Vinylmation: Love them or hate them?

DisneyGirlie

DIS Veteran
Personally, I'm on the fence with these and really can't decide. Vinylmation and I have a love/hate relationship you could say. Last trip I bought a couple. I believe I bought 3 and two out of the 3 were the same. What kind of luck is that?! This trip I bought about 5 Vinylmations (most were from different collections) and I decided to buy a 2nd one in the park #3 series. I ended up getting the same one of one that I already have. I love Vinylmation though. I think they are so adorable and unique and I love the surprise of not knowing what you're getting...until it turns out to be a repeat. They almost seem to be the new hot thing, replacing pin trading. Vinylmations seem to be everywhere, like the pins, and from what I saw in an empty store window display, it appears that Downtown Disney might be getting a Vinylmation store? Not sure though.

Just curious how people feel about Vinylmations and how you feel when/if you got a repeat? :goodvibes

I used to hate them but then this trip I got hooked! I love the Parks Series' b/c they actually have a Disney tie. I'm not too big on the Urban series although there are a few that I do like from them.

Same here! Not big on the urban, but I love the park series and recently I love the cutesters series. They are adorable. I also love the special edition park event vinylmations. I have an Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights Vinylmation and I just bought a Flower and Garden Festival Vinylmation. The good thing about those special events Vinylmations is that you know what you're getting ;)

I'm not very interested because where do I put them when I get home? I'm not the type to display them on a shelf or anything. The only reason I can find to collect them is that they might be worth a lot of money later. What are the reasons to collect them?

I can see where you're coming from. I just collect them because I think they're unique looking and fun to not know what you'll get (until a repeat comes along). Funny you mentioned how to display them. I'm trying to figure out a good way to display mine and I saw a Vinylmation display case for sale at WDW. It holds 12 Vinylmations. Before we actually looked at the price, my mom and I guessed how much it would cost and she said $60 and I said "That's way too much! Probably $50." Then I saw the price and it was $80. Needless to say, I didn't get it. I'll find a cheaper, possibly even better way to display mine.

We love these cute little figures! We have two of those 80 cases, it was funny the year before the case came out my husband drew something just like it only he was going to build it out of wood.... We saw those and had to get them his exact words "a lot easier than building one." We like the park series and the holiday ones. We do have the some of the urban series my husband likes those I could live with out them. I want the flower and garden one, but we have not been to the flower and garden festival since that one came out. I can't wait for the Shop in Downtown Disney, I was actaully hoping wdw would get one after Disneyland got one.

We love these cute little figures! We have two of those 80 cases, it was funny the year before the case came out my husband drew something just like it only he was going to build it out of wood.... We saw those and had to get them his exact words "a lot easier than building one." We like the park series and the holiday ones. We do have the some of the urban series my husband likes those I could live with out them. I want the flower and garden one, but we have not been to the flower and garden festival since that one came out. I can't wait for the Shop in Downtown Disney, I was actaully hoping wdw would get one after Disneyland got one.

Yeah, I'll probably just end up getting a Vinylmation case at some point because I like them and it's the "official" case for Vinylmations. Sounds like you have a lot of the Vinylmations! Do you not ever get repeats? As I said, I do quite often. It's frustrating. :confused3

We're not hooked. But, we do have about 8 of them from four trips this past year. We were at WDW in December and I picked up five of the holiday versions. I made everyone wait until Christmas morning to open them up. Surprisingly, we got five different ones ... Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween and 4th of July. We won't get them every trip from now on. But, they look cute on top of the hutch in our home office. This is our designated "Disney Room". ;)

:goodvibes Jennifer

We're not hooked. But, we do have about 8 of them from four trips this past year. We were at WDW in December and I picked up five of the holiday versions. I made everyone wait until Christmas morning to open them up. Surprisingly, we got five different ones ... Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween and 4th of July. We won't get them every trip from now on. But, they look cute on top of the hutch in our home office. This is our designated "Disney Room". ;)

:goodvibes Jennifer

Our Disney room is also our home office and has everything Disney I've ever bought (which is a LOT) on display in there. I love having a Disney room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter