• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Verizon Wireless

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
The past two Decembers we have not been able to pick up a signal from MCO all through WDW. We're thinking that Verizon Wireless has to have coverage in WDW, and that is just a problem with our phones for some reason.

Can any other Verizon Wireless customers confirm they've had no problems at WDW?

Thanks

We were down at the end of Sept./first of Oct. and both my mom and I had no trouble using our Verizon Cell phones. We used them every day of our trip.

We just got back and in our group had 6 Verizon cell phones. For the most part, they worked great. Once or twice, the signal did not go through and we ended up with voice mail. It was a great way for us to keep in touch with the teens and young adults.

I've since gotten rid of my Verizon phone (just don't need a cell phone), but when I used mine last January, the only place I had a problem was in my hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd. in Downtown Disney.

It worked fine in all the parks.

The only problem was at AKL, no signal.

I have used my Verizon in parks several times in the last 6 months and haven't had a problem but a friend of mine has had trouble. Not sure why...

My husband and I have Verizon but we have different phones. He has a motorola and I HAD a Kyocera. He would get service in alot of places that I didn't. I now have a motorola and get much better service. It might just be the type of phone not the service.

Verizon service...Nokia phone...no problems anywhere in the parks or at the resorts...(WL & AKL)

We just got back on NYE and I had nothing but problems. We also in WDW in May and August and had continual problems. One night, I was on hold for over 45 minutes and spoke to one person and then to a supervisor. The superviser told me that I should buy a better phone when I get home(mine is only 1 year old!!). I told Verizon that everytime I go to WDW, I have this problem and no where else that I travel to throughout the country. I am glad to know that I am not the only one with this problem.

We were there for 5 days over New Years and didn't have trouble calling from anywhere. I have a motorola phone. DH's is different from mine, but I don't know what brand his is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter