Vero Beach Help

leelee9878

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend and I just today to go away for Memorial Day week and Spirit came out with really low fares today so we booked our flights! We decided to try out Vero Beach for a few nights to change it up a little since we are going to Disney in September also. However, I do not know anything about Vero Beach so I need help! :)

We arrive in Orlando Saturday the 25th around 8:00 PM, I am thinking staying at WDW Saturday and Sunday night and then drive to Vero Beach on Monday and stay for 3 nights, and then back to WDW for 2 nights.

Do you think we should do 2 nights? or is 3 better?

We will be booking a Inn - Garden View, should we request a certain area?

Are there any chances of viewing anything with the Sea Turtles or is it too
early in the year?

Are there any must do's while there?

Thanks to everyone for their help!

When we went we enjoyed the sheer relaxation! Kinda the opposite of WDW.
I would do the 3 days.
We loved having drinks in the Green Cabin Room on the outside deck!
Also enjoyed Sonya's. pan seared scallops were amazing.
Sorry can't help with other questions.

Let me know how you like spirit airlines, I have heard nothing good from there. I am also going to vero beach in June, I am curious as to what Ideas people have for stuff to do around there.

We arrive in Orlando Saturday the 25th around 8:00 PM, I am thinking staying at WDW Saturday and Sunday night and then drive to Vero Beach on Monday and stay for 3 nights, and then back to WDW for 2 nights.

Do you think we should do 2 nights? or is 3 better?

We will be booking a Inn - Garden View, should we request a certain area?

Are there any chances of viewing anything with the Sea Turtles or is it too
early in the year?

Are there any must do's while there?

Thanks to everyone for their help!
How long you stay depends on how much you want to just chill and relax. Vero is my peaceful, happy place so I could stay there for 2 weeks and not have any problems. However, if you're looking for a lot of activity, you'd probably be better with just 2 nights.

I wouldn't bother with a special location request although 4th floor is convenient if you plan to do laundry while at Vero.

Last year, the sea turtle season started early so during Memorial Day week there were plenty of sea turtles to be seen. Now, very few were actually seen on the beach itself, however, if you pay attention to the ocean you'll see them poking their cute little noses out of the water to breathe.

I don't really have any must do activities unless a band I like is performing at Captain Hiram's. :)

Perhaps I'll see you when you're there as I'll be spending that entire week at Vero.

Let me know how you like spirit airlines, I have heard nothing good from there. I am also going to vero beach in June, I am curious as to what Ideas people have for stuff to do around there.

I have flown spirit the most out of any airline, they are no frills but from NJ to Fl the flight is only a little over 2 hours and the fares can't beat. We also fly out of Atlantic City which is a small airport and so much easier to fly out of than Newark. We never pay for assigned seats and have never had an issue getting them together for free when we check in. We also combine our clothes and check one big bag, even when you factor in the bag fees it's still cheaper than the major lines around here. I can suffer for 2 hours if I'm paying such low fares. The cheapest I have ever flown for was $40 round trip including taxes.

The sea turtles are laying eggs in June. My family took a tour with a conservation group at night and saw a female laying eggs. They all agree it was a worthwhile experience. Be sure to wear long pants, and protection from mosquitoes if you do that.
http://www.conserveturtles.org/

Bobbi:goodvibes

The sea turtles are laying eggs in June. My family took a tour with a conservation group at night and saw a female laying eggs. They all agree it was a worthwhile experience. Be sure to wear long pants, and protection from mosquitoes if you do that.
http://www.conserveturtles.org/

Bobbi:goodvibes

How much was the walk with conservation group? Thanks for the reminder about mosquitos, I get the most bites out of anyone I know :(

How long you stay depends on how much you want to just chill and relax. Vero is my peaceful, happy place so I could stay there for 2 weeks and not have any problems. However, if you're looking for a lot of activity, you'd probably be better with just 2 nights.

I wouldn't bother with a special location request although 4th floor is convenient if you plan to do laundry while at Vero.

Last year, the sea turtle season started early so during Memorial Day week there were plenty of sea turtles to be seen. Now, very few were actually seen on the beach itself, however, if you pay attention to the ocean you'll see them poking their cute little noses out of the water to breathe.

I don't really have any must do activities unless a band I like is performing at Captain Hiram's. :)

Perhaps I'll see you when you're there as I'll be spending that entire week at Vero.

I booked Monday - Thursday last night, figured we would have plenty of running around at Disney while we are there. Thanks for the hope that we may see turtles :)

How much was the walk with conservation group? Thanks for the reminder about mosquitos, I get the most bites out of anyone I know :(

I am sorry that I do not remember the price. It was more involved than just the walk, there was an educational aspect and an adoption program. Disney at least used to have a lottery at the resort and they would do night walks too. Check with the resort, and Vero Beach, Merritt Island nature areas as well.

The sea turtle walks are great - even though we struck out on ours. Disney has a lottery for one and there are a few local places that run them. Google around for current nights and policies. They do fill up fast.

We were there last August. The biggest issue we had were the no-seeums. They were worse than any mosquito! They are out at dusk. One night we sat on the deck at the Green Cabin and were having drinks. The next day my legs were all blotchy and I looked like I had the measles for 1 week!! And boy, they were itchy!

We had an ocean view and, to me, was worth the few extra points. I agree about the location, if anything, the 4th floor was most convienent to the washer and dryers. If you change to an ocean view, also, the higher the better.

Cannot speak about the concervation tour, however, I was up every morning for the sun rise and walked the beach. I spoke with the conservationists as they tagged the new turtle nests and they were always happy to share knowledge and let you watch what they were doing. One even let me hold a turtle egg in my hand...:thumbsup2 very cool.

From the week of Memorial Day in 2012...sometime between 0700 and 0830 on Thursday or Friday....

Surveying a fresh nesting site:
232323232%7Ffp%3B84%3Enu%3D3233%3E684%3E678%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3A%3C83758338nu0mrj

Disney's Animal Programs Cast Member with an egg:
232323232%7Ffp%3B5%3A%3Enu%3D3233%3E684%3E678%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3A%3C8375%3A338nu0mrj

False Crawl Body Pit:
232323232%7Ffp%3B49%3Enu%3D3233%3E684%3E678%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3A%3C88845338nu0mrj

From the week of Memorial Day in 2012...sometime between 0700 and 0830 on Thursday or Friday....

Surveying a fresh nesting site:

Disney's Animal Programs Cast Member with an egg:

False Crawl Body Pit:

That's great, thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter