View of a Deluxe standard view studio at AKV Jambo?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
Hey folks,
My Mom, DD and I are checking into a Deluxe standard view studio at Jambo house this Saturday morning. Would the most likely view for that room be the pool view????:goodvibes I am totally fine with that...I know the value rooms are sometimes parking lot, but we have never been put in one of those. We have actually been upgraded to Savanaha view a couple times. I figure this trip the lodge will be pretty booked so not counting on that.

Pool view would be great and I was trying to decide whether to do the on line check in or wait till we get there.

I have a long time friend that I rent DVC points from....So she took care of the reserivation for me.:thumbsup2

Thanks for any input on the Deluxe standard views for the studios.

Michelle

A few years ago, you were absolutely guaranteed a pool view room with a standard view studio at Jambo. BUT, then they reclassified many of the less desirable savanna views to standard view. I have yet to get a pool view in my last 3 visits with a standard view studio since the reclassification. Twice, I have had the very last room to the north side of the resort - it was a looonngg walk and had all of the firehose equipment directly to the right of the room.

Some people love that they might get a reclassified savanna room; just remember there's a reason they are reclassified - people who booked on savanna view points were very disappointed because it is usually a substandard view.

I much prefer the old guaranteed pool view and now try to book value studio when at all possible. LisaS has a great thread on here about some of the potential views since the savanna reclassification.

Good to know...So maybe I should do the on line check in and put in a request for a pool view room??? Ya never know???:goodvibes

Good to know...So maybe I should do the on line check in and put in a request for a pool view room??? Ya never know???:goodvibes

After I got the first reclassified standard view studio, I began to put in a pool view request with MS when I reserved the room. Hasn't worked for me yet. :goodvibes Then again, you might really enjoy the reclassified savanna view.

I booked a deluxe standard studio at Jambo House for my last three visits in the past year and although I didn't care about the view (I'm a solo traveller and spend most of my time in the parks or running a race) twice I received a savanna view and once was a partial pool view. I was very pleased with my room locations.

I just don't want the parking lot...LOL:worried:

I am pretty sure the deluxe standard view would not be parking lot...

I have been upgraded most everytime to Savanna and then a couple times pool view and I loved our Pool view rooms.....:goodvibes

I am just excited to go.........:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter