Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

This review states that there is a plant based skillet that includes bbq jackfruit and some fake meats as well as noodles. https://*****.com/2021/07/review-wo...d-ohana-in-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/
I am 99% certain I am canceling my 'Ohana reservation for a variety of reasons. My brother, sister in law, niece and nephew are vegan. Per the review I read on touring plans, the vegan spread was not good. The jackfruit was apparently terrible, the sausage was basic vegan sausage, and they didn't bring the chicken. When the reviewer asked, she was brought regular chicken from the omnivore menu. The only good things were the salad and noodles.

On my recent trip I was excited to head to Epcot and try the plant-based BBQ jackfruit burger at Regal Eagle Smokehouse. I would definitively eat it again, and I appreciate the idea of it (I’ve had jackfruit BBQ other places that was delicious) but it was nothing special. I was expecting a more flavorful BBQ sauce on it. It was just kind of blah.

I was also excited to be able to get a plant-based hot dog at Casey’s in MK now (plant-based loaded slaw dog), but it was also a let down and the bun was just stale and dry and falling apart and I was expecting more flavor from all those toppings on the loaded slaw dog, but again…kind of blah. This is the first time I ever ate anything at Casey’s. Are the hot dog buns always so dry and crumbly? It pretty much made it impossible to eat the hot dog normally and I had to eat with a fork because the bun just fell apart in my hands. Kind of made me wish I just gotten my old favorite, plant-based brats and tots from Friar’s Nook instead (if it’s even still available).

Are the hot dog buns always so dry and crumbly? It pretty much made it impossible to eat the hot dog normally and I had to eat with a fork because the bun just fell apart in my hands.
Is it possible that the bun was both plant-based and gluten-free?

The impression I get from reading and watching restaurant reviews is that Disney occasionally tries to kill two birds with one stone by providing one product for both dietary needs. It makes sense, because it would cut down on costs to have two bun options (regular and allergy-friendly) rather than three (regular, plant-based, and gluten-free), but plant-based eaters are likely to lose out when that's the case. Vegan bread is easy to make yummy. Gluten-free bread is harder. Combine the two and it's even more of a challenge.

I don't have any specific insight about Casey's, so I have no idea if that's the case there. Does it seem like a possibility?

Is it possible that the bun was both plant-based and gluten-free?

The impression I get from reading and watching restaurant reviews is that Disney occasionally tries to kill two birds with one stone by providing one product for both dietary needs. It makes sense, because it would cut down on costs to have two bun options (regular and allergy-friendly) rather than three (regular, plant-based, and gluten-free), but plant-based eaters are likely to lose out when that's the case. Vegan bread is easy to make yummy. Gluten-free bread is harder. Combine the two and it's even more of a challenge.

I don't have any specific insight about Casey's, so I have no idea if that's the case there. Does it seem like a possibility?

I don’t see any indication on the menu that the bun is gluten-free. The loaded slaw one doesn’t mention the bun at all and the regular plant-based hot dog says it has a potato bun, which usually have wheat flour in them. I guess it’s possible the bun is gluten-free. I think they used Beyond Meat sausages which are gluten-free, so if the bun is also gluten-free then that would make sense they were trying to kill two birds with one stone. Gluten-free or not, the bun was terrible and useless.

For those contemplating Regal Eagle, Vegan WDW had this write up with good tips, such as ordering the salad and swap in jackfruit, and that the bbq sauces at the station are all vegan; Regal Eagle

Just back from our trip. I had good veggie experiences at Biergarten and Regal Eagle. Loved the veggie meatballs and humus at Docking Bay 7 in GE.

Highlight was Sebastian’s Bistro at CBR. Delicious!!

Check out the artistic salad, sides, and main course options to include Beyond Meat sausages, Impossible skewers (that were like fake gyro), and nicely seasoned tofu. I HIGHLY recommend this spot.

Vegetarian here with a trip coming up for the 50th! I'm excited to try some new places this trip.

In MK, I'll be eating at Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time. Hoping they will let me do just the veggie entree option (I think it's an Impossible Meatloaf right now?) and all the regular sides and dessert. I also can put away a lot of mashed potatoes, so I hope they keep those coming.

On our Epcot day, we got a breakfast reservation at Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera Resort. I'm looking forward to (distanced) characters and my first Skyliner ride over to Epcot! Food sounds good and I like that they offer a vegetarian sausage option. Lunch/Dinner that day will be from the Food and Wine booths.

In MK, I'll be eating at Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time. Hoping they will let me do just the veggie entree option (I think it's an Impossible Meatloaf right now?) and all the regular sides and dessert. I also can put away a lot of mashed potatoes, so I hope they keep those coming.

On our Epcot day, we got a breakfast reservation at Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera Resort. I'm looking forward to (distanced) characters and my first Skyliner ride over to Epcot! Food sounds good and I like that they offer a vegetarian sausage option. Lunch/Dinner that day will be from the Food and Wine booths.

That's what we did at Liberty Tree. We got the vegan entrees, but kept the vegetarian sides and dessert. The dessert is SO GOOD.
In a previous trip, our server actually gave us BOTH desserts, so if you're feeling persuasive, give it a try! 😉

can i get that burger with a bun not that garlic sandwich bread? do you know?
I'm not sure; you would have to ask them to sub in different bread, but you'd also have to make sure whatever other bun they had meets the guidelines of the way you are eating (like vegan., dairy free, etc...).

I just did a search but didn't see anything about the zucchini Ronto wrap in Galaxy's Edge. Anyone try it? Based on the pictures, it looks like there isn't much filling, especially compared to the normal Rontos wraps. It looks like a lot of pita compared to a little bit of zucchini.

I just did a search but didn't see anything about the zucchini Ronto wrap in Galaxy's Edge. Anyone try it? Based on the pictures, it looks like there isn't much filling, especially compared to the normal Rontos wraps. It looks like a lot of pita compared to a little bit of zucchini.
I tried it when I was there in August. The flavor was good and I enjoyed it, but I agree that the ratio of bread to filling was off. I just pushed the filling all together sort of and didn’t eat the excess bread.

I tried it when I was there in August. The flavor was good and I enjoyed it, but I agree that the ratio of bread to filling was off. I just pushed the filling all together sort of and didn’t eat the excess bread.
Thanks! Do you think it was worth the price? Looks like they are about $12, which seems like a lot for pita, three slices of zucchini, and some sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter