VWL Lovers & Groupies thread: It all started with a Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drums are beating louder in the house - six more sleeps . . . :banana:

DiznyDi only has five more . . . number six is always a cat napper . . :crazy:

8 more days here!

My son is getting more excited by the second I think. My DH, not so much. He is not a fan of WDW. He is however looking forward to German beer at Epcot.

Inkmahm, sorry about your husband and the surgery.

Sleepydog, glad you are OK. The news mainly covered Alabama, didn't know it hit you up there.

All the other groupies planning trips. :cool1: We have only 13 more sleeps until we're on the plane. We still have to unpack from the last trip while packing for the next one!

Congrats (and envy) going out to those closing in on going "home." We're still a few months out yet. And thanks to the safe wishes. No issues right here but some mighty devastation in neighboring counties.

Below are a few more pics from my hike on Monday.

Wild ponies roam the park and national forest areas.
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11143.jpg

Though you're asked not to feed them, and I don't, obviously people do because the ponies will walk right up to you. (Photo taken by Happy John who, apparently, is a frequent traveller on the AT.)
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11142.jpg

Unassuming Mt Rogers (in the background), the highest point in Virginia
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11133.jpg

As noted previously, the day started out beautifully, but a little over halfway through, I noticed the rumble of thunder and distant dark clouds forming. Using the old adage that discretion was the better part of valor, I opted to turn around and at times was doing a light run to get off the high ground. It doesn't look like much, but lightning was flashing all around me with no real cover to be had, so it was, umm, thrilling to say the least.
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11155.jpg

Back at the parking lot looking up the first ridge. Again, compared to many storms, it wasn't much. . .unless you were right in the middle of it!
GraysonHighlandsHike25Apr11157.jpg

8 more days until our Disneyland / National Park Tour adventure!

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

We're not packed yet. I'd like to try for carry on luggage. I've identified 3 laundry opportunities during our 2.5 week vacation.

Hey all

We are at Myrtle Beach for long weekend. Came to bring DD and her friend to see Randy Travis. They are big fans.

Hope everyone weathered the storms OK. Patrick. glad yall were spared. Beautiful pics! Its like having WL with imphasis on Wilderness right in your backyard. I will get with you soon so we can plan that meet. DD graduates next weekend, so after that weekends will be more free.

For all with upcoming trips, have fun in your final days planning!

Ink, prayers going upward for best results for your DH.

Hi Everyone:
TGIF! Anyone have plans for the weekend? Two weeks from tomorrow DH/I will be flying to FL! :cool1: Two weeks in Orlando.. awesome! :thumbsup2
For those of you traveling soon... have a fantastic vacation and enjoy!

Thank goodness everyone is safe from those wicked storms/tornadoes. Seeing the devastation on the news is shocking.

sleepydog25 ~ Great pictures even though the weather wasn't perfect in the afternoon. The wild ponies are so adorable!

Lakelandgal70 ~ Best of luck with your upcoming kitchen renovation.

Nicoal13 ~ I'm very sorry that your Grandpa passed away a few months ago. Losing a loved one is extremely difficult. All of you need a vacation! Glad your packing is almost done. It won't be long now! You and DS can bounce off the walls seeing Mickey and DH will be happy with a cold German beer.

Inkmahn ~ Good luck to DH with his upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted on how he is doing and hang in there.

DisneyDad/DisneyDI ~ A few more days and off you go!

franandaj ~ Happy packing!

wildernessDad ~ I bet you can't wait for your vacation. It's an amazing itinerary.

jimmytammy ~ Enjoy your weekend! I love Myrtle Beach and will be going there next year. Looking forward to going back.

Have a great day/weekend everyone and for those traveling soon... happy packing!!:dance3:

Thanks, everyone. DH had another scan today so he won't know results until Monday. He is leaving tomorrow morning for 10 days in PA visiting his parents and helping them around the house while his dad is facing surgery for colon cancer at the end of the month. I'm guessing DH won't have the surgery he needs until at least miid-May. Maybe the kidney stone will be out by then, too.

It's a beautiful day in Wisconsin for a change! Looking forward to dinner out tonight with DH before he leaves for his trip tomorrow. I'll be working out of town again next week so I probably will get behind on reading posts again.

Hi to all the groupies, sorry I have been mia for a while.

I have been keeping up with most of the posts, so happy vacations to those who are heading out for their trips, congratulations to those who have added on points. To those who celebrated birthdays and anniversaries I hope you had a great celebration. Prayers to those facing illnesses and surgeries or that have lost loved ones. And to the new groupies - Welcome!!! Hopefully I have covered everything. If I forgot anyone please forgive me.

Update on my mother. . . our surgeon told us Tuesday that we are now on pain management. She had reached her limit on chemo again and I had to put her in the hospital for 11 days to get her potassium and magnesium levels back where they needed to be. She has lost so much weight and been in so much pain, that we were not surprised when we were given the word. Our oncologist has agreed with the surgeon. She is still taking the chemo pill since she tolerates it so well, but there have been no promises made on whether it will help at all. He said whenever her pain level rises for us to just ask for more meds. She has fought a brave fight and is still hanging in there until God calls her home.

My surgery went very well. The lump was 1.5 x 1.5 x 1 cm and they removed 4 lymph nodes. The nodes tested clear and the tissue around the lump was also clear. The actual tumor was a small part invasive cancer and the rest was not. Because of that my medical oncologist has ordered a test which will determine whether or not I will need chemo or not. I will get those results Tues. May 3. I will be having radiation and am a candidate for the 5 year followup chemo pill. Anyway, I have healed nicely (I think) and so far have not slowed down a whole lot. I will check in with y'all when we get the results Tuesday.

We have had quite a few tornadoes in our area so I also feel for the other states that have been going through this crazy weather. My family has been safe, but I have an aunt and uncle that lost well over 10 big trees and over half of their barn was damaged. Luckily no one has been hurt around here during our batch of storms.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to catch all my great groupie friends up on the latest. Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend.

Kathy - I'm so sorry your mom must endure this. But, I'm very happy to hear your surgery went well & the outcome looks very positive. Continued prayers for you & your family during this difficult time. :grouphug:

Hi Groupies!

So I don't think I mentioned this to anyone back when I paid my membership dues, but today is the anniversary of my 21st birthday. I won't say which one, but suffice to say I did see the first man walk on the moon, but wasn't around for Pearl Harbor. :scratchin Come to think of it, not even sure if my mom was around, Dad was, but I'm sure he doesn't remember...but I digress. I look forward to a relaxing day of being waited on hand and foot! :rotfl2: I'll be lucky to go out to dinner, but I can dream!

Happy Birthday Alison!!

twokats - prayers for you, your mom, and your family as you go through these difficult times.

6 more days for us! Did a bunch of packing today. Yesterday, I found out that my Dad had been very sick all week and lost a lot of weight. Mom and Dad wouldn't call and tell me because they didn't want me to worry. However, as of last night and this morning he is feeling much better and able to eat again. Thought we might have to postpone the trip there for a while. But he seems to be ok now.

party: Happy Birthday Alison! :bday:
Enjoy your day in celebration with family and friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter