Vero beach, where to eat

Capt hiram, squid lips, mo bay, riverside,ocean grill, mulligan sebastian are my family's favorites.

We loved Ocean Grill. My sister and brother-in-law came up from Jupiter for the day. Let me explain my sister. She asked the waiter "what is the country of origin for the Chilean Sea Bass?" He went off to checked for her. She didn't want the bass but just wanted to know. She had a couple of other question like "How large is your wine pour?" He came back with a wine glass filled with water showing how large it was. Love my sister just hate to eat out with her.
The point I'm making is every request she made he smiled and said "I'll check and be right back" and he was. The service was fantastic so was the food. We also loved the view of the ocean. I highly recommend it!
A few months later my sister and her husband return with my niece and her husband. It must be good for her to drive all that way.

Captain Hiram's gets mentioned a lot, but we weren't that impressed with it. My land food was OK, but DW and DD's seafood wasn't that great. Our server was pretty lackluster too.

Island Orchid is good for a pizza night. I've read that delivery can take a long time and walking to it can be a little awkward. But we always have a car and just drove over to pick up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

With Captain Hiram's, I won't dine inside the restaurant itself, but I think the Sand Bar sandwiches are worth it, especially if a good/fun band is playing.

While Orchid Island pizza might be convenient, I tried it once and it was pretty gross. Probably the worst food I've had anywhere in the DVBR area. If you like good pizza, try Vittorio's on US1 by the Publix. Great pizza and (at least back in Sept 2013) they deliver to the resort. I believe they might also have some good take out specials during the week (like Monday or Tuesday night) if you don't mind driving or if you're already out and about. Typical strip mall pizzaria set up, but I have to say we got terrific service, the food was yummy and portions were more than generous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter