Villas at GF - 2 Bedroom Questions

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi. Can someone please let me know what the difference is between a 2 bedroom lockoff or deducated?

What does standard view "view"? Could I possibly get a monorail view or is it more parking lot view?

I can get standard view for 8 nights without borrowing any points unless a lagoon view is much more worth it.

Thanks for any help.

Hi. Can someone please let me know what the difference is between a 2 bedroom lockoff or dedicated?

A lock-off 2-bedroom is a studio and a 1-bedroom with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the second bedroom and will have a queen bed, a queen sleeper sofa and a twin pull down. The studio also has a kitchenette. There are 2 entrances into a 2-bedroom lock-off (1 in the 1-bedroom portion, and 1 in the studio).

A dedicated 2-bedroom can only be reserved as a two bedroom. The second bedroom will have 2 queen beds. Since the 2nd bedroom is a real bedroom, there is no kitchenette. The unit has only a single entrance door.

Hi. Can someone please let me know what the difference is between a 2 bedroom lockoff or deducated?

What does standard view "view"? Could I possibly get a monorail view or is it more parking lot view?

Standard view refers to any view that is not directly of the lake(which doesn't mean firewworks). It could be of the grounds or of the monorail. The way the building is built I don't know if there is much of any parking lots views but there could be a few monorail/parking lot views. There are reports of a standard view of a wall that people were not happy with but it is a possibility if you book standard view.

I can get standard view for 8 nights without borrowing any points unless a lagoon view is much more worth it.

Thanks for any help.

The biggest difference between a lock-off and dedicated 2 bedroom at VGF is that the lock-off you can book with 10 people and the dedicated only sleeps 9. Also lock-off have 2 doors instead of one entrance.

Just got back from 2bedroom dedicated standard. Had room 1213. Saw fireworks and overlooked monorail line and the GF resort. From my opinion lake view not worth the points.

Request a dedicated 2 bedroom ending in 25 or 13 for best firework view.

Post #2 in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3192814 has links to views from various rooms that people have posted so you can get an idea what the views might be.

Here are the pictures I posted there from our dedicated 2BR standard view:

p682578428-4.jpg

p782759341-4.jpg

p563082681-4.jpg

p668638149-4.jpg

p607610487-4.jpg

p775482458-4.jpg

p1008616662-4.jpg

p728718083-4.jpg

p991787954-4.jpg

p1030302889-4.jpg

A lock-off 2-bedroom is a studio and a 1-bedroom with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the second bedroom and will have a queen bed, a queen sleeper sofa and a twin pull down. The studio also has a kitchenette. There are 2 entrances into a 2-bedroom lock-off (1 in the 1-bedroom portion, and 1 in the studio).

A dedicated 2-bedroom can only be reserved as a two bedroom. The second bedroom will have 2 queen beds. Since the 2nd bedroom is a real bedroom, there is no kitchenette. The unit has only a single entrance door.
Thank you very much. I appreciate the detail you explained this to me.
There will be 4 of us so will want a dedicated 2 bedroom. My ds and my mom in the room with two queens and my dh and me in the master.

The biggest difference between a lock-off and dedicated 2 bedroom at VGF is that the lock-off you can book with 10 people and the dedicated only sleeps 9. Also lock-off have 2 doors instead of one entrance.
Thank you. I am going with the dedicated two bedroom. There are 4 of us.
Thanks so much!

Just got back from 2bedroom dedicated standard. Had room 1213. Saw fireworks and overlooked monorail line and the GF resort. From my opinion lake view not worth the points.

Request a dedicated 2 bedroom ending in 25 or 13 for best firework view.

Thank you very much. I would L O V E monorail view! :cloud9: Don't care about the fireworks. Nice to see them if we can but would so much rather the monorail.

Post #2 in this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3192814 has links to views from various rooms that people have posted so you can get an idea what the views might be.

Here are the pictures I posted there from our dedicated 2BR standard view:

p682578428-4.jpg

p782759341-4.jpg

p563082681-4.jpg

p668638149-4.jpg

p607610487-4.jpg

p775482458-4.jpg

p1008616662-4.jpg

p728718083-4.jpg

p991787954-4.jpg

p1030302889-4.jpg

Kathy, OMG, I LOVE your pictures!!! I may request your specific room number!
That is exactly what I would want to see every morning/afternoon/night especially if we were just hanging in the room. My mom and I will be there 4 days before my dh and son get there so it would be PERFECT! Thanks so much to all of you that answered!
I printed out this thread and will keep with my trip file.
Thank you my dis friends :grouphug:

Kathy, OMG, I LOVE your pictures!!! I may request your specific room number!
That is exactly what I would want to see every morning/afternoon/night especially if we were just hanging in the room. My mom and I will be there 4 days before my dh and son get there so it would be PERFECT! Thanks so much to all of you that answered!
I printed out this thread and will keep with my trip file.
Thank you my dis friends :grouphug:

You could also try 1607, same exact view but one floor higher. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter