Visiting June 14th

Duck143

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to Orlando in June and surprising our 2 sons with a 2 night stay at RP and 3 park days (hopping). Our first park day is June 14th, which was announced yesterday as the grand opening of the new land as well as 2 new nighttime shows. With the stay at RP, we have EP access, so that's good, but I'm wondering how crazy the parks might be with these new additions starting that day? We watch a lot of youtubers and are aware that they all try to film new things first, so I fully expect them to be floating around. Do you all think I need to do more planning now or am I good?

Yes it will be crazy. As far as Rides go you will be absolutely fine with 3 park days and EP.

But since it will be more crowded than usual put some time into planning where you want to eat (as food lines can get very long when it’s crowded and there is no EP for those lol) try to plan your days so you are in the same park at lunch time as the restaurant you wanted to eat at. If you can try to eat at off peak times (like 11:15 for lunch instead of 12).

If exploring Harry Potter and doing the magic window spells are very important for your group then try to plan a day where you do those early. The Harry Potter lands are both packed by 11am when its busy.

Yes it will be crazy. As far as Rides go you will be absolutely fine with 3 park days and EP.

But since it will be more crowded than usual put some time into planning where you want to eat (as food lines can get very long when it’s crowded and there is no EP for those lol) try to plan your days so you are in the same park at lunch time as the restaurant you wanted to eat at. If you can try to eat at off peak times (like 11:15 for lunch instead of 12).

If exploring Harry Potter and doing the magic window spells are very important for your group then try to plan a day where you do those early. The Harry Potter lands are both packed by 11am when its busy.
Thank you! I booked Confisco Grill for 5:15pm on the 14th and Cowfish for the 15th. We'll have to plan on mobile ordering if we want to order lunch. Good advice on the window spells, since that is something my 10 yo loves. I'm thinking we should go over to IoA on the 14th to rider Hagrid's, since the new land is opening in UO. That a good plan?

Or hang around the Harry Potter areas after closing, when you can still do spells and it's less crazy. This is more effective in Hogsmeade since the line for Hagrids takes a while to process after park close, so they don't bother trying to clear the area as long as people are still riding. But the stores will close so if you want to browse, do that earlier.

Or hang around the Harry Potter areas after closing, when you can still do spells and it's less crazy. This is more effective in Hogsmeade since the line for Hagrids takes a while to process after park close, so they don't bother trying to clear the area as long as people are still riding. But the stores will close so if you want to browse, do that earlier.
That's great advice since we'll be up for the new night shows.

Does anyone have any idea what park hours may be in June? The calendar says 9am-9pm right now.

FYI for the Hogwarts nighttime show, I would suggest skipping the first few showings of the evening, which may be very full (ie, they may not allow more people to go into the area which will be a shoulder to shoulder sea of humanity). If you wait for one later in the evening, you will be able to stand comfortably separated from other parties and enter/exit the area freely. If they do it like they've done the other Hogwarts nighttime shows, they repeat every 20min.

FYI for the Hogwarts nighttime show, I would suggest skipping the first few showings of the evening, which may be very full (ie, they may not allow more people to go into the area which will be a shoulder to shoulder sea of humanity). If you wait for one later in the evening, you will be able to stand comfortably separated from other parties and enter/exit the area freely. If they do it like they've done the other Hogwarts nighttime shows, they repeat every 20min.
Shoulder to shoulder sea of humanity Florida in June does not sound like a pleasant experience!

When I saw it the first time, the crowd difference between the 6pm show (first show) and the 8pm show was astounding. They may also show it once after closing (at least, they have done so in the past) - however I wouldn't count on this if it's your only chance to see it. Note you can also see the show from the beginning of the Hagrids line, before you get to Hagrid's hut. IE if you want to hop in line right before closing but haven't seen the show yet...

Early entry might be the best time to ride Hagrids especially if the new HP night time show is debuting too. Keep up with wait times on the app (make sure you have the app) if wait times are crazy on the 14th then you can try early entry on one of the other two days.

Since you have 3 days and EP Hagrids is the only ride you need to plan.

Early entry might be the best time to ride Hagrids especially if the new HP night time show is debuting too. Keep up with wait times on the app (make sure you have the app) if wait times are crazy on the 14th then you can try early entry on one of the other two days.

Since you have 3 days and EP Hagrids is the only ride you need to plan.
Thank you for the ideas! Maybe we'll head right to Hagrid's on the 14th since everyone might go check out the new area. We have park to park, so can go back and forth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter