Viva Italia June 4, 2009 Trip Report

Thanks Monica for the wonderful memories! All the places we visited were wonderful but I think Venice was my favorite. It was so walkable and so many wonderful interesting things to see and experience.This is tough but what was your highlight of the trip?

Okay I have to stop reading these trip reports, each one that I read I then decide that is the trip I want to take next year. I did Backstage Magic this year and it was great now I want to do Italy, Ireland, The alps and Southwest Splendors all next year LOL

Great report glad you had a great trip.

Yesterday at work someone asked what my favorite city was and I couldn't even answer that. As I said at the farewell dinner, I loved the history of Rome, the beauty of Tuscany, and the uniqueness of Venice. I would love to go back and do the other Italy trip, but then the London and Paris trip looks interesting, and my daughter would like to see Spain, and Costa Rica looks fun...

Thank you for your frankness. I probably will be caught up in the vacation and time throughout the vacation, so we'll see what happens. Haven't gotten our packages yet from ABD. Then the excitment will really set in.

Thanks again for your travel report; it was great reading.

:cheer2:

Thank you mwebsite for this wonderful TR. Sounds like you had an amazing time.

Was this your first trip to Italy? How much research did you do on other travel/tour companies? The one's I've stumbled across on the internet don't seem like they're as involved as ABD. They may be cheaper, but I wonder how many things you still have to pay for that really are not included in their tours. What did you think of the lines for the different places you went? Do you think ABD saved you a lot of time that way?

Sorry for the 20 questions...I've gotten so used to the Disboards, that I'm not sure where to turn to plan our future trip to Italy - and hopefully Greece, too.

I'm glad you enjoyed my trip report.

My husband's boss, who travels a lot, recommended Tauck to us originally. Their tour does compare well with ABD, and I think the Tauck Bridges Tour is the closest family Tour that I found. ABD Viva Italia had one more day for about the same price. I also liked that ABD stayed in Tuscany, which was an experience I wanted, vs Tauck in Florence. They both had some meals and excursions included, and special activities. When I looked at the less expensive companies, these are the differences I found: when staying in Rome, they stayed in a nice hotel, but OUTSIDE the center, many excursions were optional, and they didn't have the unique activities like ABD such as the pasta making and mask making, that really added to the experience. I also realized the value of having a selected expert guide for each city that ABD contracts with to take you on the various excursions in the cities. Their knowledge and ethusiasm for their city and it's treasures added immensely to the tour. We did avoid lines at the Vatican and Colosseum with our tour group.

I also wanted to add that another thing that sets ABD apart from other tour companies, is having TWO adventure guides during the trip. Their goal is to ensure your enjoyment and comfort during the trip, and help with any special needs, such as dietary restrictions, on your adventure.

I also wanted to add that another thing that sets ABD apart from other tour companies, is having TWO adventure guides during the trip. Their goal is to ensure your enjoyment and comfort during the trip, and help with any special needs, such as dietary restrictions, on your adventure.
Amen to that! And in my experience, they do a fabulous job of it!!!!

Sayhello

We went at the end of June and were in Tuscany for the 4th of July. There was a wedding at the villa and they had fireworks. We all said it was to make us feel at home! The temp in Rome was hot when we were there. A thermometer read 114 in the sun one day. We also added on to the end of our trip, taking the train to Milan for 3 days. We also got to experience an Italian rail strike! That was not fun. All in all, we had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter