Victoria & Jacks PJ - WP/WR/SC - April 5th 2011 - Update 01/09

aww sorry you felt the need to take them down, i thought they were lovely and as long as you love them that's all that really matters :hug:

Hi Hun

I was so excited when you wrote you had posted your photos I am so sorry some small minded people have to ruin some ones happiness i would love a link to facebook or something to see them as we wanted to meet the roots but were out of town when we were there

hope you had a lovely holiday

xxx

I thought the photo's were great Torsie, sorry someone has upset you. Some people really are pathetic. :goodvibes

Hey Torsie,

I thought your pics turned out wonderful and I'm sorry that some people have tried to ruin your happiness. Please don't let it bother you. On some of those other boards they really like picking on Disney Brides. I don't know why, but it seems they always make it a point to be really nasty. I never post on those other boards for that very reason. My guess is that they have nothing better to do with their lives or perhaps they are really miserable themselves and just want to drag other people down with them.

I understand that not everyone may like the photojournalistic style or the artistic shots that the Roots sometimes do. I did remove the heads cut off shot from our guestbook because I knew some of our guests wouldn't get it, even though DF and I like it. I personally love their style because I feel like they really capture the essence of the couple. I also don't like posed pictures, so I didn't want a ton of those for my wedding day.

The most important thing is that you and your DF are happy with your pictures!

Torsie,

I just wanted to let you know I just read through your PJ! I love your ideas.

Do you still have the plan of having an "Enchanted" theme? I was thinking about this today, and I was just curious how it was going for you!

Don't worry what others think of your photos, I didn't see them, but I'm sure they were beautiful!

Torsie,

I just wanted to let you know I just read through your PJ! I love your ideas.

Do you still have the plan of having an "Enchanted" theme? I was thinking about this today, and I was just curious how it was going for you!!

Enchanted as a theme is probably a bit too generous. Basically is the Enchanted Sountrack theme. Lol.

We are having a lot of music from the movie.

- True Loves Kiss (Score) as the processional
- Ever ever after (score) as we leave the pavillion
- So Close for our first dance

I also kinda want my hair like Giselle has hers, but brown. But I really like the loose curls look, and will maye have a couple of tiny flowers in it, but that obvisouly depends on what I do about a tiara/veil.

So all in all it's not really a theme. But we think it's nice the music follows through.

I suppose we could make it more "Enchanted" when we decide on our invitations and centre pieces and stuff. But to be honest when Jack and i talk about it we just want to follow the theme of the WP and Floridian and sort of go with faux Victorian elegant sort-of stuff. We toy with the idea of little bird cages to match he big one in the lobby, I think they;d be cute with flowers in, but I don't want to end up making the place look too busy or whatever. So we'll probably just go with unsurprising but pretty things like flowers. We aren't out to invent loads of new ideas etc, just to have a really pretty day.

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not updated in a long time. :)

We are getting a new kitten soon, and life is getting a bit hectic catching up with work from 2 weeks off at WDW.

Our planning session was awesome, Kristi is just amazing, we really had a lot of fun with her and she was so helpful and friendly with us. :)

She took us to see way more locations than she really should have, and it was such a fun morning!

A quick overview (I didn't really take any photos as [a] I felt it a bit rude to be trying to snap away at a place when someone was telling me about it and my photography skills are pretty poor, and you girls have seen millions of photos of all the locations, so we can look at nicer pictures on the internet anyway!

We started out at Franc's and sat in her office just talking about what we would like for our day, what we liked etc.

The we headed over to the GF and looked at the Whitehall. It was being set up for a reception and looked really good with the tables and floral all done. We love the patio too, and I didn't realise you could see the castle from there, so that was a lovely bonus. We also really liked the fact it was separate from the main hotel and that the convention centre has a nice feel to it.

Then we headed over to the Contemporary where Kristi showed us a new DP spot out the front of their Convention centre, it does have a view of the castle, but we felt it was a little too much like being in the parking lot...

We went up to the Napa room which was really amazing, Jack really loved it too and told me then he wished he'dlet me book us a meal at CG! As I'd wanted to but he said to leave it for our honeymoon. We also went out on the walkway and admired the view, this i did take a picture of!

7635_282812960083_821450083_9175840_3133435_n.jpg

What worried us about staying up in the Napa for the DP is that the CG diners stand on the front walkway, which would mean that it would obstruct our guests view a bit.

We also looked at the Sonoma room, which was nice to see and had a good view, but wasn't right for us.

Then we headed over to EPCOT, and got a tour in Krisit's car of all of backstage! It was very exciting and pretty funny as we hadn't even been to the front of EPCOT yet as it was only the 4th day of our trip! We snuck in the back entrance of Future World and went into the Living Seas, it was soo strange to jsut sneak through a hole in the wall and be in the park! The Living Seas was awesome, we really liked it, and I think if we had decided on an Illuminations DP then it would have made a greaat reception space!

Kristi also showed us the UK DP terrace. It was lovely to see WS so empty! And was really wierd to have only seen one pavillion! We snuck back out the back entrace where there were lots of dumpsters and a dead frog. :( And to be honest it was the fact that our guests would have to come in that way that put us off. It's not the best way to start and end a party.

We then headed back to the WP. Now we've all seen a million photos of it, but I agree with you all when you say that nothing can prepare you for how pretty it is in real life! I welled up pretty much straight away, and Jack got all quiet and smiley, I hope Kristi didn't think we were wierdo's!

So it's safe to say we are definitely have the DP for our ceremony!! And after some return visits during the rest of our stay we have decided on WHR for our Reception and Sago Cay for our DP (unless by some stroke of luck the Poly gets a DP area!).

We like the ease of having all the locations so close together, and also think it works well that the WP and GF are themed the same so our floral etc. will fit in all the locations. :)

Sorry it has taken so long for me to update! I will be back on later with some dress drama! I may have found 2 more that I really like.....

Yay for picking your locations! We're doing most of the same (or in the same area anyway) and definitely like that they are all in the same area. Plus my DF loves the GF since he's snobby :lmao:! We're doing a sorta Victorian theme too since we figure we might as well go with it since that's the resort theme ;). I did see some birdcages online. We're probably going to use one as a cardholder, but you could definitely do them on the tables with flowers in them. Here's the link: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birds.html. They are pretty reasonably priced, and I think if you have Disney add floral to them, you could just ship them to Disney and have them set everything up.

Oooh no, two new dresses... you have to tell us all the details and post pics too! :rolleyes:

Yeah for picking nearly the same locations as me :goodvibes

I want to hear more about the other dresses.

Eeek, sorry I've not posted in so long girls!! What with a crazy new kitten and Christmas time has just flown by since our trip!

But exciting news.

We finally have a date all set - April 5th 2011. :) And we're in the DFTW calendar. :)

AND we're on the Roots calendar too! :D I actually now feel like we're really getting married, and for the first time I feel like it isn't ages away!!

We are going to send out little notecards soon as our save-the-dates said March, but it wasn't practical with the way spring breaks etc fall next year. And the 5th of April isn't exactly far out. With the notecards we are also going to send the little information book I'm making so that people get a good idea of the timescales for booking flights, and hotels etc. :)

Eeek, sorry I've not posted in so long girls!! What with a crazy new kitten and Christmas time has just flown by since our trip!

But exciting news.

We finally have a date all set - April 5th 2011. :) And we're in the DFTW calendar. :)

AND we're on the Roots calendar too! :D I actually now feel like we're really getting married, and for the first time I feel like it isn't ages away!!

We are going to send out little notecards soon as our save-the-dates said March, but it wasn't practical with the way spring breaks etc fall next year. And the 5th of April isn't exactly far out. With the notecards we are also going to send the little information book I'm making so that people get a good idea of the timescales for booking flights, and hotels etc. :)

YAY!!!:banana:

How did you manage to get on DFTW's calendar? That's pretty cool, it would make me feel like it was real too!

Yay for picking a date, you've made me nervous though, I would have figured that the beginning of April would be right in the middle of spring break... :confused3 I was just happy to see that Presidents day weekend was in Feb, not the beginning of March...

Hiya!

I have no idea how I've missed so much of your PJ - sorry! pretty much caught up this evening :goodvibes hope all your plans are going well... it's almost a year to go!! :yay:

Emma princess: x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter