VERY Impressed with Davids

Sent our request in on Monday night and got an email this morning that our reservation for AKV was made so I'm impressed. I wish I'd known about David last year for our honeymoon since I really wanted to stay at AKL but couldn't afford it through Disney directly.

@thornton0511 - Looks like we'll be there at the same time :)

Reading all of the posts is making me excited!

We plan to rent points for our Oct./Nov trip! My DD 20 wants to stay at BLT! We hope to do a split stay BLT and BC or BW!!!!! We are flexible with dates as long as it includes Halloween!!!! :goodvibes

Sent our request in on Monday night and got an email this morning that our reservation for AKV was made so I'm impressed. I wish I'd known about David last year for our honeymoon since I really wanted to stay at AKL but couldn't afford it through Disney directly.

@thornton0511 - Looks like we'll be there at the same time :)

:thumbsup2Congrats on getting you ressie! That was quick too...I had to sweat it out in the queue for a few weeks before they had points ready lol! There seem to be several of us staying at AKL during this time (must be the best week to vacation). Have fun planning your trip and I am sure we are all going to be on the boards a lot getting loaded up with the info :woohoo:

Reading all of the posts is making me excited!

We plan to rent points for our Oct./Nov trip! My DD 20 wants to stay at BLT! We hope to do a split stay BLT and BC or BW!!!!! We are flexible with dates as long as it includes Halloween!!!! :goodvibes

Anytime you are planning for Disney is exciting :hyper:
I hope you get the resort and time frame you are wanting:thumbsup2
I sooo want to stay at Disney when all of the fall decorations are up sometime in the future. Staying over Halloween sounds awesome....are you planning on doing MNSSHP while you are there?

We just requested a 2BR at AKV for Nov with David's and was told that they didn't have the points as of right now. I'm hoping something changes soon. Otherwise we have to hope for a code from Disney which probably won't save us the money that renting would.

Thanks for opening my eyes to a whole new world. :) Ahh now I'm researching renting points instead of doing the standard stay through the WDW site. We're going in October though so have a feeling my options will be more limited since I've discovered this so late in the game. Never hurts to give it a shot though I suppose.

YES!!! we plan to go to MNSHP! We hope to go on the 31st! The decorations are beautiful for Halloween. We went in Oct. 2012, the first 2 weeks. We did not go to the party because we went on a Disney cruise for 4 days! We enjoyed the weather so we decided to return in Oct. this year! My DD is super excited! :goodvibes

As someone who placed points with David's to rent out, my results have been impressive. Over 800 points were rented within four days @ $11/point. I believe if David's remains competetive with the payout to owners (has been @ $10) more will use their service for the transactions.

I decided to put in a request for an October AK studio (value & standard) last night. After reading some of the supply issues I figured chances were slim but thought we might as well give it a shot anyway. Sure enough this morning we were confirmed for a standard studio. Thanks David!

As an aside, this is such a great value. It does require putting your cash down much earlier but the dollar value relative to doing a straight booking with Disney is amazing. There is also the added 'perceived risk' factor but having a broker in between does make me feel a little better. Thanks again!

I just listed 200 points with David's this morning with AKV as the home resort. I hope it helps someone on here!

Gosh I hope it's me. :) I am wait listed for an AKL standard studio and can't stand the wait!!!

We have used them to rent excess points. To really benefit, you have to set up an alert system on your email to immediately notify you when they contact you about a deal. There is software you can install that will do that (pop up and audio alert on your computer and send a message to your phone). The notification is critica,l because they operate on a "first come, first to get the rental" system. You have to respond immediately to have any chance at being at the first party to secure the rental. Also, I sense that at any given time they have more points in inventory to rent than they have incoming requests for rentals.

.......(snip)...... Also, I sense that at any given time they have more points in inventory to rent than they have incoming requests for rentals.
Right now that isn't true. David very recently raised the price he pays owners for their points. Demand is exceeding his ability to meet it (at least temporarily).

David's is busy right now. There were not points available for me when I sent my request. I ended up renting privately from an owner.

I can confirm that David's is very busy right bow but a lot seems to do with home resort for the points. I recall getting an email a few weeks ago about a special for renting SSR points at a discount.

I had both good and not so good luck with David's. I wanted both a BLT and an AKV reservation for December. We couldn't get the BLT but we got the AKV studio savanna view for December right away. I think that BLT is just super tough to get when renting points if you are prior to the 7 month window.

When they did have points for us David's was really responsive and the whole transaction was very quick and easy.

We just received confirmation this morning for our trip in November to AKV - Kidani. We reserved a 2 bedroom savannah view. Very excited! The process is quite easy. Hope all of you have the same luck as we did.

JT

I've heard a lot of good things about renting from David's but he is just a broker bringing the member and renter together, right? How do you know anything about the member who is actually renting you the points? Do you get references about the actual member?:confused3

You don't. Instead, David promises to make good if the owner flakes out---either finding you replacement lodging or fully refunding your money. See the Sample Agreement on his site for details.

I think I would use this site if I ever rented out my points.

I try to use every point I have, but if I was every in a situation where I couldn't use or bank them, I would much rather get something out of them than just lose them.

Hopefully, I will never need to, though:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter