Views from BCV studios?

Steamboat Girlie

I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh.
We are considering switching to BCV (from AKV), but I was wondering about the views from the studio accommodations? What is available. I love the area, and the idea of walking to Epcot, but I don't want a view of a dumpster! I know there are no booking categories when it comes to views, and this scares me a bit. We spend a fair amount of time on the balcony relaxing.

We are considering switching to BCV (from AKV), but I was wondering about the views from the studio accommodations? What is available. I love the area, and the idea of walking to Epcot, but I don't want a view of a dumpster! I know there are no booking categories when it comes to views, and this scares me a bit. We spend a fair amount of time on the balcony relaxing.

There really aren't many good views at BCV depending on what you want. You could get a pool view, with the parking lot behind it. Or you could get a garden view, with the BC behind it. Or you could get the woods view, with woods, road and weeds. But you might also get a hint of a view of Epcot with that woods view. And you might not.

To clarify, the Epcot view if there is one, is the tops of buildings through trees and maybe some high fireworks looking over Epcot Resorts Blvd.

BCV isn't really known for it's views.

:earsboy: Bill

I went ahead and made the switch, mostly in the interest of staying at all DVC resorts at least once!

Several people have mentioned the woods view and the road. Maybe we've just been lucky (hate facing the road), but in the 8-9 times we've requested woods view (and we've always gotten woods), we've never faced the road. We've always gotten a villa on the "inside" of the horseshoe, facing the woods, in the "jog" that includes room #s -39 to -59 or so, on the right as you go down that hall, KWIM?

. We spend a fair amount of time on the balcony relaxing.

Then you may be disapointed! We are "balcony" people as well and my view of the road, fence and 8 foot edge was depressing at best! 2nd stay, view no better, so I stay elsewhere!

Several people have mentioned the woods view and the road. Maybe we've just been lucky (hate facing the road), but in the 8-9 times we've requested woods view (and we've always gotten woods), we've never faced the road.

And maybe that's the secret, the view of the road/fence/edge, was in my early DVC days when I didn't make requests! Something similar to ending up in Carousel 3 times at SSR, without requests!

Then you may be disapointed! We are "balcony" people as well and my view of the road, fence and 8 foot edge was depressing at best! 2nd stay, view no better, so I stay elsewhere!

BCV, request pool view. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We've had garden view and pool view and enjoyed both.

I really loved watching the activity in the courtyard area between BCV and the solarium. And the comings and goings in the porte cochere. On the pool side we caught some nice sunsets.

we like the DVC pool view the best; beats looking straight ahead at the trees on the other side - and we always request a high floor, 4th or 5th.

We are BCV owners and go often. I have never had what I consider a "bad" view. Maybe my criteria isn't very high, but I have always been satisfied.
I usually request higher floor, pool view. With that request one trip we got 2nd floor woods view. It couldn't have been further from my request. Yet I ended up loving that room/balcony.
Enjoy and let us know what you think when you return.

This is a view you do not want! This is room #129 and that is the smoking area. Anyone who sits there can look right into your Living Room. You either have to keep your drapes shut or welcome them to your world.

9683609520_05210aaf60_z.jpg
]

This is a view you do not want! This is room #129 and that is the smoking area. Anyone who sits there can look right into your Living Room. You either have to keep your drapes shut or welcome them to your world.

9683609520_05210aaf60_z.jpg
]
Yikes! Not to mention the smell of the smoke! This would make me carnival freak crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter