Very limited BOG hours in September?

Mofang

Earning My Ears
Our 180 day window opened today, and - of course - that means we join the mad scrum to score BOG reservations at the times we want :) Fortunately, we're staying on property, so we have a bit of a jumpstart.

Our preferred date is September 3rd; that's a day where the Magic Kingdom closes at 10pm. Both Wishes and MSEP are running, so it's not a candidate date for the Halloween party. But MDE is only offering reservations for BOG from 4pm to 6pm.

We scored a 5:45, but as an adult couple we prefer late dinner reservations at Disney for a more chill experience, and we were hoping for something more like 8pm instead.

This is actually true throughout our whole trip, oddly enough - every day we're at the World, BOG is only operating a two hour dinner service.

Anyone else run into this in the past, and have any insight on when the hours might get corrected? This seems like a straight up mistake - I can't imagine them closing BOG four hours before the park - but I do worry I'll miss out on the inventory when it's released and get stuck with a reservation that's much earlier than we want.

I'm guessing it might be related to them hedging their bets on the Halloween party dates - but they've already committed to Wishes on several of these days, so it's surprising to me that they would be holding back BOG reservations for those...

Our 180 day window opened today, and - of course - that means we join the mad scrum to score BOG reservations at the times we want :) Fortunately, we're staying on property, so we have a bit of a jumpstart.

Our preferred date is September 3rd; that's a day where the Magic Kingdom closes at 10pm. Both Wishes and MSEP are running, so it's not a candidate date for the Halloween party. But MDE is only offering reservations for BOG from 4pm to 6pm.

We scored a 5:45, but as an adult couple we prefer late dinner reservations at Disney for a more chill experience, and we were hoping for something more like 8pm instead.

This is actually true throughout our whole trip, oddly enough - every day we're at the World, BOG is only operating a two hour dinner service.

Anyone else run into this in the past, and have any insight on when the hours might get corrected? This seems like a straight up mistake - I can't imagine them closing BOG four hours before the park - but I do worry I'll miss out on the inventory when it's released and get stuck with a reservation that's much earlier than we want.

I'm guessing it might be related to them hedging their bets on the Halloween party dates - but they've already committed to Wishes on several of these days, so it's surprising to me that they would be holding back BOG reservations for those...
I don't know if it's just BOG. I haven't been able to get any MK table service meal during our trip the first week of Sept. for anything after 545. I'm not sure what the deal is, but hoping it's "fixed" soon.

All of the September operating hours are subject to significant changes. Not sure the 10PM holds. Not sure the early nights hold.

Once they start announcing party nights, times will get more stable and probably open up more ADRs.

Yeah my ADR day is tomorrow, so I can only see up to the 1st and 2nd of September and none of the restaurants at MK are showing later than 6pm. Weird. Luckily I don't need any adrs in MK.

I would assume it will change after party nights are established. We went to MK on a party night in Oct last year. BOG opened dinner reservations from 6-6:55 in August. I would hope/think a non-party night would open up sooner rather than later once the schedule is set.

Sorry to hijack, but my 180 window opened up today. I'm renting points so my hotel reservation is linked to my account. I can't remember, if you're staying onsite, do you get extra days to book on top of the 180 days? Cause my window opened up this morning and I was online immediately at 6am to book BOG dinner and there was nothing available :( Last trip I did the exact same thing, but had no problem whatsoever getting a dinner ADR for BOG.

Sorry to hijack, but my 180 window opened up today. I'm renting points so my hotel reservation is linked to my account. I can't remember, if you're staying onsite, do you get extra days to book on top of the 180 days? Cause my window opened up this morning and I was online immediately at 6am to book BOG dinner and there was nothing available :( Last trip I did the exact same thing, but had no problem whatsoever getting a dinner ADR for BOG.
I think the problem I saw was that our whole trip (Sept 3-10th), none of the MK restaurants, including BOG have dinner times available showing past 6pm. Not sure what it is going on with that, unless they are trying to get the schedule in order or what but they need to get it together as people want to make their adrs.

I really hope so :( Beauty and the Beast has been my obsession since I was five (hence the username and that's me in my avatar as Belle), and my fiancé and I celebrated our engagement at BOG last year. We promised ourselves we'd return to BOG for our honeymoon and buy ourselves the nicest bottle of champagne on the menu so that was our plan for this Sept! Blarg.

Yes you should be able to book the first ten days of your trip if you are onsite and everything is linked.

BOG dinner still seems pretty popular. I assume the hours will expand eventually and more times will open up.

Right now, I'm seeing dinner reservations available on Setember 5, 6, and 7. The times aren't great - 4:45ish - but that's more due to the restaurant not being open past 6 yet.

Since you're staying on property, I'd suggest snagging one of these as insurance and then watching like a hawk to rebook in a later time once Disney opens up later seats.

There are sometimes issues seeing availability past the beginning of your booking window online. If you're signed in and can't search these days, just call 407-WDW-DINE.

We actually changed the prospective dates of our trip! We were originally going to be arriving at WDW on Sept. 4th, but we pushed it a week later. So I now have another week before having to make the ADRs :) Thank you though!

There's a new offer this year called Mickey's Spooktacular Celebration that you can add on to your MNSSHP night. The dates show Aug 26 through November 6. So I am guessing, parties are starting even earlier this year and times won't be released past 7 until party nights are firmly set.

There's a new offer this year called Mickey's Spooktacular Celebration that you can add on to your MNSSHP night. The dates show Aug 26 through November 6. So I am guessing, parties are starting even earlier this year and times won't be released past 7 until party nights are firmly set.
I don't think that In-Room Celebration has anything to do with the parties and when the parties are taking place. Last year the Spooktacular Celebrations were available starting in August just like this year, and the parties last year started later. They are in room celebrations, so totally separate from MNSSHP. I do however, think the parties are starting early in September this year, but not August. Only because MK has a few days where it is closing at 7pm.

I don't think that In-Room Celebration has anything to do with the parties and when the parties are taking place. Last year the Spooktacular Celebrations were available starting in August just like this year, and the parties last year started later. They are in room celebrations, so totally separate from MNSSHP. I do however, think the parties are starting early in September this year, but not August. Only because MK has a few days where it is closing at 7pm.
Oh I see. I read the description on Disney's site and the final line said MNSSHP requires a separate ticket so I assumed they were done in conjunction with each other.

I know I just tried for BOG for my visit in Sept and couldn't get anything past 4:00.. and had to change days also... man I know there is more tables than this .. last time we went half the tables was empty and their saying there isn't any reservations, whats the deal...:headache:

I've heard the empty tables are because BoG is constrained by kitchen capacity at dinner.

At lunch, the food they make is easier to crank out, so they can fill every table with quick service guests - but for dinner, the kitchen can only handle so many orders...

I've heard the empty tables are because BoG is constrained by kitchen capacity at dinner.

At lunch, the food they make is easier to crank out, so they can fill every table with quick service guests - but for dinner, the kitchen can only handle so many orders...
They need to hire more people... You would think... :rolleyes:

I think the problem I saw was that our whole trip (Sept 3-10th), none of the MK restaurants, including BOG have dinner times available showing past 6pm. Not sure what it is going on with that, unless they are trying to get the schedule in order or what but they need to get it together as people want to make their adrs.
I guess they're keeping those times until MNSSHP dates are announced, and only then will they bother to add more dinner dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter