video/brochure?

poohsdoodle

Doodle's Mom
:confused:

Can anyone tell me if there is a brochure or trip planning-resort video for Fort Wilderness?

I'm trying to talk my parents into going next year. They are reluctant due to health issues (bad knees, bad back, ect). I know my Dad will not want to walk around the parks everyday, but I was hoping some information might sway his decision if he knew there were other things to do.

I heard someone say there were rocking chairs on a porch you could relax on, this is his kind of fun (LOL!). Of course Mom and I will hit the parks, but she feels guilty leaving Dad on his own.

Can anyone help??

Thanking you in advance!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've never seen separate info on Fort Wilderness, it's always included with all other info. But who knows there may be something out there. It's funny but the best scenes I saw about FW was a Disney Sing-a-Long video my niece and nephew had!!!:D

No, unfortunately, there are no FW-specific videos. There should be though! I'm sure they could easily fill a whole video with info on FW!

The rocking chairs you're referring to are sitting on the front porch of Crockett's Tavern. DH and I love to sit there with our refillable mugs full of pink lemonade, and watch the people go by! There is Disney country-style music playing in the background, and it's so relaxing! :)

I would suggest renting a golf cart for your stay. It's much easier than walking around the campground. And, it will save you one bus wait/ride to the main bus stops. You can drive your own golf cart to one of the main bus stops and park it there. There are golf cart parking spots with electrical outlets to keep them charged up!

I think your parents would really appreciate the peacefulness and relaxation you experience when you stay at FW. It's such a nice place to come "home" to at the end of a long day at the parks!

Ohohohoh--(raises hand excitedly)--the Travel Channel show Great Hotels is doing Wilderness Lodge this week, and they go to FW and show the inside of the cabins and tour FW and show the campfire. They even showed a golf cart (which I agree would be a must!)

I checked and it is running again a couple of times this week--it should really help!

Krisu! I have that video :) It's called campout at Walt Disney World. My kids love it!

Susan

It's funny but it was that video that got us excited about going:D

campingcorgi, do you have the schedule for the Travel channel's programs for WDW resorts? I caught one last week about the Grand Floridian, and really enjoyed it. Would love to see the others, especially the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

thanks folks!!!!

i am also interested in the scheduling of the program, i'm getting ready to call my parents now!!!

dad will LOVE the golf cart idea!

i only have a video from a few years ago, before animal kingdom opened. how do i get a new one?

everyone on these boards are the best !!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

The Travel Channel website shows the show airing Monday-Thursday at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time and Sunday at 11 a.m. ET. It doesn't show specifically which show on which day, but I do know that the Wilderness Lodge episode was going to repeat again this week.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter