W.I.S.H. Support! in the Creative Community Livingroom

I just put on jeans that were too tight before Christmas. They are a slimmer cut that are ONE SIZE SMALLER than my other jeans and they were actually comfy!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That's AWESOME!!!! Rock on, sister!! :cheer2: :dance3:

Gosh - I had NO idea you scrappers were actually WISHing too!!! Is there room for a WISHer that is a "wanna be scrapper" :rotfl: Today, yes, today I really am going to organize a few things and actually try to put together some things............ (huh - sounds good as I type, but my mind is racing through the day thinking oh yeah when will that fit in the schedule) so yes - I have the same goals, too............

Hey - I just read through the thread and certainly recognize several WISH "buds" and loved reading your stories, goals and what you have been doing toward maiking your lifestyle healthier. Actually, I have gotten a "bit of a boost" already (naw, it is NOT my first cup of coffee kicking in!) IT IS the inspiration from YOU guys.

Buffy, I could have sworn that I have "seen" you from time to time as I have been tmilling, now I know it WAS YOU ;) - now - I actually like mine - I tape the O show and a few others and just get on it and go. I am heading there as soon as I get just one more cup of coffee :banana:

Actually, ohMom and I just got home (well it seems like yesterday) from WDW and walking the 1/2 marathon and today is my first real day of being back into the exercerise routine. I have been back to the healthier eating this past week and started a H2O aerobics class, but today it is back to walking. (we both had major blister issues and we think it was due to the humidity that day) I am in the Easter challenge on the WISH board for 10 off by then.

One exercise activity that I did not see that anyone is doing, that I think is great, is the WATP (Walk away the pounds) tapes by Leslie Sansone. She has all levels and when I first started this healthier journey (I didn't want to be the FAT lady in the pictures when our "whole" family went to WDW - hence, why I was an AEG (looking forward to that trip) (man what 2 cups of coffee can do in getting one rev'd up and just typing away - now you know my life story:love: ) anyway - I would recommend the tapes - especially for those who can't always get outside in the winter when you want to get out to walk). and, don't forget to get some weight lifting in there too.

AND, while I am still "rambling" (you do allow ramblers, right??) if anyone is thinking that there just might be a walking/running event in their future get the book Marathon for Mortals by John Bingham and you just might get hooked. He has a great schedule to follow and as the saying goes "if I can do it, so can you" - YES you can!

Hey- I am going to let ohMom (Molli) know you guys are WISHing over here - she just may pop in on this thread, too :love:

I'll be back but until then - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and thanks again for the early morning inspiration - off to get in a couple of miles at least!

Bev

Welcome Bev!!! Glad you caught up! LOL :tiptoe: (Closest thing I could find to walking)

Anywho you sure can join. We opted to Wish over here since some of us never venture to other parts of the board anymore and we are all so close we can really motivate each other. Plus we understand our craziness :joker:
The WATP are the ones with music right? See I have my trusty IPod, props to the DH for fixing it for me, so I walk to 1 hit wonders of the 70's and 80's. OH am I dating myself here???
I don't want to be the fat lady either. I have a pic of me and the mayor of Main Street and blech I look terrible so that is my motivation. I will not be the fat lady in DD first princess pics!

Off to get dressed and do the stairs this morning. It's too cold to walk outside so I'm doing my Pilates and the stairs. Poor mans stair machine! LOL

Thanks for the boost!!:hug:

:wave2: Hi Bev!

Yeah, we buds over here just wanted to keep each other motivated. :grouphug: I tried to navagate the WISH board, and got nowhere. And so many of us posted on the New Year Goals thread, that it seemed to be a good idea.

So, I survived yesterday at Cheeseburger in Paradise with DH and his 95yr old uncle (yesterday was the 95th...wow to live that long!). I had a Baja burger...gotta be one of the best burgers I have ever had! No dessert, but I sure was wishing for a piece of the key lime pie last night during the Grey's rerun... Had eggs for dinner, so the scale behaved today (love my new scale! way cool!)

Work for me today. Also cleaning out the corner of my scrappy/craft room. Thinking about a nice big salad from Appleby's take out for dinner...yummo! And the stuff they serve in the hospital is just yucky...

I just put on jeans that were too tight before Christmas. They are a slimmer cut that are ONE SIZE SMALLER than my other jeans and they were actually comfy!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:thumbsup2

Congrats! That's great!

Bev, we are so glad you're here!

And I am thrilled to know I am not the only WATP's fan. DH actually does them with me. He used to run but says these are a better workout. We try to do at least 2 miles 4 or 5 times a week, right now we are trying to get back into the 4 mile - which we kind of lost over Christmas! We have names for all of the people (like scary ab lady) and we love talking back to Leslie, although some of our comments are not for the kids to hear! ;)

Alright ladies.. This is your WISH cheerleader :cheer2: jumping in to keep you motivated!!!

You all are doing wonderful work!!! I'm so proud of each and everyone of you for your accomplishments thus far!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I promise after this weekend to keep up to date and do more cheerleading and positive reinforcement!!!

:grouphug:

ok you guys, someone please kick me in the ...you know!
I just can't get started again. I can't seem to kick this stress-eating.popcorn:: popcorn::
I don't even want to be in any pics on our next WDW trip, because I know
I'll hate how I'll look. :eek: :scared1:
help!!!!:sad1:

I just can't get started again. I can't seem to kick this stress-eating.popcorn:: popcorn::
I'm a stress eater too. Especially when DH is gone and I have the kids for a week alone. So what I do is I wait. If I want something I wait 10-15 minutes to see if the craving go away. If they don't then I'll eat some Quaker soy or rice crisps. I personally love the honey graham and the bbq. The kids love the ranch. The honey graham is only 60 calories for 9 crisps.
I'll also walk a few laps around the house, or come here and re-read everyones posts. It really helps to keep me motivated.

Don't feel bad. I haven't had the best of weekends either. I have been doing some "hormonal" eating, if ya know what I mean...

I felt even worse thinking about those new jeans, but I am trying not to beat myself up...tomorrow is a new day.

hormonal eating...oh yeah, been there, done that, will do it again in a few weeks, LOL! :rotfl:

Okay, ladies, I was down 1 pound this morning. Thank goodness the hormonal stuff is behind me for a few weeks now. :rotfl: I've pulled out the journal so I can start counting WW points. I hate doing it, but I simply must in the beginning. Now to make time for the lovely treadmill. :sad2: DH dangled a new purse (one of my many weaknesses) in front of me if I reach my first goal. If he only knew that one of my goals is to be smokin' in time for his birthday in May. :rotfl2:

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember...every day is a fresh start! :cheer2:

Okay, ladies, I was down 1 pound this morning. Thank goodness the hormonal stuff is behind me for a few weeks now. :rotfl: I've pulled out the journal so I can start counting WW points. I hate doing it, but I simply must in the beginning. Now to make time for the lovely treadmill. :sad2: DH dangled a new purse (one of my many weaknesses) in front of me if I reach my first goal. If he only knew that one of my goals is to be smokin' in time for his birthday in May. :rotfl2:

Keep up the good work everyone! Remember...every day is a fresh start! :cheer2:

Can you explain the January exercise challenge. How do they come up with a number? Is it minutes or miles?

Can you explain the January exercise challenge. How do they come up with a number? Is it minutes or miles?

It's minutes. Each person comes up with their goal for the month. I try to be realistic, which sounds good in theory, but then I sabotage myself. :rotfl: Anyway, as an example, my goal for January was 30 minutes a day Monday-Friday. I started on January 2nd, so that gives me 22 days. 22 days*30 minutes=660 minutes. You just post your goal for the month and update accordingly.

Gotta admit that I've shot myself in the foot by being so unmotivated this month. I can still make my goal if I'll do 60 minutes a day for the rest of the month. One day down....

It's minutes. Each person comes up with their goal for the month. I try to be realistic, which sounds good in theory, but then I sabotage myself. :rotfl: Anyway, as an example, my goal for January was 30 minutes a day Monday-Friday. I started on January 2nd, so that gives me 22 days. 22 days*30 minutes=660 minutes. You just post your goal for the month and update accordingly.

Gotta admit that I've shot myself in the foot by being so unmotivated this month. I can still make my goal if I'll do 60 minutes a day for the rest of the month. One day down....

Thanks, I aim for 30 minutes a day of something. Walking, the stairs, etc. Some days are better than others.
I wish I could do 60 minutes but I don't have time. As it is I'm doing the drive by DIS'ing. Right now my #1 goal is to clean and organize my house. But I do sweat up a storm doing dishes. Don't know why but I always have. Does that count??? LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter