VIP tour or Orlando Informer

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I mentioned in passing I would like to go to universal for my birthday and my husband was on board! I was a bit shocked but now I’m planning and not looking back! We have two girls 6/10 at the time. We would be in town late Thursday to mid day Sunday (ideally).

The weekend we would be going is an Orlando informer meet up.

I’m debating what I would rather do, Friday and Saturday meet ups, or do a group VIP, or totally private VIP.

I know cost wise one day of the group VIP is the cheapest, then 2 nights at the meet up and obviously most expensive is the private VIP.

They all seem to have benefits, my older daughter and I have done the group VIP And one night at a meet up. Things I’m worried about, my younger daughter will be 48, but doubtful much over, so she is sitting out some rides on the group VIP, and that’s unavoidable. With the meet up we can divide and conquer ie I can take the younger one to ride something else while my husband and older daughter ride something a big ride. But I worry two late nights is a lot for them.

I don’t know to much about the private VIP, but figure the guide can always take 2 and the other 2 can do stand by.

which would you do an why?

The Orlando Informer meetup sounds like fun but has a very late party hours.
Also , always worry about the weather when making plans, especially with $$$ for events .
I would choose staying at Hard Rock for Free express pass and best walking / boat taxi locations plus Brunch at the Kitchen Restaurant !
I can also recommend Castaway Bay family suite w Preferred pool view
or the Dockside value…the busses run frequently and the bus ride is very short !

I noticed the WDW VIP and the group with the VIP had to wait for the rest of the round to catch up…which would frustrate me at that price. Also felt the guide walks very slowly to safely move group along .And stood behind a VIP at the hot dog stand closest to Guardians Cosmic Rewind and the group was standing waiting for the Guide to place their order… Really would make that hot dog and bag of chips w/churro Expensive!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter