Victoria & Albert for moms bday or too romantic a restaurant?

Melikaps

Earning My Ears
Hello, I have upcoming reservations to take my mother for a special 70th birthday dinner but the more I read about the restaurant, the more I am wondering maybe this is more of a romantic, couple geared restaurant. Does anyone have any insight as to if this may not be the best place for a mother/daughter dinner? Thank you!

Last edited:
I think it would be a great mother/daughter experience. It is a Lot of food though and some of it is more exotic than she may be used to. (Or she might be a traveling foodie and might be more adventurous than your average 70 yr old)

I went with my adult son and we didn't feel uncomfortable at all. There were a couple of tables with what were obviously couples, a few with what were obviously just friends and one really noisy table with what was obviously an office group of some kind. Go enjoy, expect good food, good service and to leave waddling but happy.

We've done it as just the 2 of us and we've gone with both of our kids when they were in high school and college. We've enjoyed each time just as much. I would keep the reservation and enjoy it. Plan on the better part of 3 hours, at least it always has been for us. Never rushed, but paced nicely.

I think it would be a great mother/daughter experience. It is a Lot of food though and some of it is more exotic than she may be used to. (Or she might be a traveling foodie and might be more adventurous than your average 70 yr old)
For whatever reason, people think that time has stood still and that senior citizens today were all born at the turn of the last century, just like in the Carousel of Progress. But to put this into perspective, a person who is 70 today was 22 at Woodstock. That generation has pretty much seen it all and done it all in a way that is perhaps far more adventurous than people today. Back then, they didn't have X-Boxes in their basement. They went out and lived life. Just sayin'. :hippie:

OP: I've seen couples, co-workers, families, Disney execs. Take your mom. Go make a memory!

For whatever reason, people think that time has stood still and that senior citizens today were all born at the turn of the last century, just like in the Carousel of Progress. But to put this into perspective, a person who is 70 today was 22 at Woodstock. That generation has pretty much seen it all and done it all in a way that is perhaps far more adventurous than people today. Back then, they didn't have X-Boxes in their basement. They went out and lived life. Just sayin'. :hippie:

OP: I've seen couples, co-workers, families, Disney execs. Take your mom. Go make a memory!
Sorry but many of the people I know in that age group grew up with parents who grew up in the depression and therefore didn’t have access to many different kinds of foods and therefore never learned about them and some of those kids never stepped out of the comfort zone of what other foods could be. More power to you if you did.

I've seen mother/daughter, small groups and even singles eating at V&A's in both the main room and the Queen Victoria Room. It can be romantic or it can be just a really nice experience. I think that the "romantic" part depends on who you're with. I can have a romantic dinner with DH no matter where we eat just because we're together. Think of the atmosphere as less of a romantic one and more of a quiet, elegant, relaxing one that allows you to leisurely experience a great menu either alone or with someone whose company you enjoy regardless of their relationship to you. Definitely go - you'll both enjoy it and the staff will make you feel welcome.

Its an experience Id rather have with my
mother or bestie than DH weirdly! I think its the setting just makes me think ‘ulitmate girls evening’

wow, thank you everyone! I had my finger on the dial to cancel but I am taking everyone's great advice and insight and we are definitely going... this weekend! (Wait list calls can come true)
Everyone's responses has made me quite excited now and I know that I will be waddling out the door after dinner with a big ole smile on my face. thank you again! :thanks::earsgirl:

This is not simply the best restaurant at WDW - it's one of the TWO best restaurants within the United States.
Please understand, ahead of time.... Dinner will be about $350/head. And WELL worth it :).

Hello, I have upcoming reservations to take my mother for a special 70th birthday dinner but the more I read about the restaurant, the more I am wondering maybe this is more of a romantic, couple geared restaurant. Does anyone have any insight as to if this may not be the best place for a mother/daughter dinner? Thank you!
Jiko is nice as well. But I went with my mum to VandA it was not strange at all.

I went this summer with my mom. We had a great experience and never felt uncomfortable or that we were impeding on other's romantic dinner. It was a great time with GREAT food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter