VWL questions?

blitzkrieg048

Bond...James Bond
I own at OKW and have stayed there most of the time, with 2 stays at BCV. I usually get a 1 bedroom because we have a family of 5. I ove OKW to death but wanna try something different next time. I was considering VWL because I loved the atmosphere there and the easy boat ride to MK. The only problem is I find that the 1 bedroons at all the other resorts excluding OKW are smaller. I found myself getting a little cabin fever at BCV 1 bedroom as opposed to OKW where I felt relaxed. I thinbk it's the size of the room. I wanted to try VWL because the resort feels very relaxing with the surrounding trees, and the pool is pretty cool. So can anyone help me make a decision on whether to stay at OKW or give VWL a go. Please highlight some of VWL's best assets.
Thanx.

If room size really affects your enjoyment and feeling of relaxation, then I'd advise you to stay with OKW. VWL has the same size accommodations as BCV.

WL/VWL is a great resort nestled on the shore of Bay Lake. Easy access to MK via boat, lots of recreation such as bikes and boats. Hidden Mickey hunt via a sheet of clues from Guest Services. Duck races in the afternoon on the Silver Springs creek. Small beach area for the kids to play in the sand.

If you are bringing your family of five, the OKW additional space is probably worth it. If you are bringing four or less, the VWL 1BR should be plenty big.

If the rooms are the best part of the experience for you, OKW certainly has the best rooms on WDW property, so you can't beat that anywhere else. But VWL does have it's own charms.

-> The Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon area is the best area for boating and water activities.
-> An early morning walk-jog over to Ft Wilderness and back starts the day off wonderfully.
-> Easy boat-monorail ride to the restaurants at the Polynesian, Contemporary, or Grand Floridian, as well as a nice boat ride over to the MK. WL also has bus transportation directly to the MK now, as well.
-> WL lobby is a very nice place to sit, relax, and watch the faces of the newly arriving guests as they see the main lobby for the first time. The VWL lobby is usually very, very, very quiet if you need to get away for a little bit of time to yourself.
-> Once you've had enough quiet time, Whispering Canyon is a fun place to dine once in a while, as well as the more sedate Artist Point.
-> Activities at Ft Wilderness are a short walk or boat ride away. ( horseback riding, wagon rides, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Chp&Dale campfire, etc... )

Anyway, just a few ideas. I'm sure others will fill in areas I've left out. Have a great trip, whatever you decide!

Since you don't know until you try it, give it a try. The VWL do have the Iron Spike Room with common areas right there, you don't even have to go to the Lodge to find a place to read, or spread out to play board games.

Bobbi :flower:

hey just think if you haven't brought DVC you would still be staying in one of the value resort right???

so just compare the size of a 1-bedroom to 2 rooms at any of the value resort. you will come out ahead! promise!!!

however you might start to consider a 2-bedroom. they definitely have more space than a 1-bedroom.

::yes::
bobbiwoz said:
Since you don't know until you try it, give it a try. The VWL do have the Iron Spike Room with common areas right there, you don't even have to go to the Lodge to find a place to read, or spread out to play board games.

Bobbi :flower:

We've always found the Iron Spike room common areas to be empty! It's really beautiful and peaceful, a great place to go when you want to spread out and relax. Very inviting! We didn't use them much since last time we had a 2 bedroom, but if we stay in smaller accomodations or have more guests I could definitely see us using this space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter