- how do i decline the request (i'm not asking jay to wear any traditional filipino outfits -- tho they would basically consist of a see-through type of shirt or a g-string haha) without being disrespectful to my soon-to-be-in-laws, or how do i alter the dress to look better if anyone is familiar with the hanbok! HAAALP!!

I can't see your pictures...and now I am upset :(
I subbed to your pj and I HAVE BEEN WAITING for these pictres lolol

Welcome to our disney town...what shall we call it? Dorksney? lmao

OK...so, colors are being revamped and reconsidered -- not entirely because that's my decision, but because of Jay's mom...

oh my goodness gracious -- now, jay's family is from Korea, and my family is from the Philippines (we're hoping to have some cute little munchkins of the Jon & Kate plus 8 kind, except for the fact that he and i are both missing an integral caucasian gene in out bodies hahahaha) And, i love his kind, sweet, little asian woman of a mama, but... why oh why do i have to follow Korean tradition and wear THIS, a Korean hanbok:
hanbok.jpg
(courtesy of DisneyMike's blog)
It's not figure flattering, and, heck, i can hide all of jon & kate's 8 babies underneath it!!
So, i'm in desperate need of some advice -- how do i decline the request (i'm not asking jay to wear any traditional filipino outfits -- tho they would basically consist of a see-through type of shirt or a g-string haha) without being disrespectful to my soon-to-be-in-laws, or how do i alter the dress to look better if anyone is familiar with the hanbok! HAAALP!!

I think you should say that since your family is not traditional ,you decided on having a non-traditional wedding... and that you would be more than happy to wear that for engagement picures?

Wow that ring its amasing i looked at your pic for ages it really is WOW

Your dog too cute I love him I want a dog so much awww! Hes too cute!

I love the dress' you picked. soon to be in laws you gotta love them havent they I agree with mrsdisneyb2b i would say you arent planning on a traditional wedding

Yup, just be straight with them. It will be a little uncomfortable yes, but it's like ripping off a band-aid, just do it real fast then it's over! As far as the engagment pics, that would be a nice compromise for your future in laws, I am not sure if they would be ok with you wearing the traditional bridal gown if it is not your actual wedding though... I guess this is a good questioon for your DF. Maybe let FIL's know that you would love to incorporate some traditional elements of both your cultures, and see if they have any other ideas then a huge dress! What are your new colors BTW??

Now, about your dress is super cinderella-y! I love it, you should def try it on soon so we can see pics! I had ideas about my dress and then when I tried it on I realized it was very different then what I imagined, but I still loved it! You will know when you try on "the dress" :goodvibes

I can't see your pictures...and now I am upset :(
I subbed to your pj and I HAVE BEEN WAITING for these pictres lolol

Welcome to our disney town...what shall we call it? Dorksney? lmao

oh gosh, sorry, jenny -- i'll upload them on photobucket so there's more bandwidth!!

hehehehe Dorksney, awww -- i hope people will see it as a term of endearment! BUT, i did learn that a "DORK" is actually a whale's peepee-deepee...so my no know. hahaha

I think you should say that since your family is not traditional ,you decided on having a non-traditional wedding... and that you would be more than happy to wear that for engagement picures?

Engagement pictures? Not a bad idea -- i'll talk to Jay tonight and see what he says.

Wow that ring its amasing i looked at your pic for ages it really is WOW

Your dog too cute I love him I want a dog so much awww! Hes too cute!

I love the dress' you picked. soon to be in laws you gotta love them havent they I agree with mrsdisneyb2b i would say you arent planning on a traditional wedding

Thanks, i can't stop staring at the darned thing as i type on the keyboard hahahahh -- most of my emails look like this -- jcnvislvko e gpkwel jfovjpaojvuhk -- cuz i'm zoned out in a weird ring-trance ahhaha

I'm gonna post more pictures of the squishy monster tonight to get me outta this korean dress funk! haha

Yup, just be straight with them. It will be a little uncomfortable yes, but it's like ripping off a band-aid, just do it real fast then it's over! As far as the engagment pics, that would be a nice compromise for your future in laws, I am not sure if they would be ok with you wearing the traditional bridal gown if it is not your actual wedding though... I guess this is a good questioon for your DF. Maybe let FIL's know that you would love to incorporate some traditional elements of both your cultures, and see if they have any other ideas then a huge dress! What are your new colors BTW??

Now, about your dress is super cinderella-y! I love it, you should def try it on soon so we can see pics! I had ideas about my dress and then when I tried it on I realized it was very different then what I imagined, but I still loved it! You will know when you try on "the dress" :goodvibes

I hope jenny's engagement pictures idea works -- if not, i might end up having to wear it at the reception or something :scared1: it's so frakken big, i might be able to just crouch and hide in it the whole time ~ i'm melting, i'm melting..

but i was thinking that we would wanna incorporate our cultures into the ceremony -- perhaps the flower girls and ring bearer can wear the traditional outfits!! :idea: oooh, now i'm happier about it!! And his mom would be so happy to see her granddaughter in it!! hmmmm...

For colors, we're thinking of lighter blues, and silver -- nothing too overwhelming, so i'm gonna go look at swatches this weekend. and i've heard about that feeling you get when you find the ONE -- how many places on average did you guys visit till you found "The Dress"? I'm so excited, and can't wait to start trying them on!!

On one more note...today's my birthday!! i turned 30 today aaaaack!! hahahaha it's not as bad as i thought it was gonna be...nothing dried up or fell to the ground hahahaha so, it's all good.

I hope jenny's engagement pictures idea works -- if not, i might end up having to wear it at the reception or something :scared1: it's so frakken big, i might be able to just crouch and hide in it the whole time ~ i'm melting, i'm melting..

but i was thinking that we would wanna incorporate our cultures into the ceremony -- perhaps the flower girls and ring bearer can wear the traditional outfits!! :idea: oooh, now i'm happier about it!! And his mom would be so happy to see her granddaughter in it!! hmmmm...

For colors, we're thinking of lighter blues, and silver -- nothing too overwhelming, so i'm gonna go look at swatches this weekend. and i've heard about that feeling you get when you find the ONE -- how many places on average did you guys visit till you found "The Dress"? I'm so excited, and can't wait to start trying them on!!

On one more note...today's my birthday!! i turned 30 today aaaaack!! hahahaha it's not as bad as i thought it was gonna be...nothing dried up or fell to the ground hahahaha so, it's all good.

Happy Birthday Veronica!!! I hope you had a wonderful day! I am glad to hear that you are still in tact as 30 is creeping up on me in a few years (very few actually eek) as well! what did you do to celebrate?? did your squishy dress up for you again!
I went to 4 dress shops and tried on dresses... then I found 2 I loved at the 4th, and I did have that feeling twice lol! But then I realized one was twice the price so I passed on it lol! Are you goikng dress shopping soon?? That was the best part!
I bet his mom will be so happy that you are incorporating so mny cultural ideas into your wedding... maybe she will forget about the dress altogether:rolleyes1 ... the FG idea is great, I bet she woul look adorable!
and a RB would be too cute!

Thankyaa!!! aannd...i got 1 of my birthday wishes...everyone's advice totally worked!!! jay's parent's agreed to let only the FG and RB wear the traditional outfits for the ceremony *wooot wooot*

Sooo...his neice, Allison (pictured here kissing Nemo, cuz she loves Disney, too -- yes, i am teaching the little grasshopper the wonders of Disney magic :laughing: )
kissyfishcopy.jpg

nemocopy.jpg

and and aaaand -- i won't even have to wear it except for one studio family shot!! woot woooot!!

but, to be considerate, i'll at least take it to a seamstress to see if she can take in the waist, and make it look less balloon-y.

Oh, and, heck yes i dressed mOcHi up in a cute little Winnies the Pooh outfit -- those are the pics i wanted to post last night, but got a little too...ummmm....drunk to remember. they will be posted as soon as i get home.

and, finally, synchronize your watches cuz official wedding dress hunting begins in exactly 1 day, 22 hours, and 42 minutes :woohoo:

OK, so initially we were going with blues -- cuz i wanted a cinderella-ish feel

images-cinderella-g.jpg

-- but it looks like i'm revamping them completely and going with PINK, because, well, pink is just more princess-y! or perhaps yellow. Oh lordy, i have no idea.....:confused3

But i'll figure it out after all the Dress Tests this weekend. goodness gracious.

Well, anyway, as i promised earlier, here are birthday pics (of the pup dressed up as the Pooh) from Wednesday...
IMG_2936.jpg

And here's another question...i might need to get my ring resized (bigger) just a little, but i'm scared. has anyone had to go through that -- i heard they could damage it...and i dunno if i trust the jeweler. aaaaaack!!!
IMG_5263.jpg

I have not had my ring resized, but if you do, make sure you get it insured first... just in case...I only pay a few dollars a month on our homeowners insurance for it, and IMO it is better to be safe then sorry:upsidedow !
You need to take lots of pics for us of your dress day! That is so exciting that you got out of wearing the dress you were not too crazy about too!

Ok, your niece... she...is...too...flippin....cute! You are doing a great job with all the disney stuff btw! She will be adorable on your wedding day!

And of course, love your squishy in his pooh bear suit... will he be at the wedding as well??

You should get your ring insured, it is so beautiful and stunning
We are planning to do so soon... hopefully lol

Your puppy is the cutest thing in the world... .I may have to puppynap! lol

Happy Birthday!
Mine is Monday...so scary!

YAY just read your post about the fg and rb!! YAY!!

Thankyaa!!! aannd...i got 1 of my birthday wishes...everyone's advice totally worked!!! jay's parent's agreed to let only the FG and RB wear the traditional outfits for the ceremony *wooot wooot*

Sooo...his neice, Allison (pictured here kissing Nemo, cuz she loves Disney, too -- yes, i am teaching the little grasshopper the wonders of Disney magic :laughing: )
kissyfishcopy.jpg

nemocopy.jpg

and and aaaand -- i won't even have to wear it except for one studio family shot!! woot woooot!!

but, to be considerate, i'll at least take it to a seamstress to see if she can take in the waist, and make it look less balloon-y.

Oh, and, heck yes i dressed mOcHi up in a cute little Winnies the Pooh outfit -- those are the pics i wanted to post last night, but got a little too...ummmm....drunk to remember. they will be posted as soon as i get home.

and, finally, synchronize your watches cuz official wedding dress hunting begins in exactly 1 day, 22 hours, and 42 minutes :woohoo:

that's exactly how I looked when I got my Nemo stuffed animal :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: she's adorable though :goodvibes

OK, so initially we were going with blues -- cuz i wanted a cinderella-ish feel

images-cinderella-g.jpg

-- but it looks like i'm revamping them completely and going with PINK, because, well, pink is just more princess-y! or perhaps yellow. Oh lordy, i have no idea.....:confused3

But i'll figure it out after all the Dress Tests this weekend. goodness gracious.

Well, anyway, as i promised earlier, here are birthday pics (of the pup dressed up as the Pooh) from Wednesday...
IMG_2936.jpg

And here's another question...i might need to get my ring resized (bigger) just a little, but i'm scared. has anyone had to go through that -- i heard they could damage it...and i dunno if i trust the jeweler. aaaaaack!!!
IMG_5263.jpg

I got my ring resized and I was NERVOUS. DF and I were scared that they would switch out my diamond for a lower quality one. I went to a really high end jewery store where my family had purchased stuff in the past (which made me feel a little better). They photographed the ring and everything and I was really happy with the result.

that's exactly how I looked when I got my Nemo stuffed animal :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: she's adorable though :goodvibes

:rotfl: hahahahhaha hilarious!

I have not had my ring resized, but if you do, make sure you get it insured first... just in case...I only pay a few dollars a month on our homeowners insurance for it, and IMO it is better to be safe then sorry:upsidedow !

You should get your ring insured

I'll look into doing that before i get it resized....i'm sooo scared tho -- it's actually making my tummy hurt :confused:

Happy Birthday!
Mine is Monday...so scary!

HAPPY EARLY BDAY -- i'll repost that on your PJ :cutie: you're still a youngen, so no worries!!!

I got my ring resized and I was NERVOUS. DF and I were scared that they would switch out my diamond for a lower quality one. I went to a really high end jewery store where my family had purchased stuff in the past (which made me feel a little better). They photographed the ring and everything and I was really happy with the result.

THAT's exactly what i'm scared of -- i've heard crazy stories!!! i gotta get on that, and find a truty jeweler!! THANKS!!

OK, so last weekend i went dress hunting. Did the usual bridal salon hopping bit (went to 5 independent ones), and then stopped over at David's Bridal.

I gotta say I was so intimidated by those bridal salons and some of the associates in there -- the uppity types. it's not like i went into Kleinfelds or anything (Say Yes to the Dress), and some of these ladies were a bit intimidating. I mean, come on, if you want me to buy your product, at least be nice -- maybe they were just having a hard day :confused3

But anyway, after the hunt through the uppity forrest of tall skinny salon assistants all dressed in black, and the endless number of dresses -- puffy skirts, heart-shaped necklines, and a sea of white that drowned me out -- my mom and i made our way over to David's Bridal.

And i know it's not high end, and they're less expensive than most, but i do have a budget, and, most importantly, i did love the dress -- it's the same one i posted earlier with the ribbon down the back: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?langId=-1&catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&catentryId=1000073

So i took pics of it and all the other 347 dresses i tried on...however... my chubby...uh, i mean voluptu-bust asian bootay did not make for a pretty picture. Sooo...let the wedding diet commence. Your support is greatly appreciated :goodvibes hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter