Videocamera tips?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Next trip I figure on bringing my videocamera. I've never brought it before because I really don't want to lug it around at the parks. So I thought I'd just take some tape around the hotel-balcony view, room, check-in area, etc. Any comments or tips would be really appreciated.

Pack your Video Camera in a padded 6pk cooler size lunch bag,it will pad your Camera from bumps!! And who wants to steal some elses Lunch!!!

And if there's something special in the parks, like a dinner you're planning on, or a parade, just get a locker for the day so you can get it out when you want. That way you can really have it when you want it.

Hmmm, you sound just like me! I brought the video camera and only taped our CBR room and balcony and a bit on the beach. I am really bummed now that I didn't bring it into the parks. Yes, I would have had to lug it and protect it from the rain. BUT, I realllllllly wish I had video of my family at the parks. Bring it! But also be sure you fully understand if it has an electronic "dew" detection system. If it does and it can't be overridden, like mine, you may wind up with no video at all due to WDW's humidity. Good luck!

I have my camera always packed in a padded bag, I don't take it everyday or all day ( usually we take an afternoon break ) , it's not big and not too heavy either so taking it around with me wasn't a problem, I am glad I got to record all the parades and other stuff I have now but now that the kids are older I take the digital camera and I'm fine with it.
For rides that might get wet, you may want to get a large Ziploc bag and just place the camera inside the ziploc bag and inside the padded camera bag, I did that and it worked great.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
...I really don't want to lug it around at the parks...

As time goes on I take less and less video (approximately 2-3 hours total). It's mostly us in the crowds to show the lack of or can you find us, some scenary and on a few rides. As mentioned we also rent a locker for storage and the large ziplock bag is a must on wet rides.

We mostly take pictures. We are building a Disney wall of pictures...after 4 trips the wall is starting to take shape. 5 weeks until BCV!!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter