Wait! Where's your wedding ring? An Oct. 2013 Disneymoon TR Updated 5/7!

Welcome back friends! We last left off with a night full of lights and fireworks at Magic Kingdom. We slept in again, once we woke up and got ready, we were off to MK again.

DSC_1661-L.jpg

It was a bit of an overcast day, but that wouldn’t slow us down at all.

DSC_1662-L.jpg

It was a party day, so the park wasn’t too crowded!

DSC_1665-L.jpg

DSC_1663-L.jpg

We got to the end of Main Street just in time to watch the Trolley Show before our lunch ADR.

DSC_1667-L.jpg

DSC_1672-L.jpg

DSC_1674-L.jpg

DSC_1681-L.jpg

DSC_1684-L.jpg

DSC_1685-L.jpg

We checked in for our lunch at The Plaza and were seated fairly quickly. We are very much creatures of habit when it comes to eating at Plaza. Franklin had his root beer float.

DSC_1688-L.jpg

And we split the cheesesteak and a hot fudge sundae.

DSC_1692-L.jpg

DSC_1694-L.jpg

Franklin like the condiment hidden Mickey that had been placed on our table.

DSC_1689-L.jpg

We paid the bill for our quick lunch and wandered back up Main Street, we had a date with the Mouse!

DSC_1663-L.jpg

DSC_1696-L.jpg

DSC_1698-L.jpg

But this wouldn’t be just any meeting with Mickey, this was our very first meet and greet with a talking Mickey! We could actually talk with Mickey!

i-MwmLVrv-L.jpg

i-WT4pn8j-L.jpg

Mickey congratulated us on the wedding and said he was so excited we had come to visit him!

i-9wJmM2D-L.jpg

i-JT7MPwD-L.jpg

Mickey and I even shared a quick dance.

i-H2h6nZ2-L.jpg

i-rVcCB7X-L.jpg

After that magical encounter with Mickey, we walked back up Main Street -- toward Fantasyland.

DSC_1702-L.jpg

Since we’d had so much fun with Mickey, we thought another couple of M&Gs were in order. First up? Cinderella!

i-pTCpzzQ-L.jpg

i-p3pkGzM-L.jpg

i-WvD7Cpg-L.jpg

My handsome prince!

i-HNZFVv5-L.jpg

i-wZhMHp4-L.jpg

Cinderella was truly lovely and so much fun to talk to. We had to practically tear ourselves away, but it was time to meet Aurora.

i-KvnRN4b-L.jpg

She was lovely too, slightly less talkative than Cindy, but lovely nonetheless.

i-BRdm65s-L.jpg

It was time exercise our vocal chords, Mickey’s Philharmagic style!

DSC_1709-L.jpg

Franklin kept taking photos during the show and I kept pestering him about why he was doing it. “It’s a 3-D movie, they’ll never turn out.” Well, by now I should know not to question Franklin and his photography projects…

DSC_1710-L.jpg

DSC_1712-L.jpg

DSC_1714-L.jpg

DSC_1717-L.jpg

DSC_1720-L.jpg

DSC_1726-L.jpg

DSC_1727-L.jpg

DSC_1729-L.jpg

DSC_1731-L.jpg

DSC_1732-L.jpg

DSC_1733-L.jpg

DSC_1734-L.jpg

DSC_1738-L.jpg

That fast and furious sing along is where we’ll stop for now, but you’d better not go anywhere. This Disney trip goes out with a ridiculously big final-night meal. It’s a chapter you definitely don’t want to miss!

TALKING MICKEY! I'm not a character person, but I would love to meet talking Mickey so much!!

WOW, those pictures of Philharmagic! I want to look at them over and over again; they're astounding! And I love the saturation of color in them. Truly amazing pictures.

To go back a little... I do have pics of Wishes from our FP+ vantage point.. granted not Franklin quality but Im sure you will get the point.. hahaha! Now i just need to figure out how to post them!

Fantastic update!!I was so excited to see your post on FB! You must be getting so excited for your solo trip!

I like your Soul Mate tee-shirts. They are perfect for the two of you. :)

Franklin's pictures of the Philharmonic make me want to go see it again. I've only been there once, nine years ago, and I don't remember the pictures looking that good. Franklin makes the show look really good.

Love the Soul Mate shirts-between those and your Bride and Groom ears you really do have some cute pictures together :thumbsup2

I never would have thought that you could get such great photos of Mickeys Philarmagic but as you say "Franklin knows best" and we should know better than to argue :lmao: lol

You are definitely giving me some ideas for new restaurants to try on my next trip! The Plaza meal looks yummy :thumbsup2

Cant wait for the next installment :goodvibes

My DH was just saying when we retire if we moved to Orlando he wanted to be a talking Mickey! He can do so many of the voices and sounds just like them! Love your shirts too! I am looking for idea for our next trip for matching shirts for the 5 of us right now.

Yay for talking Mickey! It's fun seeing what other people post to see just how many different kinds of conversations he can have with you.

Love that picture of Cinderella checking out your ring. :lovestruc

Oh my goodness, Franklin is so ridiculously talented! I'm sure DH is going to want to know how in the world he got those pictures of PhilharMagic. :rotfl:

Those Philharmagic photos are amazing! Franklin is so talented!

Could you actually carry on a conversation with the talking Mickey? I thought I'd heard his voice was recorded and was basic responses.

Very cute photos in your soulmates shirts!

I would of wondered about someone taking pictures during Philharmagic. I'd make snide comments to myself about how they are obviously not going to come out.....boy, wow! That Ariel one is insane! I don't know how he did it!

Looking forward to your next chapter. So many places to get a scrumptious meal...hard to choose!

BTW, you and I now have about 40 days and counting!!:cool1:

Love the photos with Cindy checking out the ring! :lovestruc

And the Philharmagic shots are just awesome. I'm confused though. Isn't the 3-D image usually fuzzy without glasses on? Did Franklin make a special pair of glasses for his camera? ;)

sounds like a nice morning - sleeping in and still making an ADR and meeting some major characters.

I would have been in the same position questioning the taking of pictures of a 3D show, but obviously Franklin knew what he was doing - especially love the ones with with Donald and Ariel reaching out ... almost look 3D!

So excited to have found this thread!

We are going to Disney in October for our first MNSSHP this year. It's our anniversary and his birthday is actually on Halloween so I thought it would be fun.

We had our first trip to Disney World in January and I really did not expect to love it as much as I did. The trip should have been a complete disaster. We both were really sick and ended up at urgent care after our flight! But we got some rest and were able to do more than I ever imagined and now I'm so ready to go back.

You're Hallowishes pictures are gorgeous! Just makes me even more certain that I want to be there to see it!

Thanks for sharing your awesome honeymoon experience!

I love your soul mate shirts! So perfect with your bride and groom ears too!

What a great morning with such fun meets!

And just WOW! What amazingly incredible shots of Philharmagic! How on earth?

Mickey and Cinderella....great combo of meet n' greets!

Fun pics of the trolley show too --- its the little things like that show that make MK so special!

Love your t-shirts too!

Wow, that is crazy that Franklin ended up getting those great photos during Philharmagic! I would have thought they wouldn't come out either. Does his camera have reverse 3D technology!? Haha!

Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone! And yes, I would throw weird looks a someone trying to take pictures of Philharmagic, too. Without special techniques, photos taken here will be blurry. :3dglasses

DSC_1720-L.jpg

Twist my arm. :rotfl2: By popular request, here's how to take photos of Philharmagic (or any other 3D show). Rachel is sort of on the right track with the "reverse 3D technology". I'm going to get a bit technical, but I'll try to explain it so everyone can understand. So bare with me.

Shooting any movie can be tricky. The frame rate for a movie is usually 24 or 30 frames per second. Simply stated, a movie is just a bunch of pictures shown really fast, 30 pictures every second. That means the shutter speed on the camera must be set around 1/30 of a second. Any slower, multiple frames may be captured and the photo will be blurry. Any faster, you may only get a partial frame and some of the image will appear blacked-out.

Removing the 3D effect is done with a polarizing filter. You may be familiar with this filter because I use it on my outdoor photos. It makes the sky a deep blue and the grass a saturated green. The filter also reduces glare and reflections off of water, glass and other glossy surfaces.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/10889-REG/B_W_66_045620_77mm_Kaeseman_Circular_Polarizing.html

Without circular polarizer
DSC_7439-M.jpg

With circular polarizer, notice the water.
DSC_7438-M.jpg

What does this have to do with 3D movies? Without 3D glasses both eyes are seeing two images at the same time. That's why the screen appears blurry. The 3D glasses are actually two polarizing filters. One lens is rotated 90 degrees from the other so that each eye sees a different image. You perceive that as depth.

The camera only needs to see one of those images. Using the polarizing filter I mentioned above, place it on your lens. Look through the camera and rotate the filter until you see one image, then take the picture.

But that's not all! A circular polarizing filter reduces the amount of light by 2 stops. It means that the filter acts like sunglasses for your camera. :cool2: On top of that, the theater is very dark. Most cameras will find it difficult to focus when it is this dark. So, focus first, put the filter on, then rotate it to see one image. The other exposure settings need to be adjusted for the darkness too. The shutter speed was already set at 1/30, so my aperture needed to be wide open at f/2 and my ISO set to 3200. The photos still came out very dark and I had to do a lot of editing to brighten it.

If I were to shoot it again, I would use my new lens, shoot at f/1.4 and ISO 6400. For most cameras, you will be maxing out your dark settings. This is haunted mansion dark, caused by the use of a dark filter in a dim environment. So, this will not work for point-and-shoot or cell phone cameras.

Good luck to those who try it! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone! And yes, I would throw weird looks a someone trying to take pictures of Philharmagic, too. Without special techniques, photos taken here will be blurry. :3dglasses

DSC_1720-L.jpg

Twist my arm. :rotfl2: By popular request, here's how to take photos of Philharmagic (or any other 3D show). Rachel is sort of on the right track with the "reverse 3D technology". I'm going to get a bit technical, but I'll try to explain it so everyone can understand. So bare with me.

Shooting any movie can be tricky. The frame rate for a movie is usually 24 or 30 frames per second. Simply stated, a movie is just a bunch of pictures shown really fast, 30 pictures every second. That means the shutter speed on the camera must be set around 1/30 of a second. Any slower, multiple frames may be captured and the photo will be blurry. Any faster, you may only get a partial frame and some of the image will appear blacked-out.

Removing the 3D effect is done with a polarizing filter. You may be familiar with this filter because I use it on my outdoor photos. It makes the sky a deep blue and the grass a saturated green. The filter also reduces glare and reflections off of water, glass and other glossy surfaces.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/10889-REG/B_W_66_045620_77mm_Kaeseman_Circular_Polarizing.html

Without circular polarizer
DSC_7439-M.jpg

With circular polarizer, notice the water.
DSC_7438-M.jpg

What does this have to do with 3D movies? Without 3D glasses both eyes are seeing two images at the same time. That's why the screen appears blurry. The 3D glasses are actually two polarizing filters. One lens is rotated 90 degrees from the other so that each eye sees a different image. You perceive that as depth.

The camera only needs to see one of those images. Using the polarizing filter I mentioned above, place it on your lens. Look through the camera and rotate the filter until you see one image, then take the picture.

But that's not all! A circular polarizing filter reduces the amount of light by 2 stops. It means that the filter acts like sunglasses for your camera. :cool2: On top of that, the theater is very dark. Most cameras will find it difficult to focus when it is this dark. So, focus first, put the filter on, then rotate it to see one image. The other exposure settings need to be adjusted for the darkness too. The shutter speed was already set at 1/30, so my aperture needed to be wide open at f/2 and my ISO set to 3200. The photos still came out very dark and I had to do a lot of editing to brighten it.

If I were to shoot it again, I would use my new lens, shoot at f/1.4 and ISO 6400. For most cameras, you will be maxing out your dark settings. This is haunted mansion dark, caused by the use of a dark filter in a dim environment. So, this will not work for point-and-shoot or cell phone cameras.

Good luck to those who try it! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing! Maybe I need to buy another filter! :thumbsup2 Sheesh, that's one thing the Disboards are bad for, at least for me. My wallet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter