Vero Beach

Beast2Prince

Mouseketeer
We're thinking about adding a couple nights at Vero Beach to our trip at the end of October. This would be our first stay ever at this resort, so we're really not sure what to expect. Is it hard to get a studio during this time? Or is October less busy? We'll be flying, so we won't be packing beach chairs, beach towels, sand toys, etc. I'm guessing there's a Walmart or something similar nearby if we wanted to just purchase a couple of things for the kids to play with on the beach? And speaking of the beach, is the ocean still warm enough to swim in at the end of October? Anything else we should know for being first timers? Thanks!

I have not been there in October, but my guess is yes, the ocean is warm enough. I would suggest an ocean view inn room rather than a studio, same points, different bed arrangements and a better view. Inn rooms have 2 queen beds. Studios have a queen and a double pull out sleeper sofa. Both have a kitchenette.

There is a WalMart in Sebastian, a Publix closer. There are places to get what you need, and through this board you may even fine someone who can just pass along their things!

We have been there the last two Octobers for a week (early October) water was about 80 degrees both visits. Days were warm to hot, resort was only about half full. Great time to visit!

The resort provides beach towels in the room (4) and the kids meals come in a bucket with spade - like at Hurricane Hanna's.

The beach is nice and the water warm but the sand is typical lower east coast so we went back to the pool where there were plenty of loungers and chairs with tables plus a nice slide and a really good pool activity guy - very enjoyable.

Reservation is set for 2 nights in an Inn Room-Ocean View for Oct.24-26. Can't wait to try this resort for the first time. Thanks for all the info!

I just booked a long weekend in early October for my first Vero stay, so excited!

Reservation is set for 2 nights in an Inn Room-Ocean View for Oct.24-26. Can't wait to try this resort for the first time. Thanks for all the info!

Enjoy your stay...we are going for the first time this summer.

....like your id pix....watching the Amazing Mets right now playing the Reds.....Let's Go Mets...hopefully better days are ahead!:)

Enjoy your stay...we are going for the first time this summer.

....like your id pix....watching the Amazing Mets right now playing the Reds.....Let's Go Mets...hopefully better days are ahead!:)

Thanks...and you too!

Was hoping for some more 9th inning magic yesterday, but no luck. Things have to turn around for the better sooner than later, right?

Thanks...and you too!

Was hoping for some more 9th inning magic yesterday, but no luck. Things have to turn around for the better sooner than later, right?

Vero is awesome, but there is not much close by in the way of grocers and restaurants. Great place to relax and unwind. Dodgers used to have spring training in Vero.......and oh yeah....GO CUBS!!

Thanks...and you too!

Hoping for a good game in Atlanta tonight.....that was some grand slam by Ike the other day....

Good luck with your trip planning!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter