Very Rusty - need help all adults July 24 - 3 days

JeannieNM

DIS Veteran
Thought I would give some background and became very long winded...if you want to skip all that. We are there for 3 days, one with a VIP tour. Suggestions for which park when (MK is unimportant).

We are 4 adults - 2 mid 20s, 2 early 60s. We have hoppers and are staying at the Dolphin which lets us take advantage of extra late hours on Monday at Epcot. No early mornings for us. I have a DAS pass but am pretty limited on what I can ride. Should we get Genie+. DD's BF is pretty good at using it. (DD and I do not use it because we go to DL enough that we do not care how many rides we ride in anyone given day. )We arrive on Sunday, July 26 and it will be around 9 am and may not have a hotel room, we have a VIP tour on Monday July 25 @ 1 pm . All but DH are DL magic key holders so Magic Kingdom is of the least interest. Priority is rides we can not ride in DL plus Star Wars as DH has not been to DL in 10 years. His interest is technology so we will need to do Star Wars rides. Did I read some where that you can not do Rise if Hollywood is not your first park? We need to be tapped into Epcot to do the 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock VQ, correct?

My main question is which park when? I have us starting in Epcot on Sunday as I figure we can try for the VQ @7 and @ 12 as we will actually be up early that day. We will also be hungry and Epcot may have the best food options for us. My DD and I are true Californians when it comes to what we eat which would make most people laugh (you know what I mean if you have heard any comedy routines, no meat but fish is ok, no diary...blah blah blah), the guys will eat anything. I figure Tuesday it does not matter because of the VIP so I picked Hollywood so we can see Indiana Jones before our tour starts if we are up in time. Then Wed I keep debating between Epcot which is what we are signed up for and Animal Kingdom. I really want to do the safari and walking around which we won't do on the VIP tour as we will be doing the main thrill rides.

We used to be at DW once a year because of a conference but its been 10 years and we all know how much that has all changed. So any advice, plans, suggestions much appreciated.

There is no VQ for Rise of Resistance at DHS, only a LONG standby line or you can try purchasing a $ILL for it.

The only current VQ is for Gardian of Galaxy. To ride Guardians, you need to secure a VQ either at 7am or 1pm. You will need a park reservation for Epcot to be eligible and for the 1pm drop, you need to be in the park to try for the VQ. There is also a 6pm drop on Mondays when they offer the Deluxe Extra Evening Hours (you need to stay at one of the eligible resort for that drop). You can also purchase a $ILL for Guardians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter