VGF 1311 HA standard view studio

mmtravel

Mouseketeer
We stayed last week in a standard view VGF studio and wanted to share some pictures. Even the bellman had never seen one before. We did not request this room but checked in at 8pm and wound up with it. The location and view were nice. Everything else about it was very different from what we expected. Hope this helps someone who needs HA features. Sorry for the picture size and quality - all we had was our point and shoot this trip, and it's my first time uploading pictures. Hopefully it captures all the HA features. We have a ton more pictures - let me know if there's something you'd like to see and I'll see if we have it.

The view:
IMG_2861_zps10086687.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dining table:
IMG_1474_zps7dd5a784.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kitchen:

Bathroom:

Closet (sorry, don't know why these are blurry - but you get the idea):

Thanks for posting. I mentioned on your other thread that we would take that room to allow our kids to dress and prep independently. I'm sure there are others that would take it willingly, enough to keep from having to force it on someone who doesn't. Very nice views!

Just curious-was the coffee pot on that table when you moved in, or did you move it there? I know it's a small issue, but if I had little kids, I'd be uncomfortable and move that. When DS was a toddler, he reached and spilled a scalding cup of tea on his arm, requiring an emergency doctor's trip. My fault, I know, and I never forgot. So that coffee pot caught my eye.

Good question - it was actually up on the empty shelf you see immediately to the right, next to the TV. We moved it to the table when we were actually making coffee because it was easier to access. Not sure if the extra few inches would help. In most studios, it's in the kitchen area, but the counter space didn't allow for the height of it.

Thanks, mmtravel, for posting your photos of the H/A villa at VGF. I've inserted a link to this thread on the VGF Villas and Views thread, and I've updated the maps in that thread to show that villa 1311 is handicapped accessible.

Thanks, mmtravel, for posting your photos of the H/A villa at VGF. I've inserted a link to this thread on the VGF Villas and Views thread, and I've updated the maps in that thread to show that villa 1311 is handicapped accessible.

Thank you for putting together such a comprehensive map. Glad to help.

And it has an actual roll in shower - ie, no raised threshold?

They actually have some shelves in the bathroom - quite a change from most of the DVC HA rooms.

And it has an actual roll in shower - ie, no raised threshold?

They actually have some shelves in the bathroom - quite a change from most of the DVC HA rooms.

Yes, no raised threshold. I was worried we would wind up with water all over the floor, but a slight "bump" in the tiling (not an actual raised threshold, you could roll over it) and careful monitoring of the shower curtain kept that from happening.

Are these all the HA rooms or are there more that are not of the map?

Are these all the HA rooms or are there more that are not of the map?

These are all the Handicapped Accessible villas of which I know at this time. There is the possibility that villa #1528, a Standard View Studio, might be an H/A villa that should be added to the list. At VGF, it appears that when the One-Bedroom villa is an H/A villa, then the attached studio is an H/A villa as well. Since villa #1526 is Handicapped Accessible, villa #1528, the attached studio, might turn out to be H/A as well.

To my knowledge, no one has reported villa #1110 or villa #1108 (the attached one-bedroom villa) as being Handicapped Accessible. If someone has, can you point me to the post?

Sorry misread the map.. Hard to read on my phone..

So there are a total of 7 HA rooms?

Somebody please correct my math if I'm wrong..

Animal kingdom has 458 villas (according to passporter DVC book)
Around 20 of them are HA.. Couldn't get an exact number.. That's 4.4%

GF has 147 villas with 7 of them HA.. Is 4.7%

So I guess altho it seems like the GF has more HA room... percentage wise it's about the same..
But b/c GFV is soooo small your chances of getting one are higher..
Or maybe DIS'er just seem to be having bad luck.. ;-)

I'd be curious to know how many VGC have?

Good question - it was actually up on the empty shelf you see immediately to the right, next to the TV. We moved it to the table when we were actually making coffee because it was easier to access. Not sure if the extra few inches would help. In most studios, it's in the kitchen area, but the counter space didn't allow for the height of it.

What type of coffee filter does the coffee maker take? Bunn (basket) or cone?

Does anyone know if there are any dedicated 2 bedroom HA rooms, or are they just a lock off option?

In addition to the lock-off two-bedroom Handicapped Accessible villas, there appears to be two dedicated two-bedroom vacation homes. The Standard View 2BR H/A is #1424 and the Lake View 2BR H/A is #1112.

See the VGF Villas and View thread for more information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter